Wolf Whistling

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Wolf Whistling

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:19 am

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:Men will be fined on the spot for wolf-whistling women on French streets, the country's women's minister has said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4vgj3EpfZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Where is the harm in wolf whistling.

I bet nice looking females love it really, it is the fat older scruffy old trouts who go out in there slippers who object cus no one whistles at them.

Whether it’s wolf whistling or those Beach Body ready ads or anything like that it’s always the ‘scruffy old trouts’ as you charmingly put it who object. Always.
I’m a little old to get whistled now but I’d never take offence and if people get offended, I suggest rather then moan, they get down the gym or make a bit of effort with how they look. A bit of lippy or putting a brush through their hair once in a while can make the world of difference. People are far too sensitive and quick to take offence at everything these days.

I want to be a scruffy old trout if it stops unwanted Pervy attention.

For me there’s a difference between a cheery or flattering wolf whistle and a creepy perv whistle or unwanted attention.

Why spoil the fun for the rest of us just because a small number of people are creeps. I think these old trouts Major talks about would secretly LOVE a wolf whistle and whilst some genuinely don’t want male attention others are just upset they don’t get any at all.

The creepy pervs don't understand that difference though.

I wouldn't mind one from him

Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:21 am

Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:Back in the (non-PC) days, it used to be laughed off as harmless. Nowadays, that BIB is probably best.

Yes, being rude and groping people at work also used to be considered harmless.

Hardly on the same level of harassment/abuse but, yes, that too.

I'm glad we live in more enlightened times. Aren't you? :smilin:

There's some progress but it's not fast enough for me.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:32 am

It'll be against the law to offend people soon.
What happens when I'm offended by you being offended?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Holly » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:32 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:I hate wolf whistles, especially when you realise they weren't meant for you but that gorgeous 18 year old walking next to you :gigglesnshit:

Boom, boom!

That's the one :pmsl:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:35 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:It'll be against the law to offend people soon.

...and forums will be dead in the water! :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:41 am

OMG I think I just heard a whistle coming from that building site!
Are you sure?
No.
Best phone the police to be on the safe side.
Should we be offended?
I'm not sure yet best let the police deal with it first.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Holly » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:47 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:OMG I think I just heard a whistle coming from that building site!
Are you sure?
No.
Should we be offended?

Yes, on a serious note, that's where we're heading. Call the cops, I was whistled at :roll: I mean come on, was/is it really such a bad thing that could happen to a woman? It's a whistle FGS...OK, obnoxious perhaps, but certainly not threatening when in a public place.
What next? HELP! ...a guy just held a door open for me, HELP a guy just smiled at me, Help a guy just asked me out....but hey, I only need help if I don't find the guy attractive, if he's a hunk, thank you, no help needed...Crazy world :ooer: what's a guys supposed to do other than be confused????
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:49 am

Holly wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:OMG I think I just heard a whistle coming from that building site!
Are you sure?
No.
Should we be offended?

Yes, on a serious note, that's where we're heading. Call the cops, I was whistled at :roll: I mean come on, was/is it really such a bad thing that could happen to a woman? It's a whistle FGS...OK, obnoxious perhaps, but certainly not threatening when in a public place.
What next? HELP! ...a guy just held a door open for me, HELP a guy just smiled at me, Help a guy just asked me out....but hey, I only need help if I don't find the guy attractive, if he's a hunk, thank you, no help needed...Crazy world :ooer: what's a guys supposed to do other than be confused????

Not whistle at strangers. It's not rocket science.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:50 am

Vam wrote:

Not while I have blood in my veins! :gigglesnshit:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:51 am

Are you sure?
No.
Should we be offended?

Doubt anyone will phone the police for just being whistled at.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Holly » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:54 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:
Are you sure?
No.
Should we be offended?

Like I said, perhaps obnoxious, I agree with that, but hardly a punishable crime. How about a bloke approaching a girl in a club by either smiling at her, asking her to dance, offer to buy her a drink etc...and say for instance the girl doesn't find the guy attractive...is that also harassment? How's a bloke supposed to meet a girl these days? How is the flirting supposed to happen?

In a club a girl can say no, thank you...on the street when whistled at, she can just ignore it and walk on....I really can't see what the big deal is tbh.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:55 am

Holly wrote:
Are you sure?
No.
Should we be offended?

The worrying thing is that some women do actually think like that. Just look at some of the threads on DS where anything a man does can be criticised or called sexist or like it’s the greatest crime on earth.

As a man and I am not kissing arse, I just wanted to say thank god there are still women like you around Holly. Normal women not this new breed of permanently offended flakes.

Postby Vam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:59 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Vam wrote:

Not while I have blood in my veins! :gigglesnshit:

:pmsl:

That's my girl! :Wiiiine!:
Vam

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:00 am

Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:
Are you sure?
No.
Should we be offended?

Like I said, perhaps obnoxious, I agree with that, but hardly a punishable crime. How about a bloke approaching a girl in a club by either smiling at her, asking her to dance, offer to buy her a drink etc...and say for instance the girl doesn't find the guy attractive...is that also harassment? How's a bloke supposed to meet a girl these days? How is the flirting supposed to happen?

In a club a girl can say no, thank you...on the street when whistled to, she can just ignore it and walk on....I really can't see what the big deal is tbh.

I don't think things will get to that extreme but if they do it won't last for long. Common sense will prevail.
Times have to change, we now know about all sorts of major abuses that have been overlooked in the past and although whistling isn't really abuse in itself it can be quite scarey for a girl/woman walking alone on the streets where she should be allowed to feel safe. It's the thin end of a sexist wedge.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:02 am

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:
Are you sure?
No.
Should we be offended?

The worrying thing is that some women do actually think like that. Just look at some of the threads on DS where anything a man does can be criticised or called sexist or like it’s the greatest crime on earth.

As a man and I am not kissing arse, I just wanted to say thank god there are still women like you around Holly. Normal women not this new breed of permanently offended flakes.

For you, normal women = women who agree with you.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms