Mona Lisa

A right load of bollocks...

Mona Lisa

Postby Major » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Do you like this painting??

Would you have a copy of it hanging in your abode??????

Any comments on the picture?????
Major
Twat.

Re: Mona Lisa

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:21 pm

I find it a bit gloomy really - I like modern art better.
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:15 pm

I went to see it once, it's very small.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:19 pm

It's okay I suppose - never really seen what the fuss is about starbold.
McAz

Postby Nucks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Does she have an ever so thin veil on her head? I must have looked at that image hundreds of times in my life and never noticed that.
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Nucks wrote:Does she have an ever so thin veil on her head? I must have looked at that image hundreds of times in my life and never noticed that.

Yeah. I think it’s either a mourning veil or a veil used around birth? I can’t remember. It’s either something to with the child Mona Lisa and her husband lost, or the child they were about to have.
Or neither.
/waffle
NastyNickers

Postby Stooo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:18 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Nucks wrote:Does she have an ever so thin veil on her head? I must have looked at that image hundreds of times in my life and never noticed that.

Yeah. I think it’s either a mourning veil or a veil used around birth? I can’t remember. It’s either something to with the child Mona Lisa and her husband lost, or the child they were about to have.
Or neither.
/waffle

Leonard of Quirm painted a grinning version, the teeth used to follow you around the room :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:35 pm

I like the painting and would like to go the Lourve at some point but he isn't my favourite artist by a long chalk

I probably wouldn't hang the painting it wouldn't fit with the more modern artwork I have at home. I have a couple of monet prints that I bought from the national gallery but they are lanscapes and I think a bit more timeless
Goodwife

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Stooo wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Or neither.
/waffle

Leonard of Quirm painted a grinning version, the teeth used to follow you around the room :ooer:

Used to? :ooer:

I’ve always fancied reading the disc world series. Maybe I should now I have more time on my hands.
NastyNickers

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:48 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Stooo wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Or neither.
/waffle

I’ve always fancied reading the disc world series. Maybe I should now I have more time on my hands.

Brilliant.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jp761 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Major wrote:Image

Do you like this painting??

Would you have a copy of it hanging in your abode??????

Any comments on the picture?????
I prefer the Blue Boy.
jp761

Postby Stooo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:58 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Stooo wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Or neither.
/waffle

Do it!

I don't read them for a couple of years and when I get down I start on The Colour Of Magic and end up reading the series again. :mrgreen:

I really miss Terry :bawlin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Stooo wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Stooo wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Or neither.
/waffle

Do it!

I don't read them for a couple of years and when I get down I start on The Colour Of Magic and end up reading the series again. :mrgreen:

I really miss Terry :bawlin:

There’s just so many! It’s daunting knowing what you’re getting yourself into. I know I’ll love it, so I’m pretty much signing away my life for 40 odd books. :mrgreen:
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Stooo wrote:I went to see it once, it's very small.

I was surprised by how small it is too.

Definitely a sense of occasion the first time you see her, but I'm more into Pablo/Salvador surrealism...
Vam

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Vam wrote:
Stooo wrote:I went to see it once, it's very small.

I was surprised by how small it is too.

Definitely a sense of occasion the first time you see her, but I'm more into Pablo/Salvador surrealism...

I’m not a huge fan of Picasso, but I love Dali. Especially his architecture.

Though I wouldn’t actually display any of the Art, the Italian Renaissance is my favourite classical art period. And Florence is my favourite place in the world.
NastyNickers

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms