Blue Planet 2

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Blue Planet 2

Postby Aaron_Silver » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:31 am

Cenobite wrote:
Aaron_Silver wrote:
Cenobite wrote:I hope people are still watching this.

So far it is the best wildlife series that I have ever seen - and against the rest of the Natural History Unit's legendary output that is really saying something. :cuppaT:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04tjbtx

'Bobbit' worms (Eunice aphroditois) can in fact reach over three metres long - imagine being a fish near those buggers. :paranoid:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05mg8j9

Also the latest episode with the Pilot whale mother carrying around her dead baby was simply heartbreaking. :shake head:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05n77yp

I watch everything David does, a true legend. This series is indeed fantastic and one of his best. :cuppaT:

Back online after having to sort something out and just saw your post Aaron. :Hiya:

Civilization, the Ascent of Man, The Old Grey Whistle Test, Pot Black (responsible along with Alex for putting snooker on the map), Monty Python's Flying Circus (sheer genius), Man Alive, Call my Bluff, The Money Programme etc - all commissioned by the David long before Life on Earth.

People forget that now.

What a legend the man really is. :cuppaT:

Oh I hadn't forgotten, he brought colour to snooker :wubbers:

I am not into science in the same way as you, but I love my history, so I know plenty about this man :smilin:
Aaron_Silver

Postby Nucks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:01 am

Cenobite wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:My cat was absolutely mesmerised by all the birds squawking and flying about in episode 1. :gigglesnshit:

What did it think of the all the fish? :laughing:

Not much, probably as she’s never seen a real fish. She sometimes talks to the birds when she’s watching them in our garden. :woteva: :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Text » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:55 pm

Planet is such an apt name for the title as it's another world altogether, a very mysterious one. Plus some of the creatures look truly alien, ET style. Beautiful.
Text

Postby Keyser » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Canary wrote:Planet is such an apt name for the title as it's another world altogether, a very mysterious one. Plus some of the creatures look truly alien, ET style. Beautiful.

Not seen the latest episode yet although if you ever read my science thread I often post on some of the weird and wonderful creatures that inhabit the oceans. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Text » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:01 pm

I will check it out, thanks Cen! :thumbsup:
Text

Postby Keyser » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Canary wrote:I will check it out, thanks Cen! :thumbsup:

:cuppaT:
Keyser

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms