Wolf Whistling

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Wolf Whistling

Postby jp761 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:I still can't see the harm of a wolf whistle. Like I said, OK, it can be annoying and obnoxious, but FFS, there is a lot worse to worry about these days than a complimentary whistle :roll: ...I really think people have lost their sense of humour.

What I like to know is...why do girls and women wear skin tight clothes? Why short ass skirts, tits and ass hanging out etc?...Seriously, why?... if not to attract males. Most females dressed without the sexy undertone probably won't get the wolf whistle anyway...So, I don't get all this fuss tbh

Are you being serious? :kinell:

Yes I am, dead serious. What on earth is wrong with a fucking whistle? Have you people lost all your common sense? It's a whistle FFS, not an attack, not a rape, not a touch, not a fucking anything, just a whistle.
What about a car horn? Does that bother you too? ...Get over shit like that for goodness sake, call it life :roll: I worry about real things, dangerous things, not silly BS like that.
In a way you do have a point, I think many people do tend to get too caught up in essentially harmless things. As you say there are far more serious things to be getting stuck into.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Vam wrote:Sorry, but i really hope someone can tell me what I'm missing here?

Wolf whistling mostly happens in broad daylight, and usually when people are wandering about everywhere. Hard to feel 'threatened' in that kind of scenario, isn't it? :dunno: And easy to ignore, and just walk on by surely?

If it happens in a deserted, dark street late at night, then that's an entirely different matter. But I'd suggest that scenario is a rare occurrence.
I'd also agree with this. It's much easier for a woman or an admin lol, to make such points without getting crucified. :mrgreen: It shouldn't be that way though.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:Real women would just ignore the whistling and smile.

Think of it this way: Imagine if a beggar who was bigger and stronger than you kept hitting you for change, day after day and then imagine it to be several beggars all asking for a bit of cash and they did it because in their eyes you were an easy mark because of how you dressed and carried yourself, day after day...

How would you feel about this unwanted attention?
I don't agree with the way old Major put things, women obviously shouldn't be expected to smile about it.

But couldn't it be argued a mere smile in the direction of a lady 'could' be seen as 'unwanted attention'? The smile could make the ladies day feel a tad better, on the other hand she may think oh sod off! Granted a smile is better than a wolf-whistle, but the point is, the reaction of the person receiving these things can go either way. On the whole wolf-whistling and smiling at strangers is harmless.

I think the wolf-whistle though, is more a thing that younger guys do, just like younger women are the ones who are more likely to Oi,Oi and holler at desirable topless road worker/s etc

Why do you always have to remind us that women can do this also? Even though it's far less likely for a woman to do this sort of thing, you keep forcing it into the discussion, almost as a justification for men.

Why shouldn’t he point it out. You seem to get so many that think bad behaviour on whatever level only happens to women. It’s the same with the sexual predator comments re Harvey Weinstein or other Hollywood elites. What about Terry Crews? How about the allegations by Corey Feldman? It amazing how often people only ever focus on women and kick up a fuss should JP or anyone else point out bad things happen to men and women. It certainly doesn’t help when posters like you make snide insinuations that somehow JP is using it as justification for anything.
And I haven't seen that guest going at Holly, vam and Vicky, much yet. Funny that. The guest probably Scottie, just likes 'trying' to bring me down at every single opportunity, making any old excuse to do so. How sad is that. What a petty little guesty, hey. haha
jp761

Postby jp761 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:58 pm

@flipping and blaming women guest... stop accusing me of this bollocks. It never happened.

Just fuck off(probably Scottie) There is nothing to answer no flipping and 'blaming' went on, your questions were bullshit in the first place. :off head: Why don't get to work on Hollys, vams and Vickys opinions. But due to you being a petty little shit you wont do that will you.
jp761

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm

jp761 wrote:@flipping and blaming women guest... stop accusing me of this bollocks. It never happened.

Just fuck off(probably Scottie) There is nothing to answer no flipping and 'blaming' went on, your questions were bullshit in the first place. :off head: Why don't get to work on Hollys, vams and Vickys opinions. But due to you being a petty little shit you wont do that will you.

Are you denying you first mentioned that women do it too? No-one else thought it relevant to remind anyone that women do it too, so asking Holly, Vam or Victoria would be pointless.

Postby Cobs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:05 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Has anyone actually said it should be a criminal offence? You can dislike something and not be an offended little snowflake about it. I fucking hate it, but I ignore it or give my best death stare if they are close enough to feel the impact of my evilest evils.

And to clarify. I wear my clothes tight-ish not because I want to attract anyone (I’m taken and he’s well used to seeing me in all my slobbish glory), but because my arse and thighs are larger than my top half, so baggy pants are impossible to find and if paired with a baggy top I look like a blob.
And anyway. I dress for me.

Heard some amiable wolf whistles but a goodly amount were accompanied by coarser fuckwittery so I get why peeps would hate it.

I shared a flat at uni with a guy (with locks & a waistcoat) who would open the windows in the summer and shout 'Hot Totty!' at the passing talent. :mrgreen:
Cobs

Postby Not Scottie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:08 pm

jp761 wrote:This is fair enough, but what about women doing the same/similar towards road workers with their tops off, for example. It happens, and everyone knows it. And OP, no need for the fat/older stuff though.

This is kinda linked. In many areas in life you have polarising views, extreme views one way or another, and it has become a problem. A bunch of people who think in one way, and another bunch of people, who think in completely the opposite way. Middle-ground views are diminishing.

This is your first post in this thread Jp. The third post of the thread and the first post that flips it around into women.

Do you still deny it?
Not Scottie

Postby jp761 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:@flipping and blaming women guest... stop accusing me of this bollocks. It never happened.

Are you denying you first mentioned that women do it too? No-one else thought it relevant to remind anyone that women do it too, so asking Holly, Vam or Victoria would be pointless.
And... so what? I wasn't 'blaming' anyone for anything, so quit with that bollocks.

You game is obvious. Move along, I don't care what you say, your views and opinions mean nothing, don't bother quoting me. You'll be wasting your time.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:46 pm

Guest wrote:

Actually I'm quoting you again, because I can.

Another point is, you obviously have very little experience of being in the company of women, or around the company of women. At times they are well capable of treating guys like a piece of 'meat'. But in a harmless way for the most part, no different to men, this is the key! The majority of the time it's done in a harmless way, and this applies to both men and women. So I'm afraid like it or not, when it comes to most of these types of subjects, I am going to be even-handed when it comes to discussing the sexes. :thumbsup:
jp761

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:52 pm

jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:

Another point is, you obviously have very little experience of being in the company of women, or around the company of women. At times they are well capable of treating guys like a piece of 'meat'. But in a harmless way for the most part, no different to men, this is the key! The majority of the time it's done in a harmless way, and this applies to both men and women. So I'm afraid like it or not, when it comes to most of these types of subjects, I am going to be even-handed when it comes to discussing the sexes. :thumbsup:

Nobody is denying that women might also do it too. How often do you personally think it happens to men, compared to women? I just find it odd that any subject discussing men and their abuse you always flip it around and mention women instead.

It's a strange go-to point you like to make, rather than chastise the men you bring women into it. It's very odd behaviour.

Postby jp761 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nobody is denying that women might also do it too. How often do you personally think it happens to men, compared to women? I just find it odd that any subject discussing men and their abuse you always flip it around and mention women instead.

It's a strange go-to point you like to make, rather than chastise the men you bring women into it. It's very odd behaviour.
No one can possibly say how often these things happen. How on earth do you go about putting a figure on these things.

A strange point, no it's fair point.

Your use of the words flipping it, are incorrect. It's not flipping it, it's being even-handed. No, I wont be chastising anyone for wolf-whistling neither man nor woman. You're the one who has an odd attitude.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:14 pm

Not Scottie wrote:
jp761 wrote:This is fair enough, but what about women doing the same/similar towards road workers with their tops off, for example. It happens, and everyone knows it. And OP, no need for the fat/older stuff though.

This is kinda linked. In many areas in life you have polarising views, extreme views one way or another, and it has become a problem. A bunch of people who think in one way, and another bunch of people, who think in completely the opposite way. Middle-ground views are diminishing.

This is your first post in this thread Jp. The third post of the thread and the first post that flips it around into women.

Do you still deny it?
Flipping it, stop with that pathetic description, it's incorrect. It's called being even-handed. It's just tough shit if you have a problem with that.
jp761

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:32 pm

jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:

No one can possibly say how often these things happen. How on earth do you go about putting a figure on these things.

A strange point, no it's fair point.

Your use of the words flipping it, are incorrect. It's not flipping it, it's being even-handed. No, I wont be chastising anyone for wolf-whistling neither man nor woman. You're the one who has an odd attitude.

Ok, so what sort of percentage do you think it happens to men and women? 50/50?

Have a guess...

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:35 pm

jp761 wrote:
Not Scottie wrote:

Do you still deny it?
Flipping it, stop with that pathetic description, it's incorrect. It's called being even-handed. It's just tough shit if you have a problem with that.

It’s a perfectly apt description. It isn’t even handed, you can’t see a discussion about abuse by men without flipping it around and blaming women.

Postby jp761 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:44 pm

@guessing guest

You have a guess. You wont be anywhere near correct is my bet, but if you are, you wont know it anyway. :wink: It's pointless to try.

But if you're for equality as I am, you'd accept my even-handed approach.
jp761

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms