Wolf Whistling

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Wolf Whistling

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Major Starbold wrote:The day will come when anyone wearing a burka here will have it ripped from them.

If you could be more easily identified, then you would have no problem with people shouting 'You Nazi fucking bigoted senile old cunt' at you all the time?

You advocate freedom of speech, so you wouldn't whine like a pathetic little bitch then?

:hand:

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:58 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Stooo wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Stooo wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:I fucking hate wolf whistling. I'm not a dog. I only ever get it when I'm going to the gym in the evening and the beer garden is busy. I generally ignore it unless it's followed by shitty comments (which half the time it is), and shitty comments get a suitable reply.

However. It's not something I'd ever dream of getting the police involved with. Not unless it was part of a larger harassment issue.

Do you agree with women who choose to wear the burka and who subsequently suffer abuse?

Abusing anyone for what they are wearing is absolutely wrong. Whether that be a burka or a miniskirt (except a city shirt. I reserve the right to chuck abuse at my fella when he's in a city shirt).

I'm a bit mixed on the burka itself. Im all for the freedom to wear what the fuck you want, as long as it's not forced on you by controlling cunts. And anything that lets you leave the house without brushing your hair or getting out of your PJs is fine by me!

I know that it's a bit of a stretch to make that comparison but I think that it's valid. I've heard Muslim women say that they wear some sort of veil or hair covering cloth (similar to orthodox Jews, Christians, Hilda Ogden and loads of women in the 70's IIRC) through choice rather than belief. Can't be arsed? Chuck on the burka, embrace and normalise this stuff, integration at it's best! :mrgreen:

Honestly, I'd never have made the comparison myself, but once you mention it I can see it. I think my main issue with the burka is that it's an extension of the oppression and lack of rights women have in various Muslim countries. Although in the west I do believe the majority of women wear is by choice, and I'm totally behind a big "Fuck you" to anyone telling you not to wear something by wearing it more :gigglesnshit:

Tent yourself out! :twirl:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 am

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:The day will come when anyone wearing a burka here will have it ripped from them.

Is that what you advocate?

it seems the 'major' is admitting it's what he intends to do to women himself.

Perhaps he has plans to wear it himself, in a stylish fashion of course.

Nucks

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:40 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Stooo wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:I fucking hate wolf whistling. I'm not a dog. I only ever get it when I'm going to the gym in the evening and the beer garden is busy. I generally ignore it unless it's followed by shitty comments (which half the time it is), and shitty comments get a suitable reply.

However. It's not something I'd ever dream of getting the police involved with. Not unless it was part of a larger harassment issue.

Do you agree with women who choose to wear the burka and who subsequently suffer abuse?

Abusing anyone for what they are wearing is absolutely wrong. Whether that be a burka or a miniskirt (except a city shirt. I reserve the right to chuck abuse at my fella when he's in a city shirt).

I'm a bit mixed on the burka itself. Im all for the freedom to wear what the fuck you want, as long as it's not forced on you by controlling cunts. And anything that lets you leave the house without brushing your hair or getting out of your PJs is fine by me!

I think some wear it as a sort of shield. Protection from the outside world.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Major » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Real women would just ignore the whistling and smile.
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Major Starbold wrote:Real women would just ignore the whistling and smile.

as opposed to robots or blow-up dolls, you mean?

Postby Stooo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Think of it this way: Imagine if a beggar who was bigger and stronger than you kept hitting you for change, day after day and then imagine it to be several beggars all asking for a bit of cash and they did it because in their eyes you were an easy mark because of how you dressed and carried yourself, day after day...

How would you feel about this unwanted attention?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby jp761 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Stooo wrote:

Think of it this way: Imagine if a beggar who was bigger and stronger than you kept hitting you for change, day after day and then imagine it to be several beggars all asking for a bit of cash and they did it because in their eyes you were an easy mark because of how you dressed and carried yourself, day after day...

I don't agree with the way old Major put things, women obviously shouldn't be expected to smile about it.

But couldn't it be argued a mere smile in the direction of a lady 'could' be seen as 'unwanted attention'? The smile could make the ladies day feel a tad better, on the other hand she may think oh sod off! Granted a smile is better than a wolf-whistle, but the point is, the reaction of the person receiving these things can go either way. On the whole wolf-whistling and smiling at strangers is harmless.

I think the wolf-whistle though, is more a thing that younger guys do, just like younger women are the ones who are more likely to Oi,Oi and holler at desirable topless road worker/s etc
jp761

Postby Nucks » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:54 pm

Major Starbold wrote:
Pray tell, what is wrong with whistling at nice looking females?

Just so we’re clear on your stance, there’s nothing wrong with it, so women should just ignore it? Why even bother doing it then? Are there some men who are so weak-willed that they must express their feeling thru whistling at a woman as if she were a dog? Are they not capable of just “thinking”a woman is attractive?

I think the appropriate response should be to fetch you a stick and piss on your carpet.
Nucks

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:
Pray tell, what is wrong with whistling at nice looking females?

Just so we’re clear on your stance, there’s nothing wrong with it, so women should just ignore it? Why even bother doing it then? Are there some men who are so weak-willed that they must express their feeling thru whistling at a woman as if she were a dog? Are they not capable of just “thinking”a woman is attractive?

I think the appropriate response should be to fetch you a stick and piss on your carpet.

:best post:

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 pm

jp761 wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I don't agree with the way old Major put things, women obviously shouldn't be expected to smile about it.

But couldn't it be argued a mere smile in the direction of a lady 'could' be seen as 'unwanted attention'? The smile could make the ladies day feel a tad better, on the other hand she may think oh sod off! Granted a smile is better than a wolf-whistle, but the point is, the reaction of the person receiving these things can go either way. On the whole wolf-whistling and smiling at strangers is harmless.

I think the wolf-whistle though, is more a thing that younger guys do, just like younger women are the ones who are more likely to Oi,Oi and holler at desirable topless road worker/s etc

A wolf whistle is completely different to a smile. I smile at everyone I happen to glance at, most people smile back. It's nice to just share a happy face, a little friendly gesture.
A wolf whistle is just awful. And I'd argue it's not so much the younger bunch as it is the middle aged guys. I'm in my late 20's, and my generation don't seem to do it all too often. We also don't holler at men. We'd much rather swipe right on tinder.
NastyNickers

Postby jp761 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:54 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Stooo wrote:

A wolf whistle is completely different to a smile. I smile at everyone I happen to glance at, most people smile back. It's nice to just share a happy face, a little friendly gesture.
A wolf whistle is just awful. And I'd argue it's not so much the younger bunch as it is the middle aged guys. I'm in my late 20's, and my generation don't seem to do it all too often. We also don't holler at men. We'd much rather swipe right on tinder.
Swipe right tinder ahhh I'm done with replying to this post already! :razz:

Well.. I'd argue it's just those builders who still wolf-whistle these days. :mrgreen:

Ok I'll reply a tad more, most people you say, some people may be having a rough day and it may not help, they may well think god give it a rest miss smiley happy face! Get that happy face out of my eyeline. :mrgreen:
jp761

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:07 pm

jp761 wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Swipe right tinder ahhh I'm done with replying to this post already! :razz:

Well.. I'd argue it's just those builders who still wolf-whistle these days. :mrgreen:

Ok I'll reply a tad more, most people you say, some people may be having a rough day and it may not help, they may well think god give it a rest miss smiley happy face! Get that happy face out of my eyeline. :mrgreen:

I think you underestimate the power of a simple gesture from a stranger. Of course, some people are just permanently grumpy cunts, but the issue is theirs.

See, I spend a heck of a lot of time on site, and I don't think I've ever heard one of our lads wolf whistle. They spend a lot of time gathered around their phones eyeing up profiles though and rating how filthy they'd be in bed :roll: the older guys are all married, and haven't got the time or inclination to take in any 'views'.

ETS: On second thoughts, scrap that. They spend most of their breaks gathered round watching liveleak videos. The kind that come with a 'mature' warning.
NastyNickers

Postby jp761 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:12 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Stooo wrote:

This has me thinking, let's just say you are bang on correct, and it is the middle aged guys who still wolf-whistle, more than younger men.

I wonder what age group of men though, is the most likely to commit domestic violence, and generally behave far worse towards women. Much worse than wolf-whistling. I suspect it's younger men, I'm looking to see if I can find the statistics.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:17 pm

@NN

Who mentioned 'permanently' grumpy cunts. Someone doesn't have to be one of those, to occasionally think get that smiley happy face out of my eyeline.
jp761

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms