The Strange, Weird & Wonderful Thread

A right load of bollocks...

The Strange, Weird & Wonderful Thread

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Like it says on the label

I wondered if there would be any mileage in a thread like this, then I dreamed last night and in it a voice said "Build me a Strange, Weird & Wonderful thread and they will come"

It was either God or the Devil so it's wise not to upset either, so get posting - the destination of my eternal soul might depend on it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: The Strange, Weird & Wonderful Thread

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:04 pm

I suppose I better start the ball rolling.

This is a little personal one, happened years ago but I still find it odd when I think about it.

This was about 15 years ago, both my mum and dad were ill with bad colds and couldn't get out. While I was visiting my dad asked if I would pop to the cash machine and get some cash out for them.

We both banked with the same bank so I knew where there was a machine. My dad always liked to use the same one, I think he believed they still charged you if you used another bank's machine.

Anyway I asked for his PIN and was astounded to find his number was exactly the same as mine except for the last digit being the next up from mine, for example his being 4321 and mine being 4322.

I asked him how long he'd had the number and like me he'd had it since his first debit card, changed it the first time and kept the same number since. Neither of us had any reason to ask or know each others numbers in the past and they had no significance to either of us, they were both just a totally random number choice.

Maybe it's just me but I find that quite weird :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:44 pm

last night i was chatting up 13 from house
and i saw my ex wife in the bar mirror behind 13
she said i have to find this guy called tenkill razor
i woke in a pool of sweat
i dont usually remember my dreams
but this stuck
:off head: :dunno:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:47 pm

Trapper John wrote:I suppose I better start the ball rolling.

This is a little personal one, happened years ago but I still find it odd when I think about it.

This was about 15 years ago, both my mum and dad were ill with bad colds and couldn't get out. While I was visiting my dad asked if I would pop to the cash machine and get some cash out for them.

We both banked with the same bank so I knew where there was a machine. My dad always liked to use the same one, I think he believed they still charged you if you used another bank's machine.

Anyway I asked for his PIN and was astounded to find his number was exactly the same as mine except for the last digit being the next up from mine, for example his being 4321 and mine being 4322.

I asked him how long he'd had the number and like me he'd had it since his first debit card, changed it the first time and kept the same number since. Neither of us had any reason to ask or know each others numbers in the past and they had no significance to either of us, they were both just a totally random number choice.

Maybe it's just me but I find that quite weird :dunno:

My dbs check had my grans telephone number in the reference. It also comes up in door codes at work.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Oh a decent thread! :thumbsup:

When I was 4 months pregnant with my first child, bearing in mind I didn't want to know the sex of the baby until it was born, I had a dream of my sons face, I was convinced I was having a girl all along so dismissed the dream but on the day he was born it was him, the baby boy in my dream.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Keyser » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:02 pm

A wonderful idea for a thread TJ. :cuppaT:

But I am afraid apart from certain sleep paralysis Hypnagogic dreams/hallucinations (which could be termed by some as 'weird') nothing unusual has ever happened to me.

Perhaps when this thread has a few more posts it could be expanded to include few of the latest weird and wonderful scientific stories could be included here as well? :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Nucks » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 pm

I was watching the original Bladerunner film on the weekend, and when Darryl Hannah came on screen, my husband made a joke about her having a bloke’s name, and I said that’s Darryl and her other brother Darrell. It was a reference to a show from the 80’s called Newhart, and a little fella named Larry introduces himself and his brothers to (Bob) Newhart by saying, “hi, I’m Larry, this is my brother Darrell, and this is my other brother Darrell.” They're a bit like hillbillies I suppose. Anyway, not 2 minutes later, the actor who played Larry pops up in the film. :gigglesnshit: It’s been about 10 years since I watched the film and I honestly had no memory of this guy being in it. His name is William Sanderson.
Nucks

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Trapper John wrote:Like it says on the label

I wondered if there would be any mileage in a thread like this, then I dreamed last night and in it a voice said "Build me a Strange, Weird & Wonderful thread and they will come"

It was either God or the Devil so it's wise not to upset either, so get posting - the destination of my eternal soul might depend on it.

*resists*
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:47 pm

maybe we shoulda had this thread from the start...
if youve made it to sleeping dogs
your already far from home...
:awesome:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Trapper John wrote:Like it says on the label

Well. I don't believe in either the god or the devil. So IMV I think your soul is pretty safe.

I have had a lot of dreams where I can jump really high. And I often do jump really high while thinking, this is what I dream I can do, yet here I am really doing it. I keep thinking I am awake when I jump really high. It seems so real

Postby Keyser » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Keyser

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:maybe we shoulda had this thread from the start...

Lol lets call it the Bitcoin... the thing you think is real but you've fuck all chance of getting your hands on it thread

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Guest wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:maybe we shoulda had this thread from the start...

Lol lets call it the Bitcoin... the thing you think is real but you've fuck all chance of getting your hands on it thread

bit over there head....
how about
a seething pit of narcissism and truth
Big Fat Frosty

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms