Haha! Good one!

Re: DS and DTV Part 74.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:39 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:Perhaps if I post, we might spur some action

gotta love a bit of hobbit hate

Someone’s desperate for a bit of attention. :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:43 pm

I’d say JRa is actually pretty harmless compared to some of the nastier people on here

I never see him be vindictive or spiteful and I’ve certainly never seen him target others and carry it in for years as a few do to him. That he is seen as worse than they are is why I think some people speak up on here. There’s far far worse than him.

Postby Fletch » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:03 pm

VR6storm wrote:
Vam wrote:
VR6storm wrote: I do, i'm using the latest Firefox browser - in fact, the newest update arrived earlier today..... :cheers:

:snooty:

Version 57.0.2......................... :bum:

:thumbsup:

64 bit :snooty:
Fletch

Postby GUEST » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:09 pm

George wrote:
nit guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Guest wrote:Repeated above for you and any others confused by what was meant/said. (page 87 of part 73) :geek:

So why not blame all the people that troll and post the mundane shit at him in the first place. I think most people would reply to comments about them especially negative ones but usually individuals aren’t got at quite so many times.

It wasn't a rebuke so much as an attempt to explain/find out why he doesn't join in current convos and have a laugh. Because he doesn't, because he posts like he does, he attracts the many posts. I did say at the first post, tl:dr lighten up ffs. It was an attempt at a solution or finding the problem. :shame:

While I get that his initial purpose for joining was to defend himself, that he hasn’t joined in the spirit of the thread probably contributes to how he is perceived by many here. Yeah, yeah, he doesn’t care, it doesn’t bother him, etc., but he does seem to take it seriously. The recent ‘periodic’ drama thing, it would have been better (imo) if he had just laughed it off. Does he wish his name was never brought up? That seems unrealistic. One might ask why he was initially being talked about here. I wasn’t here then so I don’t know, but I suspect his posting style hasn’t changed that much and he was being pulled up for similar things as he is now. Why him so much? Maybe because he posts what he does and it bugs people. If he says it doesn’t bother him, nothing needs to change I guess. :smilin:

Judging by his DS persona we have someone who will pull others up over trivial detail, and 'correct' them in a nit-picky way - comes across as petty and pedantic, but it seems to give him a sense of self-importance. Not surprising if he gets up people's noses as a result.

I would agree somewhat, also isn’t this thread about picking holes or taking the piss of those being a dick or an idiot on DS? If when linking to DS isn’t jra fair game? Or are there different rules for members of Dogs?
As for him responding to almost every comment, it goes without saying that is his choice but others can also comment on it surely?[/quote]
Apparently not George, seen as bullying / ganging up. Go figure. :dunno: Sod the fact that it could be 10 different guests / members who mention his posts for 10 different reasons it seems the problems not him. Again :dunno:

Postby Fletch » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:11 pm

MartinP in a thread about inflation. The minute GGP posts, straight after a dig from him

The working class should know their place, eh?

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_88599443

Later followed up with another dig. GGP was talking to someone else about class.

Does that cockwomble ever post a contribution to a discussion? All he does is make personal digs at GGP, OHG or any other left wing poster. :hand:
Fletch

Postby GUEST » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Fletch wrote:
VR6storm wrote:
Vam wrote:
VR6storm wrote: I do, i'm using the latest Firefox browser - in fact, the newest update arrived earlier today..... :cheers:

64 bit and, I'll raise you, 6 internal hard drives. :snooty: :snooty:

Postby GUEST » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Falling asleep guest wrote:Fucking hell this is dull. I almost prefer the tantrums, name calling, meltdowns and flounces.

I don’t care if it’s JP, Vam, JRA or whoever but somone liven it up again please.

Take that pretty little head of yours elsewhere then, sorted.

Postby GUEST » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:17 pm

GUEST wrote:
George wrote:
nit guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
While I get that his initial purpose for joining was to defend himself, that he hasn’t joined in the spirit of the thread probably contributes to how he is perceived by many here. Yeah, yeah, he doesn’t care, it doesn’t bother him, etc., but he does seem to take it seriously. The recent ‘periodic’ drama thing, it would have been better (imo) if he had just laughed it off. Does he wish his name was never brought up? That seems unrealistic. One might ask why he was initially being talked about here. I wasn’t here then so I don’t know, but I suspect his posting style hasn’t changed that much and he was being pulled up for similar things as he is now. Why him so much? Maybe because he posts what he does and it bugs people. If he says it doesn’t bother him, nothing needs to change I guess. :smilin:

Judging by his DS persona we have someone who will pull others up over trivial detail, and 'correct' them in a nit-picky way - comes across as petty and pedantic, but it seems to give him a sense of self-importance. Not surprising if he gets up people's noses as a result.

I would agree somewhat, also isn’t this thread about picking holes or taking the piss of those being a dick or an idiot on DS? If when linking to DS isn’t jra fair game? Or are there different rules for members of Dogs?
As for him responding to almost every comment, it goes without saying that is his choice but others can also comment on it surely?

messed up quotes :oops:

Apparently not George, seen as bullying / ganging up. Go figure. :dunno: Sod the fact that it could be 10 different guests / members who mention his posts for 10 different reasons it seems the problems not him. Again :dunno:

Postby GUEST » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:25 pm

Guest wrote:I’d say JRa is actually pretty harmless compared to some of the nastier people on here

I never see him be vindictive or spiteful and I’ve certainly never seen him target others and carry it in for years as a few do to him. That he is seen as worse than they are is why I think some people speak up on here. There’s far far worse than him.

He's supposedly on Dog's due to being criticised, and often mentions the fact, and the particular posters who criticised him there and on here. Not so long wanted to know if a particular poster on DS was posting here, for what reason god only knows. So I wouldn't be too sure of being spiteful / vindictive.

Yeah there's far worse than him but there's many a hell of a lot far better who can ignore or at least join in the banter.

Postby Fletch » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:32 pm

GUEST wrote:
Fletch wrote:
VR6storm wrote:
Vam wrote:

64 bit and, I'll raise you, 6 internal hard drives. :snooty: :snooty:

Only got a solid state one and portable hard drive. :bawlin:
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:34 pm

GUEST wrote:
GUEST wrote:
George wrote:
nit guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

As for him responding to almost every comment, it goes without saying that is his choice but others can also comment on it surely?

Must be the DS guests, they're a bit fragile coming from the over protective environment of DS. Well, except the soap sods, they're nuts. :pull face:
Fletch

Postby jp761 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:38 pm

Regarding this recent jra stuff. Whether it's five people, ten people, fifteen people, throwing accusations out there. It depends what the accusations are, I saw jras list the other day. The one that named all of the things that he's been accused of over time. The more 'serious' accusations need 'evidence' the 10 people or whatever the claimed numbers happen to be, need to show it.

Most of the stuff someone says about another person though is just a personal perception could be right may well be completely wrong. And as a guest said.. often people just see what they want to see.

And some people want this thread to be full of shit-stirring and malicious stuff, others don't.
jp761

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 pm

Fletch wrote:
GUEST wrote:
George wrote:I would agree somewhat, also isn’t this thread about picking holes or taking the piss of those being a dick or an idiot on DS? If when linking to DS isn’t jra fair game? Or are there different rules for members of Dogs?

Must be the DS guests, they're a bit fragile coming from the over protective environment of DS. Well, except the soap sods, they're nuts. :pull face:

I think we all know that none of it is about defending anyone, it's about having the chance to have a go at other people with impunity
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:43 pm

I’d say it works both ways. When JRA is the target you get a load of people defending the attacks on him and who don’t have a problem.

If however people do similar with somone like Hobbit or Vam then all of a sudden it’s ganging up or picking on them. and people get a lot more defensive. Fletch is possibly right and some people really are too fragile.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive