DS and DTV Part 73.

Big Threads

DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby Vicks » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:24 am

Image
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68308
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby Nucks » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:22 am

Is DS a bit slow because people are busier at this time of year?
Or because the mods have banned loads of people? They had an amnesty but not sure it helped matters.
Change in management and reactions drove people away?

There does seem to be a lower tolerance there for borderline trolling which can often be funny. Fine line sometimes between bullying and a piss-take, DS mods seem to err on the side of caution and disapprove of either. Not saying bullying is ok, but some posters do seem a bit precious about being ribbed.
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 6406
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 am
Location: Behind the curtains

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:23 am

Ebony was okay to a point but felt Cas was terrible, too obvious. The likes of Greg Richards was dire, even though it took a while for many to cotton on. Too many half wits to remember, DS wcertainly seems to attract them :smilin:


I quite liked following the discussions with Cas in them. I agree with Greg Richards though, he was awful. SJWhunter would have been an ok troll if he didn’t let his ego get in the way.

Nucks, I think your right with the change in moderation. They seem to be much more biased too.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 6844
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby Gabby » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 am

I might dig out my log in details for DS later....... as there's less talk of DS on there than there is on here!! :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 16709
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby Vam » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:49 am

Cas used to make me laugh loads :gigglesnshit:

Ebony (RIP) was total 'cringe while you read through your fingers!' kind of poster :ooer:

Both were unique - each in their own way.
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 16080
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:57 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby TWATkins » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:11 am

Canucklehead wrote:Is DS a bit slow because people are busier at this time of year?
Or because the mods have banned loads of people? They had an amnesty but not sure it helped matters.
Change in management and reactions drove people away?

There does seem to be a lower tolerance there for borderline trolling which can often be funny. Fine line sometimes between bullying and a piss-take, DS mods seem to err on the side of caution and disapprove of either. Not saying bullying is ok, but some posters do seem a bit precious about being ribbed.


I've found they seem to turn a blind eye to a lot of trolling but come down hard on anyone calling out the trolls as it's "baiting" apparently.

I'd even say that "baiting" is treated far more severely than trolling there at the moment.
User avatar
TWATkins
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby VR6storm » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:17 am

The likes of Greg Richards was dire


Then of course there's Sam The Football...... or is the jury still out on that one?? :whistle:
User avatar
VR6storm
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby TWATkins » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 am

Sam isn't a troll but, unfortunately for him, "regular" forum-folk tend to be rather cynical and jaded at the best of times when someone posts something that doesn't quite tally with what they think is "normal" so they'll be accused of trolling.
User avatar
TWATkins
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:06 am

TWATkins wrote:Sam isn't a troll but, unfortunately for him, "regular" forum-folk tend to be rather cynical and jaded at the best of times when someone posts something that doesn't quite tally with what they think is "normal" so they'll be accused of trolling.


He's a blatant troll. You just got sucked in.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:06 am

TWATkins wrote:Sam isn't a troll but, unfortunately for him, "regular" forum-folk tend to be rather cynical and jaded at the best of times when someone posts something that doesn't quite tally with what they think is "normal" so they'll be accused of trolling.


I think you're wrong here, I think Sam was one of the biggest trolls to hit DS forums in a long time. The fact that he has suckered so many in proves just how good he is at it. Nothing will convince me otherwise.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby TWATkins » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:51 am

Fair enough both of you. I don't agree, but there you go.
User avatar
TWATkins
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:02 pm

TWATkins wrote:Sam isn't a troll but, unfortunately for him, "regular" forum-folk tend to be rather cynical and jaded at the best of times when someone posts something that doesn't quite tally with what they think is "normal" so they'll be accused of trolling.


He's a troll. Coming on Dogs and continuously starting Advice threads is a bit of a giveaway.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 25110
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby Dean » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Where is all this talk of DS forums that the Guests so desperately yearn for? If you take out the arguing and trolling it’s dead in here!
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 35628
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:12 pm

Dean wrote:Where is all this talk of DS forums that the Guests so desperately yearn for? If you take out the arguing and trolling it’s dead in here!


We did used to argue over DS.
We’re short on material though :grrrrr:
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 6844
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 73.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Dean wrote:Where is all this talk of DS forums that the Guests so desperately yearn for? If you take out the arguing and trolling it’s dead in here!


We did used to argue over DS.
We’re short on material though :grrrrr:


Why are you talking to Dean? Do you fancy him or something? :monkey:
:mrgreen:
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 25110
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Next

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests