Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:37 am

This window has been the first opportunity Sven Mislantat has had to begin to prove his worth for Arsenal FC.

Almost the moment the window opened, Arsenal signed a young Greek unknown youngster and defender, Konstantinos Mavropanus, who Mislantat had already identified before leaving Dortmund. He is also rumoured to have been heavily involved in the moves for both Aubamyang and Mkhitaryan as both players know and highly respect him.

Mislantat spent 10 years at Dortmund and transformed an 'also ran' in the Bundesliga into a powerhouse of European football with his identification of players leading to the signings of the likes of Robert Lewandowski, Mats Hummels, Shinji Kagawa, Moussa Dembele and Aubamyang, amongst the many others.

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said that Mislantat's impact on his club had been immeasurable and his tireless work on it's behalf over ten years had been tremendous which was why when he approached him (Zorc) saying that he'd had a once in a lifetime and extraordinary offer from Arsenal, they decided with a heavy heart they would not stand in his way.

As a measure of how well thought of Mislantat was at Dortmund, there was a clash of personalities between the then manager Thomas Tuchel and Mislantat which culminated in angry exchanges between the pair over the signing of a player who Mislantat had scouted and worked hard over months to bring to fruition, only to have Tuchel veto the move.

Both men were suspended by the club whilst the board decided what action to take, the unanimous decision was that Tuchel had to go. Zorc said "managers come and go, true talents in their field are very much harder to replace."

I have great optimism for the future of Arsenal, we are coming to the end of an era under a great manager but one who has sadly lost his way in recent times but it appears the board are ready and prepared to move into the next great era of one of the world's finest clubs.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:33 am

Did anyone see the horrific leg break of Everton's James McCarthy? broken in two places, ouch! He took a full boot from WBA's Solomon Rondon by complete accident whilst challenging for the ball.

There was a time when you'd get the whole nine yards on TV, leg flapping helplessly in the wind that sort of thing, not these days though, a very un PC thing to do that now.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:45 am

No wonder Sky in particular are showing more Championship games live on TV, with other broadcasters showing highlights, I hadn't realised just what a huge following it had. I knew it had a strong, loyal fan base but figures released by UEFA show by just how much.

The Premier league has the highest attendence figures with just over 13.5 million over the course of a season, followed by the German Bundesliga coming in at just under a million less at 12.7

The Championship however is now 3rd with just over 11 million beating the Spanish la liga, Italy's Serie A and France's Ligue 1 by a considerable margin, in the several millions more. :yikes:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 am

Trapper John wrote:Did anyone see the horrific leg break of Everton's James McCarthy? broken in two places, ouch! He took a full boot from WBA's Solomon Rondon by complete accident whilst challenging for the ball.

There was a time when you'd get the whole nine yards on TV, leg flapping helplessly in the wind that sort of thing, not these days though, a very un PC thing to do that now.

No i just saw a picture of him being carried off.

I can remember Henrik Larrson breaking his leg, it made me feel sick.

It snapped in two places.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Did anyone see the horrific leg break of Everton's James McCarthy? broken in two places, ouch! He took a full boot from WBA's Solomon Rondon by complete accident whilst challenging for the ball.

Yes I remember that. The most graphic I think on TV was Djibril Cisse at Liverpool at the time I think, broke his in full flight, it flopped about all over the place before he hit the ground. Yuk!
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:

Yes I remember that. The most graphic I think on TV was Djibril Cisse at Liverpool at the time I think, broke his in full flight, it flopped about all over the place before he hit the ground. Yuk!

The worst one i ever saw was in England, it was years ago.

I think the goalkeeper nearest the player was actually sick when he saw what had happened.

Here's some of the worst here..

https://www.express.co.uk/pictures/sport/7015/worst-leg-breaks-injury-football-sportgalleries

A couple of pictures from Arsenal games there and Larrson getting carried off.
Vicky

Postby Red Okktober » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Vicks wrote:The worst one i ever saw was in England, it was years ago.

I think the goalkeeper nearest the player was actually sick when he saw what had happened.

https://www.express.co.uk/pictures/sport/7015/worst-leg-breaks-injury-football-sportgalleries

I think it might of been when David Busst broke his leg and Schmeichel was in goal. You don't see the break in this clip, so not too graphic.

There was a very bad one once, it could have been the same one, where there blood all over the 6 yard box, so the groundsman came out with a bucket of sawdust.

Red Okktober

Postby Vicky » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:58 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Vicks wrote:The worst one i ever saw was in England, it was years ago.

I think it might of been when David Busst broke his leg and Schmeichel was in goal. You don't see the break in this clip, so not too graphic.

There was a very bad one once, it could have been the same one, where there blood all over the 6 yard box, so the groundsman came out with a bucket of sawdust.

Aye David Busst was the tackle, I was thinking of Reds.

Schmeichel didn't waste any time throwing the ball out so he could get treatment.

The worst one I've ever seen in Scotland was Neil Simpson's tackle on Ian Durrant.

Durrantys leg was swinging about as the Rangers physio carried him off the pitch.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Michael O'Neill has turned down the job of becoming the next Scotland manager.

That's a slap in the face to the SFA who had put together their biggest ever managerial financial package.

So who will take over now?

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:03 pm

Ronaldo borrowed the Real Madrid's club doctors phone to check his coupon after he was kicked in the head.

As people laughed, Ronaldo shock his head when he saw the blood.

He must be the vainest man in the world!!
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:47 pm

Hiya Vicks...God you would think it was the end of the world for spurs if you read some of TJ's comments. All because we have DRAWN, not lost but drawn a game away from home. We have a great team. Yes it looks like the Barca break was a mistake as the performance was sluggish and a virus seems to have been picked up, which left us without Eriksen and Hugo, but it's happened so we will have to deal with it. Spurs have 9 days until Utd and should have Alderweireld, Rose, Eriksen and Winks back for that one and the fixtures after. We have lost 1 league game at Wembley this season and that was last minute. We are more than capable of beating Utd and Arsenal. There are 14 games left not 4.
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Sunny wrote:Hiya Vicks...God you would think it was the end of the world for spurs if you read some of TJ's comments. All because we have DRAWN, not lost but drawn a game away from home. We have a great team. Yes it looks like the Barca break was a mistake as the performance was sluggish and a virus seems to have been picked up, which left us without Eriksen and Hugo, but it's happened so we will have to deal with it. Spurs have 9 days until Utd and should have Alderweireld, Rose, Eriksen and Winks back for that one and the fixtures after. We have lost 1 league game at Wembley this season and that was last minute. We are more than capable of beating Utd and Arsenal. There are 14 games left not 4.

Ooooooo get you. :gigglesnshit:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:27 pm

I saw a headline which read 'Sanchez & Mkhitaryan arrive at Immigration Office to secure Work....' I thought it was a fucking joke, one of those spoof reports - but its not. :yikes:

The story carries on ....Permits'. Apparently both need to renew their work permits before they can play for their new clubs, it's what has held up the announcements of the moves. They both attended Liverpool Immigration Office today, acquiring the permits appears to be a formality.

You'd think that two huge International businesses like Man Utd & Arsenal would have sorted that out before now wouldn't you? I think it's bloody embarrassing to be frank and quite honestly it's made both the clubs look like a bunch of amateurs. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 am

Sunny wrote:Hiya Vicks...God you would think it was the end of the world for spurs if you read some of TJ's comments. All because we have DRAWN, not lost but drawn a game away from home. We have a great team. Yes it looks like the Barca break was a mistake as the performance was sluggish and a virus seems to have been picked up, which left us without Eriksen and Hugo, but it's happened so we will have to deal with it. Spurs have 9 days until Utd and should have Alderweireld, Rose, Eriksen and Winks back for that one and the fixtures after. We have lost 1 league game at Wembley this season and that was last minute. We are more than capable of beating Utd and Arsenal. There are 14 games left not 4.

Hi Suns.

:Hiya:

To hear TJ talking, you would think the league finished this weekend.

There's still plenty of games to go and I'm confident Spurs will bounce back against Man United and get all three points.

Anyway considering the recent event at Arsenal, you would think he would be better concentrating on his own team.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:11 am

A3B35FF720584CCA84FA556F391362F8.jpg

So Alexis Sanchez has joined Man Utd.

If i was an Arsenal fan, i would be glad to see the back of him

"I'm pleased to have joined the biggest football club in the world"

He probably said the same when he signed for Arsenal.
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive