Rainbow Laces? - When in Rome I say

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Rainbow Laces? - When in Rome I say

Postby Lambert » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Lambert wrote:There is good research to show that genetic factors play a role in sexual orientation. It's not the full story, indeed the full story isn't clear yet. But if science proves us wrong on these things we should accept it. I've always thought transsexualism was a mental disorder but a cursory search on it shows that I'm almost certainly wrong.

The Human Genome Project, which has been researching genes for years, have concluded there is no correlation between genes and sexual orientation, for some reason it hasn't been publicised.
So that would mean being gay is not TJs version of an abberation of nature at all.

When did they say that? AFAIK recent research is pointing towards genes being a factor.
Lambert

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Canary wrote:
McAz wrote:The incidence of homosexuality is greater than that of people with red hair - nothing abnormal about it.

Red hair is a good example for biology teachers to use to teach about the recessive gene.
More interesting and more relevant than droning on about Mendel's peas.

I was taught that recessive genes made you deaf - or was that something else? :scratch:
McAz

Postby Dean » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:57 pm

McAz wrote:
Canary wrote:
McAz wrote:The incidence of homosexuality is greater than that of people with red hair - nothing abnormal about it.

Red hair is a good example for biology teachers to use to teach about the recessive gene.

I was taught that recessive genes made you deaf - or was that something else? :scratch:

You’re getting confused with Heavy Metal music...
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:58 pm

McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Red hair is a genetic trait unless I'm very much mistaken, homosexuality isn't, so what's your point?

Just saying it doesn't make it so - there is much evidence that indicates that homosexuality has a genetic component, just as there is supplementary evidence such as fetal infection, hormonal resistance and much more.

All arise from nature as does red hair, that's the point - whether or not something is wholly genetic is irrelevant. So yes, you are very much mistaken.

Look if you gonna jump in a thread and start making comments, at least have the courtesy to read the 115 posts which came before your ill informed attempts to contradict me. I've spent half those posts trying to convince others that homosexuality isn't a lifestyle choice but an aberration of nature.

I know - but it it isn't any more an aberration than red hair.

So what do you believe homosexuals are then, a 'variant' of the human species as someone suggested in an earlier post?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Dean wrote:
McAz wrote:
Canary wrote:

You’re getting confused with Heavy Metal music...

I thought that was only if you played it backwards (no double entendre intended)? :dunno:
Last edited by McAz on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Look if you gonna jump in a thread and start making comments, at least have the courtesy to read the 115 posts which came before your ill informed attempts to contradict me. I've spent half those posts trying to convince others that homosexuality isn't a lifestyle choice but an aberration of nature.

So what do you believe homosexuals are then, a 'variant' of the human species as someone suggested in an earlier post?

People who prefer or are drawn to their own gender for emotional and/or sexual intimacy - where's the problem?
McAz

Postby Text » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:03 pm

McAz wrote:
Canary wrote:

There are many types of deafness and many different causes too. I guess a recessive gene is one of them.
Queen Alexandra and Princess Alice were both deaf and that is not surprising given the intermarriage tradition of the royals of old.
Text

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:08 pm

Canary wrote:
McAz wrote:
Canary wrote:

There are many types of deafness and many different causes too. I guess a recessive gene is one of them.
Queen Alexander and Princess Alice were both deaf and that is not surprising given the intermarriage tradition of the royals of old.

I'm going deaf in one ear - I think it's down to abuse - we don't have a tradition of interbreeding in my line. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Canary wrote:
McAz wrote:
Canary wrote:

Queen Alexandra and Princess Alice were both deaf and that is not surprising given the intermarriage tradition of the royals of old.

Stay on topic or fuck off
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:25 pm

McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Look if you gonna jump in a thread and start making comments, at least have the courtesy to read the 115 posts which came before your ill informed attempts to contradict me. I've spent half those posts trying to convince others that homosexuality isn't a lifestyle choice but an aberration of nature.

People who prefer or are drawn to their own gender for emotional and/or sexual intimacy - where's the problem?

I didn't say it's a problem, read the whole fucking thread before bringing up things already covered earlier. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Dean » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:29 pm

I have a genuine question, I’d be interested to hear your views.

What do you guys regard as homiphobia?

Is it ok to say you have nothing against homosexuals but you don’t agree with it? Or is that homophobic? Do you have to embrace it and fully accept it to be classed as not homophobic? Where is the line, in your opinion?
Dean

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:

I didn't say it's a problem, read the whole fucking thread before bringing up things already covered earlier. :thumbsup:

I have read the thread - no need for petulance - and nothing you have said dissuades me from my view that...

... which is why I posted it. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Text » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:30 pm

McAz wrote:
Canary wrote:
McAz wrote:
Canary wrote:

Queen Alexander and Princess Alice were both deaf and that is not surprising given the intermarriage tradition of the royals of old.

I'm going deaf in one ear - I think it's down to abuse - we don't have a tradition of interbreeding in my line. :dunno:

A common problem of age. Don't worry, the other one will compensate. :wink:
Text

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Canary wrote:
McAz wrote:
Canary wrote:There are many types of deafness and many different causes too. I guess a recessive gene is one of them.

So not an aberration of nature then? :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Canary wrote:
McAz wrote:
Canary wrote:
McAz wrote:
Canary wrote:Red hair is a good example for biology teachers to use to teach about the recessive gene.

What part of 'stay on topic or fuck off' don't you understand?
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms