Dean

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:09 pm

Vicks wrote:Jack has a message..

27066845_10208175618906784_2446116099298315848_n.jpg

:wubbers:

Oh wow!!! :wubwub:

Give him a cuddle from me Vicks. :)))

And my apologies for taking the thread off topic....but my cat does support spurs, every time he comes in the room when spurs play we usually score.... :header: :laughing:
Hate it when he disappears when a match is on, I tend to think... oh shit this cant be good lol..... :laughing:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:09 am

Sunny wrote:
Vicks wrote:Jack has a message..

:wubbers:

Oh wow!!! :wubwub:

Give him a cuddle from me Vicks. :)))

And my apologies for taking the thread off topic....but my cat does support spurs, every time he comes in the room when spurs play we usually score.... :header: :laughing:
Hate it when he disappears when a match is on, I tend to think... oh shit this cant be good lol..... :laughing:

Hi Suns. :Hiya:

Well the thread hasn't really been taken off topic, because Lenny supports Spurs and Jack supports Rangers.

I wish Rangers scored every time Jack came into the room.

Especially against Celtic.

:yess:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:17 am

Rangers are in action tonight against Aberdeen.

It's a six pointer and it's very important we win, especially after the scumbags beat the Jags last night.

Our injured list is growing all the time..

Bruno Alves
Graham Dorrans
Lee Wallace
Kenny Miller
Ryan Jack
Jordan Rossiter
Ross McCrorie

Our Captain and Vice-Captain are in that list.

However!!

The good news is Andy Halliday and Michael O'Halloran have returned from their loan spells and we have our new signings.

It's going to be a huge game.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:20 am

Arsenal are playing in the second-leg of the Semi-Final in the Tuppence Apne Cup.

I imagine as it's their only chance at silverware this season, Arsene Wenger will field his best players.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:36 am

Pep Guardiola reached his first final as Man City manager last night when City beat Bristol.

Bristol put up a good fight though and the game finished (Agg 3-5)

Kevin de Bruyne celebrated signing his new five year contract by scoring one of the goals.

Good player de Bruyne.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:24 am

Aberdeen fans sing "We hate Rangers more than you" when they roll over for Celtic.

I won't say "Playing" because they never try against their scumbag pals.

I doesn't bother me in the slightest, I mean why would it?

It must really get on their tits the team they hate so much, has won the League 54 times compared to their pathetic 4 times.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 am

It's getting ridiculously difficult to find out what the latest situation is with Arsenal's move to bring Pierre-Emerick Aubamyang to The Emirates from Borussia Dortmund.

Depending on where you read, it can be anything from 'a deal is a long way off' - 'a deal is almost there' with all sorts of reasons being bandied about. Firstly, some reporters can't seem to decide whether they are talking in Pounds Sterling or Euro's, then some say there are some iffy aspects to the personal deal said to have been sorted out, with others saying no personal deal has been agreed and demands with that are causing problems. :dunno:

Some are saying Dortmund won't budge on their £60millon price tag with others saying they want £53million. It's also difficult to get accurate dates on when all these things have supposedly been said or happened. You read some things you've not seen before, then find out they happened three days ago and much has gone on which superceded those claims. :shake head:

Anyway, the latest I can gather so far comes from the Evening Standard in a report which was lodged this morning at 6:00am.

It appears that Arsenal have increased their bid from £44million to £51million which is either much closer or still a long way off Dortmund's valuation, depending on where you read.

There is also some better news which seems accurate, Olivier Giroud is prepared to move to Dortmund as part of the deal and will accept either a loan move until the end of the season or a permanent one. Paramount to him is getting regular first team football ahead of what will undoubtedly be his last opportunity to play in a major competition for his country in the summer.

This could be the breakthrough as Giroud was a top target for the Germans in the summer and they've said they don't want to let Aubamyang go without a replacement. So thats all I have to go on, most reports appear to be unsubstantiated claims or even just inventions but the increased offer and Giroud and Arsenal's willingness to agree a cash/player exchange in any form, are accurate and true.

So I suppose i'll have to wait for the 'horses mouth' to know if we're successful or not, there is still a week to go before the window closes, so plenty of time to get things done and for me to suffer more angst.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:39 am

Phil Neville deleted his Twitter account as soon as he was made head coach of the England's Women's Team.

It seems Neville wanted rid of the sexist comments he made a few years ago.

He also twitted a joke about Domestic Violence.

He probably have to resign within the next few days.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:50 am

Vicks wrote:Pep Guardiola reached his first final as Man City manager last night when City beat Bristol.

Bristol put up a good fight though and the game finished (Agg 3-5)

Kevin de Bruyne celebrated signing his new five year contract by scoring one of the goals.

Good player de Bruyne.

Yep, De Bruyne is a great player but he'll have lost some friends, certainly in Bristol and the neutral camp last night, after scoring in the last seconds of injury time to snatch away Bristol's dream of not getting beaten at home by Man City, after they levelled at 2-2 on the night just seconds before De Bruyne's goal. What a shame for the plucky west country side.

Bristol played their part well and were well worth a draw on home turf even if not overall victory, after causing a very strong Man City side some real problems and scares.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:02 am

That would make a great avatar but i might be accused of Blasphemy.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:03 am

Vicks wrote:Image

Ragga would be onto you like a shot.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:22 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:Image

Ragga would be onto you like a shot.

I thinking more of my mother and what she would say in the small chance, she happened to see it.

Swearing is fine and so is calling her by her first name, however say Christ and she goes mad.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 am

A measure of how things have changed in Premier league and football in general comes in a statement from Chelsea manager Antonio Conte who says his club cannot compete on wages against the likes of Manchester United and City.

Chelsea were of course the first English club whose owner used his personal fortune to buy success - winning League, Domestic cup and European titles, so for them to say they are no longer in the game shows how far matters have progressed.

It's no longer just transfer fees which have gone through the roof, wages have now become a real issue with many demands equalling and sometimes surpassing the player's transfer fees. Add to that the extras which might include a signing on fee and almost always an agents fee for brokering deals and the figures become astronomical.

This is reportedly why Manchester City ended their interest in Alexis Sanchez and why Chelsea looked at the player and agent's demands, ending any question of a move for the player.

This is also why Arsenal couldn't entertain a new contract for the player, there was no way the Gunners could match the reported £350,000 pw plus performance bonuses Manchester United are supposedly paying him, bearing in mind the often forgotten but very inportant issue of a long term contact - in Sanchez's case four and a half years - which will make him well over 33 years old by the time it expires.

That will take his minimum earnings for the full term of the contract to almost £82million pounds and it's quite feasible United might get only two years of top performances from the player at best. It is becoming ridiculous and quite obscene. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive