What's everyone up to this Christmas?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What's everyone up to this Christmas?

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:56 pm

Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Dis* wrote:I will be at home with my family, drinking loads of whisky eating fudge and probably crying waiting for it to be over. We’ve had a few deaths this year so Christmas is a dread now. I used to love it so :bawlin:

This made me sad

the world is a terribly sad place, and I'm sure many of us will be having a drink to those 'absent' friends

I hope your day is peaceful, sometimes that has to be enough :smilin:

Thanks, it is sad. I am trying be grateful to have known them but it’s a bit raw for that to bring comfort yet, so whisky will have to do :mrgreen:

i would love peaceful. I wish they sold that in the shops. No much chance of that in my house, drunken teenagers on the loose.

I might put antlers or jingly bells on the dog to see if that cheers me up. I’m too scared to put them on the cat. If all else fails I’ll put them on the kids. :mrgreen:

oh you had to mention cats

and now I have to go and buy reindeer antlers for them :mrgreen:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby calitom » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:05 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Dis* wrote:I will be at home with my family, drinking loads of whisky eating fudge and probably crying waiting for it to be over. We’ve had a few deaths this year so Christmas is a dread now. I used to love it so :bawlin:

This made me sad

the world is a terribly sad place, and I'm sure many of us will be having a drink to those 'absent' friends

God bless you Hobbit. The world can certainly be a sad sad place. But remember that Satan has already been defeated
and that his reign over this earth is temporary and failing.
calitom

Postby calitom » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Vam wrote:A crazy, rushed flurry of hyper activity? Or will you be hiding under the duvet/slobbing about in front of the tele, until the whole shebang's over for another year?

We're trying to organise some live music, magician, Santa + gifts, for a local kids' hospice on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day lunch at a friend's house.

Boxing Day - 11 +2 extra dogs, round at mine :doomed:

27th onwards - me >>> :thud:

No plans for New Year.

That sounds amazing Vam.If i were there i would contribute to the music part.Thats the Christmas spirit!!!

I am getting together with family in the winter wonderland called Buffalo NY.Should be fun.Midnight mass on the 24th.Then lots of eating for 3 days.
Then i will be meeting SUNNY in Vegas!.Looking forward to meeting her finally!
calitom

Postby calitom » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Vam wrote:A crazy, rushed flurry of hyper activity? Or will you be hiding under the duvet/slobbing about in front of the tele, until the whole shebang's over for another year?

We're trying to organise some live music, magician, Santa + gifts, for a local kids' hospice on Christmas Eve.

No plans for New Year.

That sounds amazing Vam.If i were there i would contribute to the music part.Thats the Christmas spirit!!!

I am getting together with family in the winter wonderland called Buffalo NY.Should be fun.Midnight mass on the 24th.Then lots of eating for 3 days.
calitom

Postby calitom » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Vicks wrote:
e84fa7dd98628fc6aeb203eecda81df3-148011_1227208525.jpg

That's my Zoe in her coat, she was a cracking dog.

We lost her when she was fifteen and got his nibs about a month later.

:wubbers:

Love that pic Vicks!
calitom

Postby calitom » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Vicks wrote:
e84fa7dd98628fc6aeb203eecda81df3-148011_1227208525.jpg

That's my Zoe in her coat, she was a cracking dog.

We lost her when she was fifteen and got his nibs about a month later.

:wubbers:

Love that pic Vicks!
calitom

Postby Vicky » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Joke-About-Christmas-05.jpg
Vicky

Postby Alexa » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:36 pm

I shall be working 5 nights straight from 24th until the 29th, off for New Year though, so will celebrate then to make up for it.... :yess:
Alexa

Postby Vam » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:25 pm

calitom wrote:

No plans for New Year.

Ah thanks for the offer, Tom :wink: Kinda wish I could take you up in it.

BIB - no way! :yikes: For real?? Hope so, cos God knows you've sure been waiting long enough! :gigglesnshit:

I wish you well. Merry Christmas, surfer boy x
Vam

Postby Vam » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Alexa wrote:I shall be working 5 nights straight from 24th until the 29th, off for New Year though, so will celebrate then to make up for it.... :yess:

Now, that's a bummer. I guess you're probably one of those people who provide the kind of essential services the rest of us rely on.

In which case, you're probably worth your weight in gold :smilin:
Vam

Postby charlie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Staying at home with my 2 boys.

I always look forward to Christmas dinner, as it's an excuse to really indulge ourselves and not feel guilty about putting on a few pounds.

Haven't got a clue what's on the telly, but if it's The Wizard of Oz (again) then it will be wonderful. Between that, and It's A Wonderful Life, it's staple viewing on Xmas day.

Of course a 'little' glass or 2 of Croft Original always goes down well too.

It'll be great. :smilin:
charlie

Postby Vam » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

This made me sad

Thanks, it is sad. I am trying be grateful to have known them but it’s a bit raw for that to bring comfort yet, so whisky will have to do :mrgreen:

i would love peaceful. I wish they sold that in the shops. No much chance of that in my house, drunken teenagers on the loose.

I might put antlers or jingly bells on the dog to see if that cheers me up. I’m too scared to put them on the cat. If all else fails I’ll put them on the kids. :mrgreen:

I'm sorry to see that, Dis. Who among us hasn't been there, eh?

When it was my 'turn', that first milestone Christmas was a complete non-event. Yet, in among all that grief and sense of loss, there was still something/someone around to raise a smile - even managed to laugh a couple of times.

Sounds like your house is full of potential for a little...distraction :thumbsup:

Ps...No antlers on the cat. Ever. Unless you want to have pure baleful hatred staring right back at you :mrgreen: The puppy's a much friendlier option.
Vam

Postby Nucks » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Nucks

Postby Cleopatra » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:26 pm

I tried to get some Christmas spirit going at work today, but three of my colleagues were in tears at various points due to personal traumas, including divorce and serious health problems. Christmas magnifies whatever it is you are going through, good or bad.

I wish all on Dogs a Merry Christmas and a happy, peaceful New year.
Cleopatra

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Only another 4 days then I'm off to the wonderful Philippines with my dearly beloved, cant wait.......... :wubwub: :hap: :more beer:
Mickyboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms