Political Correctness And Being Offended

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Political Correctness And Being Offended

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Dean wrote:Whatever their intentions, they got a lot of free publicity out of it. Clever marketing however you look it...

That's exactly how I look at it - these marketing people aren't stupid.
McAz

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Vicks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I doubt you were often called little monkey or cheeky monkey. Fucking idiot yes monkey no.
There was two white kid's at the advert shoot as well. But somebody chose to put the black child in that hoodie.

Tell us micky. How would you feel if somebody started racially abusing your girlfriend. Would you let them, laugh or even join in?

he described her as english before he posted her picture, he still hasn't explained why.

he wouldn't mind her being called that disgusting word starbold used today, he'd just tell her to stop being sensitive.

Maybe she was born in England?

yes, she might have been. micky will be able to say either way.

even if she was born in england, some people will still see her as foreign, like tj does with sadiq khan. the man was born in britain but tj insists on calling him pakistani.

either way, the lady isn't white english, which is usually enough to set micky off on one of his racist rants ...

it's always heartwarming to see a confirmed racist fall for someone of a different skin colour, makes you think there is hope after all.

You've got to have a white face and an English accent and be able to trace your family tree back about 500 years to qualify as English in some peoples eyes.

as if being micky or starbold is something to aspire to.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Red Okktober wrote:Imo those that see racism, homophobia etc everywhere they look, tend to be more racist and homophobic than those they accuse. The accused are quite often above seeing problems on many issues, such as the black boy wearing a monkey hoodie.

It's those that make a song and dance over such issues, that make it harder for minority groups to become accepted into mainstream society, due to them forever banging on about it. People should just see that little black boy as a cute kid in a cute monkey hoodie, and leave racism out of it.

The liberal halfwit doesn't half like to shoot itself in the foot.

That is exactly right. I was brought up with a steady flow of West Indians moving into the area where I was born. We never heard the word racism let alone knew what it meant, by 'WE' I mean the white and black kids.

It remained that way until ultra liberals fresh from places like the LSE started telling black people they were being discriminated against because they were living amongst too many white people and to us that's when the word racism was born.

In short, there was no racism until middle class liberal lefties came along and invented it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:Imo those that see racism, homophobia etc everywhere they look, tend to be more racist and homophobic than those they accuse. The accused are quite often above seeing problems on many issues, such as the black boy wearing a monkey hoodie.

It's those that make a song and dance over such issues, that make it harder for minority groups to become accepted into mainstream society, due to them forever banging on about it. People should just see that little black boy as a cute kid in a cute monkey hoodie, and leave racism out of it.

That is exactly right. I was brought up with a steady flow of West Indians moving into the area where I was born. We never heard the word racism let alone knew what it meant, by 'WE' I mean the white and black kids.

It remained that way until ultra liberals fresh from places like the LSE started telling black people they were being discriminated against because they were living amongst too many white people and to us that's when the word racism was born.

In short, there was no racism until middle class liberal lefties came along and invented it.

So these were middle class inventions?

McAz

Postby Vam » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Dean wrote:
I’m pretty sure the intent behind the monkey incident wasn’t purposely racist, but it’s a bit silly to put a black boy in a top with monkey on it. You’re right about the left doing themselves no favours when it comes to over reacting, on this ocassion I think it was stupid PR mistake but not a racially motivated attack...

Absolutely this ^^^

But on a personal note, and I'm very aware I might be overreacting too, the image of that little black kid wearing that hoodie did sadden me. It kind of conjured up notions of bullying/other kids making 'monkey noises' at him... :shake head:
Vam

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:did you miss the part where I said everything that came after was an over reaction? Marketing departments are paid to be savvy but I just can't see them consciously saying let's put the black kid in the monkey top that'll get the juices flowing

but as Dean said, whatever their intent they've certainly got plenty of advertising out of it

No I didn't miss that, but it was kind of nullified by the 'I think they stupidly didn't realise that they were doing anything wrong,' bit

Why do you think they were stupid, and why do you think they did something wrong?

It seems to me they simply rose above the 'everything is racist' climate we live in, and just went ahead and put a cute kid in a cute animal top. Well done them.
Red Okktober

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:38 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:did you miss the part where I said everything that came after was an over reaction? Marketing departments are paid to be savvy but I just can't see them consciously saying let's put the black kid in the monkey top that'll get the juices flowing

but as Dean said, whatever their intent they've certainly got plenty of advertising out of it

No I didn't miss that, but it was kind of nullified by the 'I think they stupidly didn't realise that they were doing anything wrong,' bit

Why do you think they were stupid, and why do you think they did something wrong?

It seems to me they simply rose above the 'everything is racist' climate we live in, and just went ahead and put a cute kid in a cute animal top. Well done them.

they were stupid if they didn't realise what a fuss it would cause, and they did something wrong because it caused a fuss and backlash

I thought that was fairly obvious

maybe they cynically thought that any publicity is good publicity which seems slightly out of kilter with the image they want to portray but nobody really knows

I can see you want me to be all outraged about it, but sorry to disappoint, I'm simply not
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Vam wrote:
Dean wrote:
I’m pretty sure the intent behind the monkey incident wasn’t purposely racist, but it’s a bit silly to put a black boy in a top with monkey on it. You’re right about the left doing themselves no favours when it comes to over reacting, on this ocassion I think it was stupid PR mistake but not a racially motivated attack...

Absolutely this ^^^

But on a personal note, and I'm very aware I might be overreacting too, the image of that little black kid wearing that hoodie did sadden me. It kind of conjured up notions of bullying/other kids making 'monkey noises' at him... :shake head:

oh that is a horrible image

and see, I changed my avvie just for you

omg I just realised it's a black cat :yikes:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:43 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Vam wrote:
Dean wrote:

Absolutely this ^^^

oh that is a horrible image

and see, I changed my avvie just for you

omg I just realised it's a black cat :yikes:

Can't help it, Hobbsy. That really was the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw that image...And it made me sad. Probably just me, though... :dunno:

There's only one avi of yours I really want to see... :snooty:
Vam

Postby Rockstar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Dean wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:It's becoming impossible to get a straight answer to anything or to promote sensible debate on this forum without the trolls jumping in with both feet, so I think I'm done here again.........

You sound offended, Micky?

:mrgreen:
Rockstar

Postby Trapper John » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:46 pm

McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Not even confident that sign is real but nonetheless those same few pictures are shown over and over again whenever they do a programme about the Windrush generation. The films were also made by the liberal shite that was pouring out of the universities of the late 50's early 60's.

I don't need people to tell me what happened like many of the arseholes who spew the liberal tripe they do on here, I was fucking there, actually there, I saw things with my own eyes and I can tell you there was no form of racism in the south east part of London I frequented until middle class whites turned up telling blacks they were being prejudiced. :thumbsup:

It's like some while ago when I was debating a similar subject, Stooo posted something about being a racist yob on the terraces of Millwall, another total fucking myth perpetuated by people who know nothing.

When I went down the Den and stood on the terraces for a good deal of my youth, it was populated by a large number of the same blacks we went to school with and lived with, in fact the leader on the terraces for much of the time I went down there was a fuck off big black bloke known a 'Tiny' ....but of course popular liberal myth would have us all as racists. :hand:

It's like paki and queer bashing, it never fucking happened to anywhere near the extent it was built up to have done, I can't say it never happened but I can say I never saw it, not once and I went about a bit for a lot of years.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Not even confident that sign is real but nonetheless those same few pictures are shown over and over again whenever they do a programme about the Windrush generation. The films were also made by the liberal shite that was pouring out of the universities of the late 50's early 60's.

I don't need people to tell me what happened like many of the arseholes who spew the liberal tripe they do on here, I was fucking there, actually there, I saw things with my own eyes and I can tell you there was no form of racism in the south east part of London I frequented until middle class whites turned up telling blacks they were being prejudiced. :thumbsup:

It's like some while ago when I was debating a similar subject, Stooo posted something about being a racist yob on the terraces of Millwall, another total fucking myth perpetuated by people who know nothing.

When I went down the Den and stood on the terraces for a good deal of my youth, it was populated by a large number of the same blacks we went to school with and lived with, in fact the leader on the terraces for much of the time I went down there was a fuck off big black bloke known a 'Tiny' ....but of course popular liberal myth would have us all as racists. :hand:

It's like paki and queer bashing, it never fucking happened to anywhere near the extent it was built up to have done, I can't say it never happened but I can say I never saw it, not once and I went about a bit for a lot of years.

I saw the signs for myself - and you know damn well they existed.

As did the racist East London dockers march...
As did the Cable Street punch-ups against Jews in the 30s...
As did the East London riots against immigrants in the 1950s...
As did similar riots earlier in that century in many cities...
And much more...

The idea that racism is an invention by the middle class is absolutely laughable.

Both my parents were racists, my Dad especially, only he added in homophobia for good measure. Most peasants were - if anything it was the posh folk who argued against it.
Last edited by McAz on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Just going back to that notice in the window, I bet few will want to remember how it was commonplace not so very long ago, for landlords to advertise their properties with the addendum 'NO DSS' ...... no racism there just business because DSS were unlikely to pay their rent on time and or care about the property.

It was much the same with No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs in the 50's and 60's.... If word got round that dogs shit and tear up properties and getting the rent from Irish and blacks was harder than anyone else, what you think people are going to welcome them with open arms? :dunno:

And I'll tell you why rent was harder to get from Irish and Blacks in those days because a very large number of both communities were heavy drinkers and thats where the rent went. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Trapper John wrote:Just going back to that notice in the window, I bet few will want to remember how it was commonplace not so very long ago, for landlords to advertise their properties with the addendum 'NO DSS' ...... no racism there just business because DSS were unlikely to pay their rent on time and or care about the property.

It was much the same with No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs in the 50's and 60's.... If word got round that dogs shit and tear up properties and getting the rent from Irish and blacks was harder than anyone else, what you think people are going to welcome them with open arms? :dunno:

And I'll tell you why rent was harder to get from Irish and Blacks in those days because a very large number of both communities were heavy drinkers and thats where the rent went. :thumbsup:

Anyone who claims that racism was a myth in the 1960s is in no position to credibly tell anyone anything. :roll:

And I've just remembered how we as young children would hound the local Pakistani shop - genuinely believing that they ate Kit-E-Kat because that was what we were told.

You would have done nothing like that of course, because you lived in some fucking netherworld of racial harmony except for the intervention of posh folk who went round inventing racism. :laughing:
Last edited by McAz on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Mickyboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:IMO FWIW I think the world has gone mad bcos you can't say this, you can't say that etc etc etc.......

A black kid wears a hoodie/sweatshirt with the words 'Coolest Monkey In The Jungle' and I really don't see what the big deal is bcos I was always called a little monkey or a cheeky monkey, so I think some people really need to get over themselves, which is what the mother of the kid in the ad said, or would nothing have been said if it'd been a white kid in the ad........

Also this ridiculous story about a school for girls where the teachers are now being told they can't call the pupils girls in case a transwotsit gets upset even though its still going to be called a school for girls, you couldn't make this shit up.......

People are going to be scared to open their mouths soon in case someone takes offence, and don't even get me started on this gender non binary nonsense, you're either a boy or a girl end of.......

I doubt you were often called little monkey or cheeky monkey. Fucking idiot yes monkey no.
There was two white kid's at the advert shoot as well. But somebody chose to put the black child in that hoodie.

Tell us micky. How would you feel if somebody started racially abusing your girlfriend. Would you let them, laugh or even join in?

he described her as english before he posted her picture, he still hasn't explained why.

he wouldn't mind her being called that disgusting word starbold used today, he'd just tell her to stop being sensitive.

Maybe she was born in England?

yes, she might have been. micky will be able to say either way.

even if she was born in england, some people will still see her as foreign, like tj does with sadiq khan. the man was born in britain but tj insists on calling him pakistani.

either way, the lady isn't white english, which is usually enough to set micky off on one of his racist rants ...

it's always heartwarming to see a confirmed racist fall for someone of a different skin colour, makes you think there is hope after all.

Racist rants....confirmed racist!!!!!! How fucking dare you!!!! I haven't got a racist bone in my body and I've never made a racist post on any forum you fucking liar!!!!! :grrrrr:
Mickyboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms