Would You Work Here?

A right load of bollocks...

Would You Work Here?

Postby Major » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:45 am

People are being FORCED to take crap jobs.
Amazon seems to have a slave driving agenda IMHO

An Amazon delivery driver was sacked after he was the victim of a robbery and could now be forced to pay the cost of the lost parcels.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z54FiB63cJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Major
Twat.

Re: Would You Work Here?

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Personally, I dont do a lot of online buying - when I do though, I make sure it has nothing to do with Amazon.

Quite honestly they disgust me.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Misleading thread.

He doesn't actually work for Amazon, he's employed by a delivery firm Amazon use.

It's THEM who say he must pay for the parcels, not Amazon.
Vicky

Postby Markey mark » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:42 pm

No I wouldn’t, but jobs are short and people are willing to treating like shit just to but dinner on the tables
Markey mark

Postby McAz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:34 pm

They should form or join unions and fight for their rights as millions have done before them.
McAz

Postby Snookerballs » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:56 pm

Vicks wrote:Misleading thread.

He doesn't actually work for Amazon, he's employed by a delivery firm Amazon use.

Starbold never actually reads the links he posts,

He can never seem to get beyond the Headline !!
Snookerballs

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:03 pm

Snookerballs wrote:

attention span incontinence.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

attention span incontinence.

A lot of it about on this forum.

:pmsl: :pmsl:

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:13 pm

McAz wrote:They should form or join unions and fight for their rights as millions have done before them.

Not that easy, the employer has to agree to allow a union to represent it's employees, if they won't then thats the end of that.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby McAz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:They should form or join unions and fight for their rights as millions have done before them.

Not that easy, the employer has to agree to allow a union to represent it's employees, if they won't then thats the end of that.

That's how it was in the beginning and for many years after - and the struggle continues. Of course voting for draconian union laws was not the brightest move by the masses, sadly they now reap what they've sown.
McAz

Postby Vicky » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Snookerballs wrote:

That is very true.

He also demands nobody trolls his threads and then trolls fuck out them himself.
Vicky

Postby Goodwife » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:02 pm

The end of the article says he wont have to pay for the parcels but may have to pay for the damages to the vehicle.

Honestly you would think these kind of practices would be outlawed by the government. The agency should have insurance on its vehicles and goods in transit insurance to cover the vehicle theft and susequent damage and the loss of the parcels.

Forcing the employee to pay for something "out of his control" is a bit scrooge like.

It does also say that he was last paid 19th December so it's 6 days pay.

I didn't read many comments but some of the more cynical DM readers think the theft was an inside job and he wasn't actually robbed.
Goodwife

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Goodwife wrote:The end of the article says he wont have to pay for the parcels but may have to pay for the damages to the vehicle.

Honestly you would think these kind of practices would be outlawed by the government. The agency should have insurance on its vehicles and goods in transit insurance to cover the vehicle theft and susequent damage and the loss of the parcels.

Forcing the employee to pay for something "out of his control" is a bit scrooge like.

It does also say that he was last paid 19th December so it's 6 days pay.

I didn't read many comments but some of the more cynical DM readers think the theft was an inside job and he wasn't actually robbed.

I'm afraid that is the way people are now and sadly so are many employers. Where I worked a day driver had two pallets of Nike trainers stolen off his curtain sider truck in broad daylight in the middle of London.

He was investigated by police and they found no evidence of an 'inside job' nevertheless the internal investigation found something he had not mentioned in his job application, nothing to do with dishonesty, so they summarily dismissed him.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Markey mark » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Part of me feel sorry for him , then there’s a part saying what idiot leave one wallet in the cab , he said he dropped the keys and someone out of nowhere pushed him and grabbed the keys and drove off , didn’t he put up a fight he big enough, regarding the damage to the works van , along he has a police reference number , he’s not liable to any cost
Markey mark

Postby Stooo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Markey mark wrote:Part of me feel sorry for him , then there’s a part saying what idiot leave one wallet in the cab , he said he dropped the keys and someone out of nowhere pushed him and grabbed the keys and drove off , didn’t he put up a fight he big enough, regarding the damage to the works van , along he has a police reference number , he’s not liable to any cost

We've had a couple of people held up at knife point and the rules are to hand everything over, putting up a fight could get you dismissed or badly hurt and it's not worth it. Our policy is to keep the van locked and windows up. I keep my bag with my personal belongings in it in the cab, it would be impractical to carry it around on every drop.

Owner drivers are self-employed as are the people who work for them (so forget the union route). They have to be fully insured for vehicle and contents up to five million which is a pretty standard liability, dropping or leaving keys in the ignition is needless stupidity. When I sign for my keys in the mornings they are kept on an extending lanyard attached to my belt and don't come off until I sign them back out. I have always done huge owner driver routes as a direct employee which means that I do a similar amount of drops as these people and it's simply timing and self-awareness that allows you to do 100+ stops a day, rushing around to get finished early is a false economy.
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms