Big Fat Frosty wrote:at this moment in time
concentrate on getting earth into the future
and those who dream upon it..
:thumbsup:

Rolluplostinspace

Re: Wolf Whistling

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:01 pm

the tech is ready to explode into a new age
it is out running those who thought they had bought it....
:thumbsup:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:29 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:No I have no idea how it went from whistling to being cyborg.

Maybe both are to do with cutting off outside annoying noise/people.
Maybe contemplation is now about retreating into technology. Connecting with the people you want to connect with. Hearing opposing views instead of everyone pretending to agree with everyone else in real life.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:05 am

Lots of us would love a wolf whistle especially as we get older and are not still in the first flush of youth. It’s a harmless compliment most of the time not this outrageous sexist crime some try to make out these days.

I think Major Star has a point and it’s mainly those who’d never get whistled at who often but not always have the biggest problem with things like this.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:24 am

Guest wrote:Lots of us would love a wolf whistle especially as we get older and are not still in the first flush of youth. It’s a harmless compliment most of the time not this outrageous sexist crime some try to make out these days.

I think Major Star has a point and it’s mainly those who’d never get whistled at who often but not always have the biggest problem with things like this.

It's disrespectful if done to a stranger and in some situations can be threatening for a lone woman/girl. Better to just not go there.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:Lots of us would love a wolf whistle especially as we get older and are not still in the first flush of youth. It’s a harmless compliment most of the time not this outrageous sexist crime some try to make out these days.

It's disrespectful if done to a stranger and in some situations can be threatening for a lone woman/girl. Better to just not go there.

Back in the (non-PC) days, it used to be laughed off as harmless. Nowadays, that BIB is probably best.
Vam

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:49 am

Major Starbold wrote:Men will be fined on the spot for wolf-whistling women on French streets, the country's women's minister has said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4vgj3EpfZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Where is the harm in wolf whistling.

I bet nice looking females love it really, it is the fat older scruffy old trouts who go out in there slippers who object cus no one whistles at them.

Whether it’s wolf whistling or those Beach Body ready ads or anything like that it’s always the ‘scruffy old trouts’ as you charmingly put it who object. Always.
I’m a little old to get whistled now but I’d never take offence and if people get offended, I suggest rather then moan, they get down the gym or make a bit of effort with how they look. A bit of lippy or putting a brush through their hair once in a while can make the world of difference. People are far too sensitive and quick to take offence at everything these days.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:57 am

Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Back in the (non-PC) days, it used to be laughed off as harmless. Nowadays, that BIB is probably best.

Yes, being rude and groping people at work also used to be considered harmless.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:02 am

Guest wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:Men will be fined on the spot for wolf-whistling women on French streets, the country's women's minister has said.

I bet nice looking females love it really, it is the fat older scruffy old trouts who go out in there slippers who object cus no one whistles at them.

Whether it’s wolf whistling or those Beach Body ready ads or anything like that it’s always the ‘scruffy old trouts’ as you charmingly put it who object. Always.
I’m a little old to get whistled now but I’d never take offence and if people get offended, I suggest rather then moan, they get down the gym or make a bit of effort with how they look. A bit of lippy or putting a brush through their hair once in a while can make the world of difference. People are far too sensitive and quick to take offence at everything these days.

I want to be a scruffy old trout if it stops unwanted Pervy attention.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Holly » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 am

I hate wolf whistles, especially when you realise they weren't meant for you but that gorgeous 18 year old walking next to you :gigglesnshit:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:08 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:

I want to be a scruffy old trout if it stops unwanted Pervy attention.

For me there’s a difference between a cheery or flattering wolf whistle and a creepy perv whistle or unwanted attention.

Why spoil the fun for the rest of us just because a small number of people are creeps. I think these old trouts Major talks about would secretly LOVE a wolf whistle and whilst some genuinely don’t want male attention others are just upset they don’t get any at all.

Postby Vam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:Back in the (non-PC) days, it used to be laughed off as harmless. Nowadays, that BIB is probably best.

Yes, being rude and groping people at work also used to be considered harmless.

Hardly on the same level of harassment/abuse but, yes, that too.

I'm glad we live in more enlightened times. Aren't you? :smilin:
Vam

Postby Vam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 am

Holly wrote:I hate wolf whistles, especially when you realise they weren't meant for you but that gorgeous 18 year old walking next to you :gigglesnshit:

:pmsl:
Vam

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:15 am

Holly wrote:I hate wolf whistles, especially when you realise they weren't meant for you but that gorgeous 18 year old walking next to you :gigglesnshit:

Boom, boom!

Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms