To All My Friends On Dogs

A right load of bollocks...

To All My Friends On Dogs

Postby Major » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:53 pm

I know you will be happy for me.

I have several.

Only one do I make money on, the rest cost me quite a bit.

My money maker is collecting NICE LOOKING pottery made in UK mostly but some from outside of our island.

3 /4 times a year I give it to a pal of mine who ships mine and others who collect for him to USA and then he receives payment and I, we get our share, works well. the Shermans love it.

If I find a piece which I suspect is worth a decent amount I get it checked out and send it to London for auction.

2 years ago I bought two paintings because I liked them in Norwich and they fetched a few shillings

Gambling really.

Wish me luck cus it is mostly.
Major
Twat.

Re: To All My Friends On Dogs

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Major Starbold wrote:I know you will be happy for me.

I have several.

My money maker is collecting NICE LOOKING pottery made in UK mostly but some from outside of our island.

3 /4 times a year I give it to a pal of mine who ships mine and others who collect for him to USA and then he receives payment and I, we get our share, works well. the Shermans love it.

If I find a piece which I suspect is worth a decent amount I get it checked out and send it to London for auction.

2 years ago I bought two paintings because I liked them in Norwich and they fetched a few shillings

Gambling really.

would you have liked the paintings if they weren't in norwich?

Postby Major » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Guest wrote:

I have several.

Gambling really.

Stop trolling, derailing posts for your own weird pleasure and discuss the topic in the spirit of the forum.

Maybe some non trolls would like to tell of their hobbies????
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Major Starbold wrote:
Guest wrote:

I have several.

Gambling really.

Stop trolling, derailing posts for your own weird pleasure and discuss the topic in the spirit of the forum.

i am discussing it in the spirit of the forum. you said you bought the paintings because you liked them in norwich. it's reasonable to ask if you would have liked them somewhere else, milton keynes say, or coventry.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Seem to have spent most of my life buying and selling stuff.
Auctions in the city and farmers auctions too sometimes at the farmhouse involved and they're the best sometimes town and city auctions.
In the seventies I used to buy bankrupt stock almost weekly in the middle of Manchester.
For some reason I never got to a police auction.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Seem to have spent most of my life buying and selling stuff.
Auctions in the city and farmers auctions too sometimes at the farmhouse involved and they're the best sometimes town and city auctions.
In the seventies I used to buy bankrupt stock almost weekly in the middle of Manchester.

The last actual farmers auction I attended I bought 8 bags of onions in error, mind you, they were cheap enough to give away.

In the middle 90sI bought a combine harvester for the engine, the local scrappy took it out and delivered it to my old man, his payment was the rest in scrap, we were both happy.
Major
Twat.

Postby Major » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Guest wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:
Guest wrote:

I have several.

Gambling really.

i am discussing it in the spirit of the forum. you said you bought the paintings because you liked them in norwich. it's reasonable to ask if you would have liked them somewhere else, milton keynes say, or coventry.

Stop being so silly and picky, this could have been a good thread if you behaved like an adult
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Major Starbold wrote:
Guest wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:
Guest wrote:

I have several.

Gambling really.

Stop being so silly and picky, this could have been a good thread if you behaved like an adult

it could have been a belter if you'd used english in the first place.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Major Starbold wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Seem to have spent most of my life buying and selling stuff.

The last actual farmers auction I attended I bought 8 bags of onions in error, mind you, they were cheap enough to give away.

In the middle 90s I bought a combine harvester for the engine, the local scrappy took it out and delivered it to my old man, his payment was the rest in scrap, we were both happy.

I've had a couple of tractors many years ago.
Both Fordsons.
One of them ran on paraffin and could take hours to start up ... with a crank handle.
Had nice clocks stoves log burners architectural fittings.
Got an old horse drawn single blade plough forty years ago for a couple of quid.
Cleaned it up painted it and sold it to a bloke who wanted it for a garden ornament.
Didn't make much on it but drove past it for 35 years and every year he seemed to touch up the paintwork.
His pride and joy and then one day it wasn't there.
First thought was it had been nicked.
I turned round as I just had to go knock on the door and ask.
Turns out the guy had died and his son was now living there with his kids and had moved it to the back garden because they are now more sought after and therefore more nickable.
I was made up to see the plough he was made up that I'd called and gave me a bottle of home made damson wine.
Very nice place in Wilmslow now with a huge rockery where the plough sat for so long.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Markey mark » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 pm

I have several.

Gambling really.

I genuinely wish you luck major , little bit of pocket pocket money is nice to have , I often buy or find items and sale them on , don’t make massively lot of money , but as long I making few bob I’m happy , did found a picture of a church scene , near some recycle bins , I toke the picture home and put it on eBay , got £40 , bit more Dough in my pocket
Markey mark

Postby Markey mark » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:28 pm

I never been to a police auction , but been told you can get real good items , about eight months ago for the first time brought some engineering iterms from bankrupt stock , really good buys ,
Markey mark

Postby Major » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:32 pm

I enjoyed that post Rolly.

To virtually SAVE something from the scrapheap is good IMO.

You can put hours and hours and cash into restoration and not make a monetary profit but the self satisfaction is worth more than money.

I will not mention family individuals but one of us has an old grey Massey tractor now restored but its pulling power is not very good.

A few weeks back a friend bought the same type tractor to restore.
He has reccently completed a old Land Rover Safari and has actually made a good profit if you do not count the hours put into it.
Major
Twat.

Postby Major » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Markey mark wrote:

I have several.

Gambling really.

I genuinely wish you luck major , little bit of pocket pocket money is nice to have , I often buy or find items and sale them on , don’t make massively lot of money , but as long I making few bob I’m happy , did found a picture of a church scene , near some recycle bins , I toke the picture home and put it on eBay , got £40 , bit more Dough in my pocket

Its not always the dosh Markey, the satisfaction and getting a little bonus sorta cheers you up.

Nice find at the bins.
Major
Twat.

Postby Markey mark » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Major Starbold wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

I have several.

Gambling really.

Its not always the dosh Markey, the satisfaction and getting a little bonus sorta cheers you up.

Nice find at the bins.

My Nan was always looking at church jumble sales were she lived , going back donkey years ago she brought a black wedgewood sent burner , think she paid pennies for it , I have it now , just for interest I sent a picture of it to christies , turned out it’s one off a pair Josiah wedgewood made ,he only made one pair I have one and the other is in Victoria and Albert museum ,
Markey mark

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:42 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

I have several.

Gambling really.

Nice find at the bins.

My Nan was always looking at church jumble sales were she lived , going back donkey years ago she brought a black wedgewood sent burner , think she paid pennies for it , I have it now , just for interest I sent a picture of it to christies , turned out it’s one off a pair Josiah wedgewood made ,he only made one pair I have one and the other is in Victoria and Albert museum ,

is this your nan on your murdered ma's side, or your wife killing dad's?

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms