Postby Text » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Mickyboy wrote:Hiya Cans....... :wink:

Yo Micky! ... at long last you've found time to say hello to me! :snooty:
Hope you're well and looking after yaself, stay safe! :Swink: :SGrin:

ETA good luck to spurs, on behalf of you and Sunny. Cracking team! :bell:
Text

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Postby Vicky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:28 am

As everyone knows CELTIC'S UNBEATEN RUN ENDED YESTERDAY and while it would have been nice if Rangers had ended it, it was the Jambos, who actually beat them.

Of course Hearts, aren't very popular with Celtic fans either.

Get it up ye!!

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:44 am

Harry Cochrane scored Hearts first goal yesterday.

The lads only sixteen, so definitely one to watch out for in the future.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 am

Man City are going to hold contract talks with Pep Guardiola in the Summer as they aim to build a dynasty to rival Man Utd's.

City are going to offer him £12 million pounds a year to rule for a decade.

That's big boots to fill, trying to overtake Fergie.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:36 am

Here's an admission you never thought you'd see, I watched pretty much the whole of that Hearts v Celtic game yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have to say it took the first goal by that youngster to sharpen my attention, when the second went in I was all eyes and ears hoping something special was on the cards and I wasn't disappointed.

I'd expected Celtic to come out second half and overturn the game, instead they went further behind and by the time the fourth went in I was hoping to witness a trouncing, not that 4-0 wasn't trouncing enough. Well done Hearts, a well deserved victory that brought Celtic & Brenda crashing back down to Earth.

For a football fan, the two best feelings you can have during a season are 1. Your team plays well and trounces a close rival and 2. After suffering a disappointing defeat yourself, your closest rival/s gets beaten that same weekend, re-setting the status quo.

I bet that was almost as good as watching Rangers notch up a nice victory, eh Vick? :laughing:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:22 am

Trapper John wrote:Here's an admission you never thought you'd see, I watched pretty much the whole of that Hearts v Celtic game yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have to say it took the first goal by that youngster to sharpen my attention, when the second went in I was all eyes and ears hoping something special was on the cards and I wasn't disappointed.

I'd expected Celtic to come out second half and overturn the game, instead they went further behind and by the time the fourth went in I was hoping to witness a trouncing, not that 4-0 wasn't trouncing enough. Well done Hearts, a well deserved victory that brought Celtic & Brenda crashing back down to Earth.

For a football fan, the two best feelings you can have during a season are 1. Your team plays well and trounces a close rival and 2. After suffering a disappointing defeat yourself, your closest rival/s gets beaten that same weekend, re-setting the status quo.

I bet that was almost as good as watching Rangers notch up a nice victory, eh Vick? :laughing:

It was excellent TJ!!!

I didn't start to relax until the Jambos made it 4-0

It certainly made up for Rangers disappointing result on Saturday.

It's been great reading all the winging from the Celtic fans since the game ended.

Some Celtic fans really did think they would never lose again.

:Slol:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:45 am

I've never liked Brenda Rogers, always thought him a smarmy, self congratulating egotist.

His disparaging remarks about Arsenal when he was at Liverpool during the Luis Suarez affair and later the Alexis Sanchez transfer, turned a dislike into a hatred for me.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:55 am

The Christmas/ New year schedules are going to set the scene for the second half of the season and separate a few men from boys. They'll be four games a piece in that sort of 10/12 day period. Arsenal start the ball rolling this coming Friday and it don't stop until 3rd January 2018.

Arsenal: 22nd Dec - Liverpool (H) 28th Dec - Crystal Palace (A) 31st Dec - WBA (A) 3rd Jan - Chelsea (H)

Man City: 23rd Dec - Bournemouth (H) 27th Dec - Newcastle (A) 31st Dec - Crystal Palace (A) 2nd Jan - Watford (H)

Man Utd: 23rd Dec - Leicester (A) 26th Dec - Burnley (H) 30th Dec - Southampton (H) 1st Jan - Everton (A)

Chelsea: 23rd Dec - Everton (A) 26th Dec - Brighton (H) 30th Dec - Stoke (H) 3rd Jan - Arsenal (A)

Spurs: 23rd Dec - Burnley (A) 26th Dec - Southampton (H) 2nd Jan - Swansea (A) 4th Jan - West Ham (H)

Liverpool: 22nd Dec - Arsenal (A) 26th Dec - Swansea (H) 30th Dec - Leicester (H) 1st Jan - Burnley (A)

Spurs have some odd dates, must have somethng to do with the TV companies :dunno:

And look at Man City again, have they ever played anyone who is on top of their game when they meet them?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 am

Arsenal have the easiest Christmas schedule while Man United have the hardest.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:23 am

Vicks wrote:Arsenal have the easiest Christmas schedule while Man United have the hardest.

You having a laugh?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:32 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:Arsenal have the easiest Christmas schedule while Man United have the hardest.

You having a laugh?

No, i read about it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-easiest-christmas-schedule-manchester-11506189
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:01 am

Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

You having a laugh?

No, i read about it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-easiest-christmas-schedule-manchester-11506189

They are going on the basis of gaps between games and that just bollocks anyway, we start a day earlier than everyone else as well.

As far as the actual ties go we've got one of the hardest, that article was written on 11th November a lots changed since then.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

You having a laugh?

No, i read about it.

They are going on the basis of gaps between games and that just bollocks anyway, we start a day earlier than everyone else as well.

As far as the actual ties go we've got one of the hardest, that article was written on 11th November a lots changed since then.

They can't have changed that much, all the clubs are still playing the same teams.

:Srolleyes:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:26 am

Are England having a winter break like us, so their teams can have a wee holiday and recharge the batteries.

:warmfire:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:27 am

Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

You having a laugh?

No, i read about it.

They can't have changed that much, all the clubs are still playing the same teams.

:Srolleyes:

They have though Palace, West Ham, Everton and WBA all got new managers recently and turned their seasons around.
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive