Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:50 am

Talking of Man City...

They've pulled out of the race to sign Alexis Sanchez because, Arsenal are after a lot more than the £60 million, they wanted off City in the Summer for him.

Sanchez might be a good player, but he certainly isn't worth £400,000 a week.

It's also been suggested Sanchez is off to PSG in the Summer and he's using all the teams concerned to get a better deal from PSG.

:header:
Vicky

Postby VelvetCat » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:31 am

Vicks wrote:I'd heard of Cyrille Regis, but to be honest, I couldn't have told you much about him.

I was reading some of the tributes to him yesterday and he seems to have been a gentleman.

He was Vicks, a absolute gentleman and loved by us Baggie fans. I'll add some links on here later on, a club statement and some You Tube footage of him. Tbh I can't face reading it and watching it again because I will cry.

My husband took me late last night to see the memorial for him on the Astle Gates, there are a lot of Baggies shirts and scarves (taking mine up later), but there were also Villa and Wolves scarves on the gates, but what really made me cry was seeing our club flags which fly on the Brummie Road end, I'm a proud BRE since I was 14 were at half mast for Cyrille.

I was sad when we lost Jeff Astle so young, but I had only been told how good he was and saw him on TV, Cyrille I had stood on the terraces and cheered him on, chanted about him, he was part of my team.

As you can probably tell, I'm still really upset
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:29 am

VelvetCat wrote:
Vicks wrote:I'd heard of Cyrille Regis, but to be honest, I couldn't have told you much about him.

I was reading some of the tributes to him yesterday and he seems to have been a gentleman.

He was Vicks, a absolute gentleman and loved by us Baggie fans. I'll add some links on here later on, a club statement and some You Tube footage of him. Tbh I can't face reading it and watching it again because I will cry.

My husband took me late last night to see the memorial for him on the Astle Gates, there are a lot of Baggies shirts and scarves (taking mine up later), but there were also Villa and Wolves scarves on the gates, but what really made me cry was seeing our club flags which fly on the Brummie Road end, I'm a proud BRE since I was 14 were at half mast for Cyrille.

I was sad when we lost Jeff Astle so young, but I had only been told how good he was and saw him on TV, Cyrille I had stood on the terraces and cheered him on, chanted about him, he was part of my team.

As you can probably tell, I'm still really upset

Hi Cat.

I can remember how upset I was, when Davie Cooper died.

Coops was only 39 and had suffered a brain hemorrhage.

He was in the Rangers team, when I first started supporting the Gers and I had seen him play a few times.

He was making a television programme with Charlie Nicholas and collapsed and died the next day in hospital.

The Copland Road end of the ground was soon covered in Rangers scarves, tops and teddy bears.

There were tributes from Celtic fans as well.

I couldn't look at videos or photos of Coops for ages because, it was just so unbelievable that he was gone.

Coops reminds me of Cyrille.

Both gentlemen, both great players and both gone far too soon.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:48 am

Vicks wrote:Talking of Man City...

They've pulled out of the race to sign Alexis Sanchez because, Arsenal are after a lot more than the £60 million, they wanted off City in the Summer for him.

Sanchez might be a good player, but he certainly isn't worth £400,000 a week.

It's also been suggested Sanchez is off to PSG in the Summer and he's using all the teams concerned to get a better deal from PSG.

Arsenal are still after their £35million valuation, this has nothing to do them. Sanchez agent wants a £20million signing on fee for his player, plus a £400,000 pw pay packet. In addition the agent wants £10million for himself too, for brokering the deal.

So much for all the Pep Guardiola this, Pep Guardiola that, it's always money at the end of the day. Talking of which, it appears Chelsea are not out of the equation either, sources at Stamford Bridge have said they are not put off by the sums of money being talked about.

As far as PSG goes - they can't buy him yet, they've spent too much and they'd have to sell a shit load of players in the summer to buy Sanchez. Plus if he doesn't go this window, he won't be playing football for 4 months, Wenger won't have him in the team after all this.

He's gonna go in the next few days.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 am

Rangers have signed Nottingham Forest striker Jason Cummings on loan until the end of the season.

The Gers have been given the option of signing the Scotland forward, depending on how things go.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:15 am

Judging from what I've been reading..

Alexis Sanchez has the reputation of being a pain in the arse.

Not the type of player, you want in your team.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am

A lot of small men have a chip on their shoulder.

Trapper John is probably about 5ft

:ooer:
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:20 am

Vicks wrote:Judging from what I've been reading..

Yeah, I agree.....that's why half the arsenal team didn't celebrate when he last scored for them....that was a massive sign!

And its happening again to the Gooners same thing happened with Van Persie he fooked off to Man U.....they seem to sell their best players. They haven't learnt.
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:27 am

Sunny wrote:

Yeah, I agree.....that's why half the arsenal team didn't celebrate when he last scored for them....that was a massive sign!

And its happening again to the Gooners same thing happened with Van Persie he fooked off to Man U.....they seem to sell their best players. They haven't learnt.

I didn't know that Suns, they obviously have grown tired of his arrogant attitude.

Arsenal selling their best players, shows Stan whatisface doesn't care about the club.

He only cares about his pockets and going on another hunting tour, so he can shoot some poor endangered elephant.
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 am

Vicks wrote:
Sunny wrote:

I didn't know that Suns, they obviously have grown tired of his arrogant attitude.

Arsenal selling their best players, shows Stan whatisface doesn't care about the club.

He only cares about his pockets and going on another hunting tour, so he can shoot some poor endangered elephant.

At least our Chairman said no one is leaving and will up their wages and reward the good players.

The Gooners have to accept they are a mediocre team now, if that!
Sunny

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:15 am

Arsenal selling their best players?

Arsenal and Arsene Wenger run their club like a business, a long term business which is why if Stan Kroenke decided to pull out of the club, Arsenal would just carry on as normal.

Like I said in an earlier post all of Arsenal's money and assests belong to the club, not to an individual or group of individuals - like for instance Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd or Liverpool.

It's very rich of a Spurs fan to be calling out Arsenal when Spurs are copying exactly the Arsenal business model. :snooty:

I'll explain the thinking behind all of Arsenal's decisions in another post - but for now here is why Arsenal FC are No.2 in the most stable and financially powerful clubs in the world.

In 2001 when it was first decided that a new stadium was the only way Arsenal could join the biggest clubs in the world, the board had two options.

Option 1. Was for the shareholders to pile their own cash into the project, negating the need for outside finance, selling assets or the necessity of ensuring continued success in both domestic and European arenas. The big drawback to that was Arsenal would have become the personal property of half a dozen individuals to do with as they wished - the end result could have been one person owning it all.

Option 2. Was to finance the entire operation - land aquisition, building and all other associated costs straight from the earnings of the football club alone. The advantage of that was Arsenal FC would remain a self financing institution, able to continue on it's own two feet regardless of who owned the shares.

The drawback to that was, Arsene Wenger had to virtually 'guarantee' champions league football for at least the three consecutive seasons during the construction and would likely have to sell top players at the same time, the proverbial 'rock and a hard place'

As we know, he did both those things and more, which is why Arsenal FC is the model which FIFA says every football club in the world should aspire to.

Now some people will say yeah but football fans don't want that they want success and of course we do, but I've been an Arsenal supporter for a long time and I want my grandchildren to be too. It's ok having a dozen or more new trophies sitting on the shelf but would good would they be when your entire football club becomes a distant memory?

Just a quick example of what could never happen to Arsenal. The two owners of West Ham sold the Boelyn Ground to developers and moved the club into 'rented accomodation' - the Boelyn Ground was an asset of West Ham United FC at one time, the proceeds of the sale of that ground now sit in the personal bank accounts of messrs. Gold and Sullivan. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:20 am

In this present time, is Arsenal playing well? Are they not selling their best player? 5 points behind the 5th team and 8 points behind a top 4 spot. Just admit at this moment in time gooners are SHIT! :snooty:
Sunny

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 am

Sunny wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Sunny wrote:

At least our Chairman said no one is leaving and will up their wages and reward the good players.

The Gooners have to accept they are a mediocre team now, if that!

Midtable team and they will be for years to come Suns.

Nobody fears them now.

:thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:28 am

Arsenal and Celtic might get drawn together in the next round of the Europa League, if they win their next games.

I will have to do the unthinkable and support our rivals and at the moment Celtic will beat Arsenal.
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 am

Vicks wrote:Midtable team and they will be for years to come Suns.

Nobody fears them now.

:thumbsup:

He keeps going on about history and shit, if that's the case we can say Forest have a great history, but look at them now, mind you they beat the goooners at least. :gigglesnshit:

Forest 4 Goons 2.... :cuppaT:
Sunny

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive