Meghan.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Meghan.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:45 am

Vicks wrote:Sic used in brackets after a copied or quoted word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original.

She used the wrong word and it hasn't been changed.

I know excatly what [sic] means - and like I said, that tweet was 'a fucking quote' as per your
quoted word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original.

So has anyone seen the original quote, is it out there for public consumption?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:49 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:From those tweets posted I can't see them being anything other than someone's personal opinion about someone else. :dunno:

I can't see any tweets about rounding up her and everyone of her race up and sticking on the next train to the gas chambers or any incitement calling for mass social disobedience until he finishes his relationship with her?

Of course that doesn't matter, as long as this devisive mantra is spread around the world by neo liberal lefties making it appear that is what people who have an opinion which they don't agree with are doing, then it's absolutely fine by them, truth only matters if it's their truth. :hand:

well she does dress it up the same as you, going on about not wanting her culture to be eroded, no wonder you defend her

she is entitled to her opinion, but perhaps she should learn when to keep her gob shut

Why? coz you and arseholes like you don't like it? ........... I'm sure you say a lot of things people don't like, don't stop you though does it?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:52 am

Vicks wrote:
Holly wrote:
Trapper John wrote:This country makes me die - why shouldn't anyone have the right to say exactly how they feel about someone or something?

This neo liberal/lefty society we've let sneak up on us is every bit as oppressive and tyrannical as Hitler's or Stalin's :shake head:

Oh come on TJ, you really think this was the right way of expressing her views? She was insensitive/offensive and crass. Why did she even feel the need to comment? Who the fok is she? :dunno: Just another fame hungry idiot who feels that even bad publicity is good publicity :roll:

She's a glamour model and he left his wife for her.

He's 29 years older than her.

And?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:52 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:Sic used in brackets after a copied or quoted word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original.

I know excatly what [sic] means - and like I said, that tweet was 'a fucking quote' as per your

omg

that is the original quote, the publisher added the sic into the image to show she used the wrong word

so you clearly don't know what sic means
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:55 am

There's been calls for him to resign before this, it looks like, she's just finished him off.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

omg

that is the original quote, the publisher added the sic into the image to show she used the wrong word

so you clearly don't know what sic means

He'll never admit he's wrong.
Vicky

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:57 am

Trapper John wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:From those tweets posted I can't see them being anything other than someone's personal opinion about someone else. :dunno:

I can't see any tweets about rounding up her and everyone of her race up and sticking on the next train to the gas chambers or any incitement calling for mass social disobedience until he finishes his relationship with her?

Of course that doesn't matter, as long as this devisive mantra is spread around the world by neo liberal lefties making it appear that is what people who have an opinion which they don't agree with are doing, then it's absolutely fine by them, truth only matters if it's their truth. :hand:

well she does dress it up the same as you, going on about not wanting her culture to be eroded, no wonder you defend her

she is entitled to her opinion, but perhaps she should learn when to keep her gob shut

Why? coz you and arseholes like you don't like it? ........... I'm sure you say a lot of things people don't like, don't stop you though does it?

I know when to keep my gob shut though

but you want to make this personal I see

you not only think it is ok she has those opinions but that she should be allowed to shout them from the rooftops without sanction, it says something about you when even UKIP disagree with your standpoint, they clearly think sanction is needed
Last edited by HobbitFeet on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:57 am

(sic) (with square-brackets usually) is an abbreviation of 'sic erat scriptum' which is Latin for 'thus it had been written', meaning that the quote prior was transcribed as it was found in the original source, complete with errors, colloquialisms etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandque ... 58,00.html
Holly
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:59 am

sometimes I want to quote one of Lucien's posts (god love him) and add [sic] after every 'error' :mrgreen:
Last edited by HobbitFeet on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:00 am

It would be nice if we could keep discussing this issue without personal attacks guys..come on, not everything has to end in a fight!
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 am

Trapper John wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Trapper John wrote:This country makes me die - why shouldn't anyone have the right to say exactly how they feel about someone or something?

This neo liberal/lefty society we've let sneak up on us is every bit as oppressive and tyrannical as Hitler's or Stalin's :shake head:

She does have the right to say it, but if the party doesn't like it they have the right to suspend her. They have their public image to think about.

Well of course - but I'm talking about the attitudes these people have nowadays, particulary over matters of race and culture - if they don't like something someone says I'm sure they would quite happily sanction a boot through the door at midnight and the perpetrator 'disappeared' honestly feeling that it was an appropriate course of action and worse, believe everyone else would too. :shake head:

And how do you feel about those who wish to cut off someone’s genitals with a broken bottle because they disagree with their sexual orientation?

What the fuck has that got to do with it. :hand:

You seem to think it’s “liberal lefties” who want to silence those who don’t agree with them.

My previous comment was in reference to something Major Starbold posted here, something he said he would do or should be done to homosexuals.

So what it’s got to do with this topic is it feels like your outrage and talk of oppression/Stalin/Hitler is all a bit faux.

I’m not saying you are responsible for his comments on a different thread, but do you think they are abhorrent?
Nucks

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:25 am

Holly wrote:It would be nice if we could keep discussing this issue without personal attacks guys..come on, not everything has to end in a fight!

Well I think that has just about given this thread the kiss of death. :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:25 am

Vicks wrote:There's been calls for him to resign before this, it looks like, she's just finished him off.

To be fair, he didn't actually say it, and she's just his girlfriend and party member who he met five minutes ago.
Raggamuffin

Postby Nucks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:25 am

She is entitled to her opinions, disgusting as they might be, but UKIP is not obliged to keep her as a party member if they feel what she has said is offensive.
Nucks

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 am

Nucks wrote:She is entitled to her opinions, disgusting as they might be, but UKIP is not obliged to keep her as a party member if they feel what she has said is offensive.

That's my view as well Nucks.
Raggamuffin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms