Hunters V Protesters

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Hunters V Protesters

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Major wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Just stick to the topic McAz. :woteva:

I support protesters, although I'm not sure what they're protesting about. Hunting with dogs is illegal, so presumably the hunts are not doing that.


Drag Hunting is Fox Hunting with another name



If any of the protesters were farmers they might understand why Charlie was hunted and killed,
Guns also kill Chaelie


Then why do some Farmers/Land Owners allow Fox to breed on their land ????

Here on the Isle of Wight, wildlife and Fauna can be unique to the Island,
one instance, up to the late 1800`s there were no foxes on the Island, Farmers and Landed Gentry had to travel to the Mainland for the "Sport" of Fox Hunting, it was decided to set up a Hunt on the Island, so the Hunt Organisers had to import certain breeds of fox from the mainland and Europe and allow them to breed so they could be hunted (which still goes on today) ( Oh and Badgers are not Native to the Island either !!!)

If the Farmers were that concerned Fox was a problem here, two men with shot guns would probably cull the whole population of fox within about a week and there would not be a likelyhood of their return
But the Traditional Sight of riders on their horses would also be lost ( including the revenue to the Hunt)
User avatar
Snookerballs
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Hunters V Protesters

Postby Major » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:37 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Just stick to the topic McAz. :woteva:

I support protesters, although I'm not sure what they're protesting about. Hunting with dogs is illegal, so presumably the hunts are not doing that.


Drag Hunting is Fox Hunting with another name



If any of the protesters were farmers they might understand why Charlie was hunted and killed,
Guns also kill Chaelie


Then why do some Farmers/Land Owners allow Fox to breed on their land ????

Here on the Isle of Wight, wildlife and Fauna can be unique to the Island,
one instance, up to the late 1800`s there were no foxes on the Island, Farmers and Landed Gentry had to travel to the Mainland for the "Sport" of Fox Hunting, it was decided to set up a Hunt on the Island, so the Hunt Organisers had to import certain breeds of fox from the mainland and Europe and allow them to breed so they could be hunted (which still goes on today) ( Oh and Badgers are not Native to the Island either !!!)

If the Farmers were that concerned Fox was a problem here, two men with shot guns would probably cull the whole population of fox within about a week and there would not be a likelyhood of their return
But the Traditional Sight of riders on their horses would also be lost ( including the revenue to the Hunt)



How many foxes are on the IOW???????????

Give details on HOW "2 with shotguns would probably cull the whole population of fox within a week" ?????????
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Hunters V Protesters

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:41 pm

Major wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Just stick to the topic McAz. :woteva:

I support protesters, although I'm not sure what they're protesting about. Hunting with dogs is illegal, so presumably the hunts are not doing that.


Drag Hunting is Fox Hunting with another name



If any of the protesters were farmers they might understand why Charlie was hunted and killed,
Guns also kill Chaelie


Then why do some Farmers/Land Owners allow Fox to breed on their land ????

Here on the Isle of Wight, wildlife and Fauna can be unique to the Island,
one instance, up to the late 1800`s there were no foxes on the Island, Farmers and Landed Gentry had to travel to the Mainland for the "Sport" of Fox Hunting, it was decided to set up a Hunt on the Island, so the Hunt Organisers had to import certain breeds of fox from the mainland and Europe and allow them to breed so they could be hunted (which still goes on today) ( Oh and Badgers are not Native to the Island either !!!)

If the Farmers were that concerned Fox was a problem here, two men with shot guns would probably cull the whole population of fox within about a week and there would not be a likelyhood of their return
But the Traditional Sight of riders on their horses would also be lost ( including the revenue to the Hunt)



How many foxes are on the IOW???????????

Give details on HOW "2 with shotguns would probably cull the whole population of fox within a week" ?????????


Perhaps this may be helpful, starbold?

http://www.iwfoxhounds.com/history.php
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 29063
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Hunters V Protesters

Postby Major » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:20 pm

My user name is Major, yours today is 'sh**hed queer.
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Hunters V Protesters

Postby Snookerballs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:28 pm

Major wrote:My user name is Major, yours today is 'sh**hed queer.


Are you qualified to use a Military title , ??
User avatar
Snookerballs
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Hunters V Protesters

Postby Major » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:46 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:My user name is Major, yours today is 'sh**hed queer.


Are you qualified to use a Military title , ??


Horlicks.
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Hunters V Protesters

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:50 pm

Major wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:My user name is Major, yours today is 'sh**hed queer.


Are you qualified to use a Military title , ??


Horlicks.


What's a Horlicks, starbold?
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 29063
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Hunters V Protesters

Postby Snookerballs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Major wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:My user name is Major, yours today is 'sh**hed queer.


Are you qualified to use a Military title , ??


Horlicks.


Horlicks ! Now thats a surprise, I always had you down as an "Ovaltiney "

User avatar
Snookerballs
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Hunters V Protesters

Postby Stooo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm

McAz wrote:
Major wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:My user name is Major, yours today is 'sh**hed queer.


Are you qualified to use a Military title , ??


Horlicks.


What's a Horlicks, starbold?


VD of the tongue...
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 83329
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Hunters V Protesters

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Major wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:My user name is Major, yours today is 'sh**hed queer.


Are you qualified to use a Military title , ??


Horlicks.


What's a Horlicks, starbold?


VD of the tongue...


You've ruined the drink for me, thanks. :snooty:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 29063
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Hunters V Protesters

Postby Stooo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:50 pm

McAz wrote:
You've ruined the drink for me, thanks. :snooty:


I was fourteen all over again for scant seconds :mrgreen:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 83329
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests