If You've Done Nothing Wrong, You have Nothing To Fear

A right load of bollocks...

Re: If You've Done Nothing Wrong, You have Nothing To Fear

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:26 pm

Investigatory Powers Bill:

the government included a section in the new law that actually criminalises “unauthorized disclosures” of any information relating to its new surveillance orders. This has been designed to stop whistleblowers or leakers from coming forward and revealing wrongdoing by our own government, police and security services. Punishment for breaches is a prison sentence of up to 12 months, a fine, or both. How’s that for democracy. Prison for revealing that the British government is breaking it’s own laws!

What you also don’t know is that these laws give the government powers to surveil journalists in complete secrecy. Contacts and sources are no longer protected. The MP’s expenses scandal would never have come to light under these laws. Journalists and their anonymous sources who broke this story would be behind bars, careers and lives ruined. That’s what this government, under Theresa May wants, to stop stories about the antics of politicians and bankers, offshore tax havens and other scandals negatively affecting a population who just voted against the establishment under the guise of Brexit.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/britains- ... sm/5558829
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:27 pm

LordRaven wrote:The times are a changing, and I guess it’s because of internal security issues with the powers that be needing to monitor the men/women of evil who live amongst us but wish us harm.
Best of luck to them, they’ll need it given the amount of people they are trying to monitor.

I thought you would have been a defender of democracy.
Seems you support the terrorists taking away our freedom.
Terrorists win.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Fletch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:28 pm

Stooo wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Top Spying Experts Explain Why You Should Oppose Spying … Even Though You’ve Done Nothing Wrong

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/06/ ... e-you.html

Bill Binney is a legend, deserves to be listened to.

Facial Recognition Is Getting Incredibly Powerful—and Ever More Controversial

A camera trained at your face can reveal an awful lot about you. We’ve written a lot recently about how facial recognition software has reached an incredibly high standard in the last couple of years. So high, in fact, that the technology is robust enough to be used across China to authorize payments and catch trains.

https://www.technologyreview.com/the-do ... roversial/

Yeah, it works so well on the latest iPhones.

There is a suspicion it's to get every users face on record rather than security, maybe anyone else who tries to unlock it? Databases don't build themselves. That it's so spectacularly useless reinforces that suspicion. I don't know but putting it out there as a possibility.
Fletch

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:39 pm

How do you stop someone killing people?
Make them carry an identity card ..........
That's called security?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Fletch wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Top Spying Experts Explain Why You Should Oppose Spying … Even Though You’ve Done Nothing Wrong

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/06/ ... e-you.html

Bill Binney is a legend, deserves to be listened to.

Facial Recognition Is Getting Incredibly Powerful—and Ever More Controversial

A camera trained at your face can reveal an awful lot about you. We’ve written a lot recently about how facial recognition software has reached an incredibly high standard in the last couple of years. So high, in fact, that the technology is robust enough to be used across China to authorize payments and catch trains.

https://www.technologyreview.com/the-do ... roversial/

Yeah, it works so well on the latest iPhones.

There is a suspicion it's to get every users face on record rather than security, maybe anyone else who tries to unlock it? Databases don't build themselves. That it's so spectacularly useless reinforces that suspicion. I don't know but putting it out there as a possibility.

The tech is 'emerging' Fletch, it's actually pretty shit at the moment.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Fletch wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I had to check the dates on the posts then!
Welcome back Fletch and Lordy.
I haven't done anything wrong but I don't want to be the property of the men in suits thank you.
Electoral register was indeed so the banks and other financial concerns could keep track of you.

Hi Jack, good to see you around mate. :more beer:

We all turned up for Stooo's birthday :canny:

On a thread where security and terrorism are being discussed, probably best not to say ‘hi jack’. :ooer:
Nucks

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:00 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
Fletch wrote:
I haven't done anything wrong but I don't want to be the property of the men in suits thank you.
Electoral register was indeed so the banks and other financial concerns could keep track of you.

On a thread where security and terrorism are being discussed, probably best not to say ‘hi jack’. :ooer:

:pmsl: To late we're all on the red list now!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:09 pm

I’m actually pretty impressed with the iPhone facial recognition for unlocking and payments and everything. Mine only ‘works’ if I’m actually looking at my phone. If my face is pointing at the phone but my eyes are on the tv, it won’t unlock. But as soon as I look at the phone it realises and unlocks instantly. Works in the pitch blackness of my room too, which I’m not gunna fib, quite amazed me :gigglesnshit:
It’s only a second slower than the fingerprint unlock. I wasn’t expecting it to be so good.

Oh and the Animoji thing is pretty awesome too. Even Botox can’t fool it.
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
Fletch wrote:

RL >>> :pmsl:

@ Nic...are you on about the iPhone X?
Vam

Postby Fletch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:17 pm

NastyNickers wrote:I’m actually pretty impressed with the iPhone facial recognition for unlocking and payments and everything. Mine only ‘works’ if I’m actually looking at my phone. If my face is pointing at the phone but my eyes are on the tv, it won’t unlock. But as soon as I look at the phone it realises and unlocks instantly. Works in the pitch blackness of my room too, which I’m not gunna fib, quite amazed me :gigglesnshit:
It’s only a second slower than the fingerprint unlock. I wasn’t expecting it to be so good.

Oh and the Animoji thing is pretty awesome too. Even Botox can’t fool it.

:ooer:

I'll let you in to a secret. I still don't have a smart phone :canny:
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
Fletch wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fletch

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:39 pm

Yeah, the iPhone X Vam. I don’t know how I ever used a home button now :snooty: :gigglesnshit:

I couldn’t live without my smartphone, Fletch. It’s pretty much attached to my hand. I’m such a fucking sucker for a good bit of marketing too. :shake head:
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:40 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Yeah, the iPhone X Vam. I don’t know how I ever used a home button now :snooty: :gigglesnshit:

I couldn’t live without my smartphone, Fletch. It’s pretty much attached to my hand. I’m such a fucking sucker for a good bit of marketing too. :shake head:

Picking mine up this week :canny: Can't wait to have a play with the face recognition stuff.
Vam

Postby jp761 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:43 pm

iPhone X.. we have some big hitters in the house. Classy.

Is it worth a grand.. Apparently it is.
jp761

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:23 pm

Vam wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:Yeah, the iPhone X Vam. I don’t know how I ever used a home button now :snooty: :gigglesnshit:

Picking mine up this week :canny: Can't wait to have a play with the face recognition stuff.

It’s the no home button that I like the most. So much screen, and I quite like the swiping up. I also like being able to unlock my phone without wiping my fingers clean.

JP, There’s nothing fancy about a contract phone through work. Im on yearly upgrade so take full advantage and upgrade every year.
NastyNickers

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms