Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Postby Vicky » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:36 pm

When is your Birthday Sam?

So we can start birthday thread and people can wish you a happy birthday.

:burfday:
Vicky

Postby samthefootball » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Its on the 6th of November so still a while to go. But I got some money from my father that I asked to so I went to book the tickets for the Strictly tour.
samthefootball

Postby Vicky » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:12 pm

samthefootball wrote:Its on the 6th of November so still a while to go. But I got some money from my father that I asked to so I went to book the tickets for the Strictly tour.

Nice one Sam, you'll enjoy yourself.

Still ages to go until my birthday as well.

September my birthday is.

So I'm a Virgo and you're a Scorpion.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Arsenal are 4-0 up after 22 minutes.

I hope they don't humiliate Crystal Palace.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:59 pm

I think Crystal Palace are TJ's home team, but he opted for Arsenal.

He won't like to see a high scoreline...

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:23 am

Spurs are off to Southampton today!!

Hugo Lloris is suffering from a virus and will face a late fitness test.

Toby Alderweireld is close to a return but Harry Winks and Danny Rose remain out.

Poch is returning to his former club, five years to the exact week, he was appointed Spurs manager.

Poch will be hoping Spurs good run of form continues.

Spurs have picked up 13 points from the last 15 and scored 15 goals in the process.

Southampton haven't had a victory in their last 10 games.

Their worse run of form in 10 years.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:29 am

Spurs will have no trouble beating Southampton.

I was looking forward to Rangers putting at least 10 goals past Fraserborugh today, but the Broch's pitch is frozen.

This is what happens, when you play wee diddy teams from teuchter land.

"Do ye ken whit a mean?"

No I don't and say KNOW like everybody else.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:05 am

Vicks wrote:Arsenal are 4-0 up after 22 minutes.

There was never any fear of that, when they go that far ahead so early in a game they just think it's job done and what's for tea tonight.

I really don't think any of them understand the concept of 'goal difference.' :shake head:

Was gutted actually. I was caught up in other things yesterday and as it wasn't on Sky so I forgot completely about the game until 3:40pm so quickly tried to find a stream. When I found one we'd already scored the 4 goals I was livid because I knew that would be it and it was.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:13 am

Trapper John wrote:

There was never any fear of that, when they go that far ahead so early in a game they just think it's job done and what's for tea tonight.

I really don't think any of them understand the concept of 'goal difference.' :shake head:

Was gutted actually. I was caught up in other things yesterday and as it wasn't on Sky so I forgot completely about the game until 3:40pm so quickly tried to find a stream. When I found one we'd already scored the 4 goals I was livid because I knew that would be it and it was.

Well at least you got the three points!!

I didn't know Arsenal had won the league championship on goal difference back in 1989.

It's very exciting, when that happens.

It happened to Rangers once.

The Gers and Celtic both finished the season on 97 points and Rangers won the title by one goal.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:25 am

Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I didn't know Arsenal had won the league championship on goal difference back in 1989.

The Gers and Celtic both finished the season on 97 points and Rangers won the title by one goal.

That is the stuff of legend down here - and as for exciting no it's not.......until it's over and you've won, then it is.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Dean » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:27 am

Fairytale stuff, needing to win by two goals to win the league and up pops Michael Thomas in the last minute to win it... One of my earliest footbll on the telly memories that!
Dean

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:40 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

That is the stuff of legend down here - and as for exciting no it's not.......until it's over and you've won, then it is.

I only heard about it this morning.

1989 is the year I left school, that's more memorable for me.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 am

Match reports will be a bit light today, have to go on MotD highlights as I saw very little.

Arsenal came out easy winners yesterday over Crystal Palace notching up 4 goals in the first 22 minutes which effectively killed the game off as any sort of spectacle. To be fair to Palace they came out second half and still made an effort, being rewarded with a consolation goal with 20 minutes to go from a corner as the Gunners attention continued to wane. It should have ended 5-1 when Alex Lacazette had his legs whipped away from him in the penalty box but the ref seemed to think that 4 goals for the Arsenal was sufficient, so didn't give it. :shake head:

Not so in Manchester City's game with Newcastle no ref would dare wave away even the flimsiest of shouts from them. After struggling for 35 minutes to make an impression they finally broke through with a goal from Aguero. The second half went in similar vein so of course it was time for Raheem Sterling to put in another of his Olympic gold medal diving performances and right on cue, the ref was there to award it and Aguero converted for his second of the game. Newcastle were incensed and quickly replied with a goal of their own making it game on but as the minutes ticked by it was futile and they lost heart, leading to City's third and Aguero's hat-trick.

Manchester City have had 5 penalties this season, joint second highest with Crystal Palace who of course have their own gold medal winning diver, Wilfred Zaha.

Chelsea notched up a 0-4 win against Brighton down on the south coast in a game where the scoreline hardly reflected the performance put in by the Seagulls.

Burnley entertained Manchester United but Sean Dyche's normally solid home defence failed to stop Martial from scoring the only goal of the game on 54 minutes 0-1 the final result.

Newly installed Stoke City manager Paul Lambert notched up a win in his first game in charge a 2-0 victory over Huddersfield.

Resurgent club games involving West Ham v Bournemouth and Everton v WBA both ended in 1-1 draws. Sam Alladyce came in for some stick from Everton fans, how quickly those scouse wankers forget they were staring relegation in the face almost from the start of the season until Sam arrived. :shake head:

Finally from yesterday, Leicester beat Watford 2-0 after title winning heroes Vardy scored toward the end of the first half and Mahrez right on last knockings. Watford continue with a very up and down season after a bright start.

Southampton play Spurs in today's only game and Swansea entertain Liverpool on Monday night.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:21 am

Oh I see Henrikh has agreed to move to Arsenal but Sanchez is still dragging his heels.

Will this saga ever end?
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:24 am

Vicks wrote:I think Crystal Palace are TJ's home team, but he opted for Arsenal.

He won't like to see a high scoreline...

Just saw this, No Palace weren't they were just the closest to my secondary school and so many of my school mates were Palace fans. The closest to where I lived was Millwall and that brought about many a challenge in my youth. I did go to a lot of their home games for quite a few years but was always mysteriously ill or some such when it came to cup games or friendlies against Arsenal. :oops:

Going to Millwall was never really much about the football. :paranoid:
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive