Know anyone who has Lost Touch with Reality??

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Know anyone who has Lost Touch with Reality??

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Trapper John wrote:I was out with my youngest brother last week and we had a lunchtime meal in a Harvester. When the bill came up he said it was on him, though I tried to give him at least my half, he wouldn't have it.

Anyway, we'd been talking about the AA as we are both members and I told him we get a 20% discount in many restaurants including Harvester which he didn't know, so he redeemed it and I thought at least I'd contributed something, if not in actual cash.

I shouldn't have worried, in the car afterwards I asked him if the saving was worthwhile and he said yes, adding "shame I didn't get one the other night when we had a meal out"

He then tells me, he and his wife and another couple had a meal at a restaurant on the 'Embankment' the previous Sunday evening, the bill came to just over £700, he added that it was all really nice but he thought it was 'a bit steep.' :kinell:

Once I'd put my eyes back in my head and regained my power of speech, all that came out was an expletive. He went on that 'in hindsight' they should have ordered one of the 'set meals' at £115 per head because that included a bottle of wine with each course. I'd already guessed that the lions share of the bill would have been booze but nevertheless a £700 bill for four is not only way out of my league, I just couldn't justify it.

I think this brother of mine and his family have lost all touch with reality, on the Friday of this weekend I'm talking about, he'd already paid for a venue based 21st birthday party for one of his daughter's, bouncers extra.

Not only that, he'd taken delivery of a brand new £30,000 car a week earlier and on the Sunday of the meal, he'd driven up town and left it overnight in a suspended parking bay about 100 yards up the road from a big building site. :shake head:

Am I the only one to think they've lost their marbles, his family think it's normal behaviour which everyone does too? - maybe it is in the circles they move in now :dunno:

I suppose there might be a glimmer of hope for him, even what is left of the person he was still registered that a £700 meal for four was 'a bit steep' :roll:

PS. When I told my 89 year old Mum (in confidence of course) once it sunk in, the only thing she could say was "Well I think that is nothing short of obscene" ...... I have to agree.

I think that was a bit naughty of you telling your mum when you know what the reaction would be. I have a gossip with my gran around the same age but not to deliberately drop someone in it!

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I was out with my youngest brother last week and we had a lunchtime meal in a Harvester. When the bill came up he said it was on him, though I tried to give him at least my half, he wouldn't have it.

Anyway, we'd been talking about the AA as we are both members and I told him we get a 20% discount in many restaurants including Harvester which he didn't know, so he redeemed it and I thought at least I'd contributed something, if not in actual cash.

I shouldn't have worried, in the car afterwards I asked him if the saving was worthwhile and he said yes, adding "shame I didn't get one the other night when we had a meal out"

He then tells me, he and his wife and another couple had a meal at a restaurant on the 'Embankment' the previous Sunday evening, the bill came to just over £700, he added that it was all really nice but he thought it was 'a bit steep.' :kinell:

Once I'd put my eyes back in my head and regained my power of speech, all that came out was an expletive. He went on that 'in hindsight' they should have ordered one of the 'set meals' at £115 per head because that included a bottle of wine with each course. I'd already guessed that the lions share of the bill would have been booze but nevertheless a £700 bill for four is not only way out of my league, I just couldn't justify it.

I think this brother of mine and his family have lost all touch with reality, on the Friday of this weekend I'm talking about, he'd already paid for a venue based 21st birthday party for one of his daughter's, bouncers extra.

Not only that, he'd taken delivery of a brand new £30,000 car a week earlier and on the Sunday of the meal, he'd driven up town and left it overnight in a suspended parking bay about 100 yards up the road from a big building site. :shake head:

Am I the only one to think they've lost their marbles, his family think it's normal behaviour which everyone does too? - maybe it is in the circles they move in now :dunno:

I suppose there might be a glimmer of hope for him, even what is left of the person he was still registered that a £700 meal for four was 'a bit steep' :roll:

PS. When I told my 89 year old Mum (in confidence of course) once it sunk in, the only thing she could say was "Well I think that is nothing short of obscene" ...... I have to agree.

I think that was a bit naughty of you telling your mum when you know what the reaction would be. I have a gossip with my gran around the same age but not to deliberately drop someone in it!

I was thinking along those lines and then it made sense ... leave it all to me granny he's already got too much.
Do you know how much he spends eating out ......
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:

I was thinking along those lines and then it made sense ... leave it all to me granny he's already got too much.
Do you know how much he spends eating out ......

I wouldn't have thought that of Tj. But more to get in the good books definitely.

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:05 pm

didnt he say he bought a a new mercedes just awhile back....
:dunno:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Holly » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:16 pm

McAz wrote:I have seen gov't officials spend more on lunch than some people get in a month. Their reality is just fine - it is yours you should be questioning.

Ahhh but gov't officials don't spend their own money, they spend YOURS :grub:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vicky » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:34 am

Guest wrote:

£700+ meals?
Restaurant on the Embankment?
Eating out on a Sunday evening?

Go on, admit it TJ - your brother is Jean-Francois!

I read a post of Jean-François once and he said "If you need to check the prices on the menu, you shouldn't be going into the restaurant"
Vicky

Postby Punk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:I have seen gov't officials spend more on lunch than some people get in a month. Their reality is just fine - it is yours you should be questioning.

Ahhh but gov't officials don't spend their own money, they spend YOURS :grub:

The Queen's money.

I promise to pay the brearer...

I did this was a thread about knowing someone who either voted Tory or Brexit.

:header:
Punk

Postby Trapper John » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:50 am

Big Fat Frosty wrote:didnt he say he bought a a new mercedes just awhile back....
:dunno:

It was secondhand, anyway great a car as it is, everytime it goes into the garage for anything, it starts at £500. I think thats the only figure the bloke knows how to say.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:30 pm

I come from a council estate, I grew up poor as in other kids always seemed to have better clothes better toys. But we were fed and watered.
I learnt my trade and made good money, while my work mates went to the pub I'd either work late or do side jobs and save my cash to buy extra tools to do the work. 15 YEARS AGO I sit up my own contracting business and started my first job, I reinvested the profits and did a 2nd then 3rd contract. Then I started buying property and fixing it up and selling it my self. I did a real estate course and got my License. And started selling my onw properties.
I'm now worth a lot of money. I get a new car every year, I own some expensive watches, and have holiday homes around the world(that we seldom visit nowadays) Preferring to stay in Hotels. Our Families use them for their summer Holidays If we don't invite to come with us.
I enjoy eating out and love a good steak. For which I'm willing to pay. So spending a Thousand on a meal out is not a lot, and being able to buy a good wine to go with the steak and not worry about the cost is a pleasure.
I've been at the other end eating pot noodles in the dark because it was a choice between eating or electricity.
I never feel guilty about having money or spending it
I read Vams posts and think bullshit, I often want to ask her if she ever wanted to house swap for the summer. But I really don't want to summer in Spain.

Postby Vicky » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:21 pm

Guest wrote:I come from a council estate, I grew up poor as in other kids always seemed to have better clothes better toys. But we were fed and watered.
I learnt my trade and made good money, while my work mates went to the pub I'd either work late or do side jobs and save my cash to buy extra tools to do the work. 15 YEARS AGO I sit up my own contracting business and started my first job, I reinvested the profits and did a 2nd then 3rd contract. Then I started buying property and fixing it up and selling it my self. I did a real estate course and got my License. And started selling my onw properties.
I'm now worth a lot of money. I get a new car every year, I own some expensive watches, and have holiday homes around the world(that we seldom visit nowadays) Preferring to stay in Hotels. Our Families use them for their summer Holidays If we don't invite to come with us.
I enjoy eating out and love a good steak. For which I'm willing to pay. So spending a Thousand on a meal out is not a lot, and being able to buy a good wine to go with the steak and not worry about the cost is a pleasure.
I've been at the other end eating pot noodles in the dark because it was a choice between eating or electricity.
I read Vams posts and think bullshit, I often want to ask her if she ever wanted to house swap for the summer. But I really don't want to summer in Spain.

How did you get the boiling water for the pot noodles, if you had no electricity?
Vicky

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Guest wrote:I come from a council estate, I grew up poor as in other kids always seemed to have better clothes better toys. But we were fed and watered.

:shell:

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Vicky wrote:

How did you get the boiling water for the pot noodles, if you had no electricity?

:pmsl: That really did make me laugh!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Vicky wrote:

Boiling the water on the stove in a pan.

I remember as a young boy, my Nan didn’t have a toaster so we would put a fork through the top of the bread and hook it on the front grill of the fire in the living room to make toast!
Dean

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Dean wrote:
Vicky wrote:

I remember as a young boy, my Nan didn’t have a toaster so we would put a fork through the top of the bread and hook it on the front grill of the fire in the living room to make toast!

Hello Dean, been along time hope you are well and good to see you back. I hope you hang around for a bit as it's quite boring with nothing but all the ds bullshit.
Have you heard from NAA at all?
Another poster that's missed on these forums. It would be great if she dropped by once in a while.

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Dean wrote:
Vicky wrote:

Hello Dean, been along time hope you are well and good to see you back. I hope you hang around for a bit as it's quite boring with nothing but all the ds bullshit.
Have you heard from NAA at all?
Another poster that's missed on these forums. It would be great if she dropped by once in a while.

Hi... no I haven’t had any contact with her. No idea what she is up to, hopefully she’s doing well and prospering...
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms