There's more posters..

A right load of bollocks...

Re: There's more posters..

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:50 pm

Holly wrote:Oh I didn't realise it's a piss take thread, ignore my psychobabble :snooty:
:oops:

Everything goes Holly but I prefer your answer to the other dismissers.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Holly » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:..which is groovy, but there's also more toxicity.

Why?

I often wondered about this too. My guess is...Some posters come on forums just to pass some time and have a bit of banter,
others might want to release some steam due to stress IRL. Forums allow them to say things they would never ever say to people face to face but always wanted to....I guess it's a form of therapy. A bit like punching a pillow and imagine it to be the face of someone you dislike. I really believe the toxicity that some posters display, comes from frustration and build-up anger in their real life.

What do YOU think?

Is it therapeutic or is it just continuing the harm though? Arguements/debates/disagreements are pretty normal and helpful for forums but the level of toxicity lately will just kill it again, IMO.
I'd rather not see that happen to the forum. :dunno:

I agree!

...but isn't it interesting, the more arguments there are, the busier the forum gets. What does that tell you?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:

Why?

I often wondered about this too. My guess is...Some posters come on forums just to pass some time and have a bit of banter,
others might want to release some steam due to stress IRL. Forums allow them to say things they would never ever say to people face to face but always wanted to....I guess it's a form of therapy. A bit like punching a pillow and imagine it to be the face of someone you dislike. I really believe the toxicity that some posters display, comes from frustration and build-up anger in their real life.

What do YOU think?

Is it therapeutic or is it just continuing the harm though? Arguements/debates/disagreements are pretty normal and helpful for forums but the level of toxicity lately will just kill it again, IMO.

There's still a smile behind behind most of the aggro though.

Yes, let's try and keep it like that. It can all too easily go downhill again.
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:53 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:

Why?

What do YOU think?

Again? When was Dogs ever not at the bottom of the hill? That's most of its attraction. :laughing:
Last edited by McAz on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:53 pm

Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:

Why?

What do YOU think?

I agree!

...but isn't it interesting, the more arguments there are, the busier the forum gets. What does that tell you?

We love a good fight?

Until we don't. Then it's time to step away.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:53 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:

Why?

What do YOU think?

Is this a blatant blame thread? Just name instead of this passive aggressive stuff.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:54 pm

i'm the nicest guest here. :snooty:

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:55 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Again? When was Dogs ever not at the bottom of the hill? That's most of its attraction. :laughing:

I'm talking about when almost everyone stopped posting.
There's downhill and then there's dead.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Dean » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:58 pm

The influx happened just after I came back. Probably a coincidence though...
Dean

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

During quiet periods then make Micky a mod - problem solved.
If it gets too busy to handle - bring in Raggs to kill it off.

:dunno:
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 am

Dean wrote:The influx happened just after I came back. Probably a coincidence though...

There's been a half hearted exodus as well. Coincidink I'm sure.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 am

Dean wrote:The influx happened just after I came back. Probably a coincidence though...

nearly as big as the fluffy bunny influx..
:mrgreen:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Dean » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:01 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:

There's been a half hearted exodus as well. Coincidink I'm sure.

Who has left?
Dean

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 am

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:There's still a smile behind behind most of the aggro though.

During quiet periods then make Micky a mod - problem solved.
If it gets too busy to handle - bring in Raggs to kill it off.

:dunno:

I honestly think Mickys better off away from forums.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Holly » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Holly wrote:

Why?

others might want to release some steam due to stress IRL. Forums allow them to say things they would never ever say to people face to face but always wanted to....I guess it's a form of therapy. A bit like punching a pillow and imagine it to be the face of someone you dislike. I really believe the toxicity that some posters display, comes from frustration and build-up anger.

What do YOU think?

I think it’s just real life without filters and the ability to move away from people you don’t like.
If you don’t get on with someone who drinks in your local, you just don’t talk to them. There’s a few cunts in my local, and I just silently judge.
On here that’s removed. You have to talk around people you don’t like and don’t get on with. It’s like a forced closeness and there’s going to be friction.

For me, I just can’t keep my gob shut at times. I try not to pick at the person, and concentrate on what they’ve posted. But I’m aware I’m as big a dick as everyone else. And I’m aware I rub people up the wrong way at times.

Funnily enough, I’m so laid back I’m horizontal in real life.

I also talk shit. Often. Long boring waffley shit :mrgreen:

What I find rather interesting is...on forums, posters can be the best of mates one week and sworn enemies the next, and then have no problem exposing things that have been told to them in confidence while the "friendship" was still intact...I think people in RL are less fickle and have higher morals surely :paranoid:
Holly
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms