Rainbow Laces? - When in Rome I say

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Rainbow Laces? - When in Rome I say

Postby megaera » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Trapper John wrote:
megaera wrote:What does 'promoting homosexuality to children' mean?

I don't know I'm not a Russian lawmaker but I assume it means anything from teaching in schools that homosexuality is a normal state of the human condition to parading in public in an outwardly 'gay' manner where children might observe and ask questions. :dunno:

Do you class that kind of thing as being not unreasonable then?
megaera

Postby Trapper John » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:47 pm

megaera wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I don't know I'm not a Russian lawmaker but I assume it means anything from teaching in schools that homosexuality is a normal state of the human condition to parading in public in an outwardly 'gay' manner where children might observe and ask questions. :dunno:

I class promoting homsexuality to children as unreasonable.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby megaera » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Trapper John wrote:
megaera wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

That's not what I asked :dunno:

But you are obviously not going to actually answer, and I'm not getting into a circular question, so I'll leave it there.
megaera

Postby Trapper John » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:55 pm

megaera wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
megaera wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

That's not what I asked :dunno:

But you are obviously not going to actually answer, and I'm not getting into a circular question, so I'll leave it there.

I thought it was a concise answer but fair do's :Hiya:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Trapper John wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

I quoted this earlier Meg

it's directly from Amnesty International

New laws heavily restrict efforts by the LGBTI community to fight for equal rights. In 2012, a Moscow Court banned Gay Pride for 100 years, despite the European Court of Human Rights declaring Pride bans in Moscow illegal just two years earlier.

Russian states have all implemented legislation outlawing 'propoganda of non-traditional sexual relations', an all-pervasive law that effectively stops teachers saying that being homosexual is as normal as bring heterosexual, and stops teenagers from seeking help and advice from sexual health clinics.

Thats an odd consequence of the law, why would it stop teenagers seeking advice at sexual health clinics? :dunno:

ask Amnesty International not me

for future reference what part of 'it's directly from Amnesty International' didn't you understand?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Trapper John wrote:Some might be aware that there is a Football World Cup next summer to be held in Russia.

Now the Foreign Office, the British Embassy in Moscow and the Russians themselves have gone to great pains to state that visiting supporters will receive a warm welcome, help and respect as long as they obey the laws of the country.

That sounds fair enough and even though we in the UK don't expect our foreign visitors to obey our laws and in fact allow them to bring their own from overseas with them, it's a reasonable request.

Like pretty much every country on Earth, except here of course, where a loud minority of the country think everyone is the same, they have different ideas about certain things and matters.

One Russian law states that it is illegal to 'promote' homosexuality in front of or to children. Now that isn't an unreasonable law you'd think and probably wouldn't cause much concern until you take into account the 'Rainbow Laces' and 'Football is for Everyone' crusades run by interested parties in and out of the LGBT universe.

Although both of these organisations have been going for some time, neither has been afforded much interest outside their own narrow fields, until now. There is a definite increase in their exposure of late and I'm sure it will continue to gain pace as the finals draw closer.

I believe this is being done intentionally so as to cause provocation and anti Russian feeling before and during the finals. Demonstrations whether organised or individual shows of 'queerness' are not going to go down well with our hosts, something the LGBT brigade and their supporters will be well aware of and in fact will count on so they can promote their particular abberation of nature to a wider audience.

Football is a traditional sport, which in this and many other countries is a national icon, we don't need it to be hijacked by a minority of people with cross wiring to use it as a way of promoting their oddities and causing trouble in a country that doesn't happen to think they are as special as they think they are.

Russians don't want homosexuality or any other abnormal sexual persuasion promoted outwardly in their country, that should be respected even if it's only for a month.

Wait till they see how much snogging footballers themselves do on the pitch, outwardly in front of millions. :again?:
Text

Postby Text » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:04 pm

You's get the idea?.
Text

Postby Trapper John » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:11 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

New laws heavily restrict efforts by the LGBTI community to fight for equal rights. In 2012, a Moscow Court banned Gay Pride for 100 years, despite the European Court of Human Rights declaring Pride bans in Moscow illegal just two years earlier.

Russian states have all implemented legislation outlawing 'propoganda of non-traditional sexual relations', an all-pervasive law that effectively stops teachers saying that being homosexual is as normal as bring heterosexual, and stops teenagers from seeking help and advice from sexual health clinics.

Thats an odd consequence of the law, why would it stop teenagers seeking advice at sexual health clinics? :dunno:

for future reference what part of 'it's directly from Amnesty International' didn't you understand?

I understood that fine, I thought that as you posted verbatim you might have had it in your bookmarks and know what it meant, you strike me as a possible fully paid up member, activist and contributor, obviously not.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:14 pm

Canary wrote:Image

You's get the idea?.

Not really but I will do when you post a couple of them sticking their dicks up each others arse for mutual gratification. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Trapper John wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

I understood that fine, I thought that as you posted verbatim you might have had it in your bookmarks and know what it meant, you strike me as a possible fully paid up member, activist and contributor, obviously not.

I know you are stuck in racist/homophobic 1972 but haven't you even heard of copy and paste?

that aside, what do you think would be shameful if I were a paid up member?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:36 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I know you are stuck in racist/homophobic 1972 but haven't you even heard of copy and paste?

Thats a huge assumption to be making, where did I even imply it would be shameful?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Canary wrote:Image

You's get the idea?.

Not really but I will do when you post a couple of them sticking their dicks up each others arse for mutual gratification. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you could be doing with a good hard bumming yourself, TJ - an actual dick up your arse could be a joyous replacement for the stick which currently resides there :cheers:

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Trapper John wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Thats a huge assumption to be making, where did I even imply it would be shameful?

glad we got that sorted then

see you at the next rally?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:49 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

glad we got that sorted then

see you at the next rally?

Believe it or not, I used to visit their UK HQ every month in London EC2, they would buy their paper supplies from me. I have to say that judging by the look of most of them there, it's a wonder anyone took them seriously.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:35 am

LGBT fans will be warned about holding hands in public and other outward displays of affection when in Russia for the World Cup next summer. A cautionary guide will be produced by Fare – formerly Football Against Racism in Europe and now a pressure group that campaigns for equality in football – and dispersed to fans travelling to the tournament.

Being gay is not illegal in Russia but the country has a law banning teaching about homosexuality in schools and there are numerous cases where gay people from foreign countries have been attacked because of their sexuality.

The Guardian

Fifa’s official anti-discrimination partner has warned it is “critical” homophobia is added as an offence to its disciplinary code before the World Cup.

Ahead of Friday’s draw for next summer’s finals in Russia, the head of FARE – which helps football’s world governing body operate its anti-discrimination monitoring system – said openly-gay fans faced “danger” if they held hands during a tournament staged in a country which recently outlawed the promotion of homosexuality to minors.

Daily Telegraph

These articles came just a few days before the draw last Friday, I hope they aren't a precursor to even more banner waving from minority groups hell bent on spoiling one the greatest spectacles in our sport, to promote their cause.

Football is Football if you want to go around holding hands and kissing, do it at a gay pride event or something, don't do it in Russia where someone is likely to kick your head in, surely thats sensible advice isn't it?
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms