Gmail Hack

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Gmail Hack

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Fletch wrote:Could it be a simple error of the person creating an account, being told no, one exists, then adding a number or letter to it but the email went to you not them?

Looks like a standard new email account doesn't it?

No, the change of name is quite deliberate - no additional numbers, letters or accidents - it is almost definitely a hijack attempt by someone in FW (since this account is only used in this group of forums). I can guess from where but cannot work out how given the password issue.

I don't much care about silly forum nazis playing games with the fictional McAz/Aziz character - but not knowing the method has implications for more sensitive accounts.
McAz

Postby Fletch » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:14 pm

McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:Could it be a simple error of the person creating an account, being told no, one exists, then adding a number or letter to it but the email went to you not them?

No, the change of name is quite deliberate - no additional numbers, letters or accidents - it is almost definitely a hijack attempt by someone in FW (since this account is only used in this group of forums). I can guess from where but cannot work out how given the password issue.

I don't much care about silly forum nazis playing games with the fictional McAz/Aziz character - but not knowing the method has implications for more sensitive accounts.

Ahh, ok. Was just a thought. Be interesting to see what google say. Hope it hasn't compromised the account.
Fletch

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:

Ahh, ok. Was just a thought. Be interesting to see what google say. Hope it hasn't compromised the account.

If Google respond.

There is nothing of importance on the account - though some eejit might think that Aziz is real :gigglesnshit: - so no problem even if it is compromised.
Thanks for trying, Fletch. :more beer:
McAz

Postby Major » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:33 pm

muchadoaboutnothing.
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:47 pm

McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:I've got a gmail account (not used on here) and not sure what you mean McAz. You mean someone tried to associate your account with another email or that they used your email for something?

Someone created an almost identical Gmail address which they attempted to link to my Google account. Google sent me the following notification:

-------------------------

To: "Blah" <blah@gmail.com>
Sent: 01/12/2017 08:23:10
Subject: Your Gmail address, newblah@gmail.com, has been created

Welcome to Gmail! You can login to your account at https://mail.google.com/.

Here are a couple of tips to help you get started:

Use Gmail's import tools to move mail and contacts from your other email accounts to your new Gmail address.
Download the mobile app for Android or iPhone and iPad to stay connected on the go.
Should you ever encounter problems with your account or forget your password we will contact you at this address.

Enjoy!

The Gmail Team

If you didn't create this Gmail address and don't recognize this email, please visit: https://accounts.google.com/AccountDisa ... g2JRloSzNc to unlink this account.

(Blah and newblah are obviously substituted by me for the real email name).

I know it's possible to create a new addy and link it to your account but not (as far as I know) without knowing the account password. Mine is randomly software generated and unguessable. :dunno:

you don't need to worry about your password. someone has created a new gmail account & given your existing gmail address as the back-up for it. that way if the person behind the new account forgets their password or tries to access new gmail from an unknown source, your own gmail address would be the security question. it would show up as b**h*gmail & the other person verifies themselves as the new account holder by putting in blah@gmail.

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:20 pm

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:I've got a gmail account (not used on here) and not sure what you mean McAz. You mean someone tried to associate your account with another email or that they used your email for something?

Someone created an almost identical Gmail address which they attempted to link to my Google account. Google sent me the following notification:

Use Gmail's import tools to move mail and contacts from your other email accounts to your new Gmail address.
Download the mobile app for Android or iPhone and iPad to stay connected on the go.
Should you ever encounter problems with your account or forget your password we will contact you at this address.

Enjoy!

The Gmail Team

If you didn't create this Gmail address and don't recognize this email, please visit: https://accounts.google.com/AccountDisa ... g2JRloSzNc to unlink this account.

I know it's possible to create a new addy and link it to your account but not (as far as I know) without knowing the account password. Mine is randomly software generated and unguessable. :dunno:

you don't need to worry about your password. someone has created a new gmail account & given your existing gmail address as the back-up for it. that way if the person behind the new account forgets their password or tries to access new gmail from an unknown source, your own gmail address would be the security question. it would show up as b**h*gmail & the other person verifies themselves as the new account holder by putting in blah@gmail.

Ah thanks, that's helpful - still a little worrying though since only the mods of this group of forums know the addy so it's one of them playing silly buggers. That narrows it down though and I'm now pretty sure who's behind it. Cheers. :more beer:
McAz

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:22 pm

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

Enjoy!

The Gmail Team

Ah thanks, that's helpful - still a little worrying though since only Admin and mods of this group of forums know the addy so it's one of them playing silly buggers. That narrows it down though and I'm now pretty sure who's behind. Cheers. :more beer:

i hope you get to the bottom of it & your mind get's put to rest.

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:23 pm

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

Enjoy!

The Gmail Team

Ah thanks, that's helpful - still a little worrying though since only Admin and mods of this group of forums know the addy so it's one of them playing silly buggers. That narrows it down though and I'm now pretty sure who's behind it. Cheers. :more beer:

Yeah, leave us hanging... :again?:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:25 pm

Major Starbold wrote:muchadoaboutnothing.

True enough Starbold - certainly not as interesting as Jordan not getting a wedding invite or your fascination with bumsex. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:36 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

Enjoy!

The Gmail Team

Ah thanks, that's helpful - still a little worrying though since only Admin and mods of this group of forums know the addy so it's one of them playing silly buggers. That narrows it down though and I'm now pretty sure who's behind it. Cheers. :more beer:

Yeah, leave us hanging... :again?:

Would I do that? :smilin:

Almost certainly the only other place which allows Starbold to post - a nazi outpost which attracted this recent gem from the old racist...

Starbold wrote:Bleedin eck, a coon in our palace."

... they and their pals have a history of such practices. They would have obtained my addy from their front site which I was briefly a member of.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:51 pm

Lambert wrote:Something like this?

http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=2577

Not sure about the falling snow, it's a bit 90s.

Sounds like the puppies privates, I'll have a look tomorrow :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:18 am

Amazing - I've had a response from Google. Equally amazing - they cannot help. :laughing:

Lesson - don't trust forums with your email - especially forums sympathetic to nazis.
McAz

Postby Holly » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:27 am

McAz wrote:Amazing - I've had a response from Google. Equally amazing - they cannot help. :laughing:

Lesson - don't trust forum admins with your email - especially forums sympathetic to nazis.

I can promise you and all other members here on Dogs, we will NOT EVER mishandle your login details :shake head:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:33 am

Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:Amazing - I've had a response from Google. Equally amazing - they cannot help. :laughing:

Lesson - don't trust forums with your email - especially forums sympathetic to nazis.

I can promise you and all other members here on Dogs, we will NOT EVER mishandle your login details :shake head:

No assurance necessary - I know (well almost certain) who is responsible as I detailed above. Such sad fucks who stoop to such activities but that's the world we live in. :dunno:
McAz

Postby McAz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:15 pm

UPDATE:

Amazingly (because I wasn't expect anything) , I have today received something from Google which traces the breach of my Aziz Gmail account to a phone in Bristol.

Does anyone know a doxer in Bristol?

Anyway, enough of this nonsense - I'll close the account today to be on the safe side. I'll email Admin here with new contact details later.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms