California House Of Horror.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: California House Of Horror.

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:19 am

Vam wrote:
Vicks wrote:The mother is 47 years old and the youngest child is 2 years old.

Now I know, it's possible to have a baby in your mid-forties, but there's also the possibility the father was abusing his daughters and one of them is the babies mother.

My very first thought, Vic.

Hospital staff are used to seeing all kinds of tragedy on a daily basis, so it must take a lot to surprise them. Yet the spokesman for the hospital treating the family looked deeply shocked and saddened, when giving an interview about the pitiful condition they're in.

The girl who escaped was 17, but the doctors thought she was only 10 due to how malnourished she was.

Physically they should get better Vam, but how's knows, what harm has been to them mentally.
Vicky

Postby Holly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:26 am

Vicks wrote:
Vam wrote:

Now I know, it's possible to have a baby in your mid-forties, but there's also the possibility the father was abusing his daughters and one of them is the babies mother.

Hospital staff are used to seeing all kinds of tragedy on a daily basis, so it must take a lot to surprise them. Yet the spokesman for the hospital treating the family looked deeply shocked and saddened, when giving an interview about the pitiful condition they're in.

The girl who escaped was 17, but the doctors thought she was only 10 due to how malnourished she was.

Physically they should get better Vam, but how's knows, what harm has been to them mentally.

I watched the news tonight just now and apparently it has been established that NO sexual abuse has occurred.

Looks like more of a psychological problem that's been happening here....sad never the less. Just weird that a 29 year old couldn't do anything :paranoid: Wouldn't surprise me if there's more to this whole story...but time will tell I guess.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:17 am

Holly wrote:I watched the news tonight just now and apparently it has been established that NO sexual abuse has occurred.

Looks like more of a psychological problem that's been happening here....sad never the less. Just weird that a 29 year old couldn't do anything :paranoid: Wouldn't surprise me if there's more to this whole story...but time will tell I guess.

It would be difficult for any of us to imagine what it would feel like to be brainwashed in such a way as these poor kids probably have. They will likely be very immersed in the whole culture of obedience (to god and parents) and will have learned to be helpless and rely completely on mum&dad for everything. As a kid, my parents were friends with a family who were Uber-Christians and their kids were very robotic in how they talked and reacted to things. From the outside, an onlooker might think the children were so polite and well-behaved, but parents have a duty at some point to teach their children how to survive in the real world, to gain independence and think for themselves.
Nucks

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:39 am

Holly wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Vam wrote:

I watched the news tonight just now and apparently it has been established that NO sexual abuse has occurred.

A report i read, said the mother couldn't understand why the police were getting involved, when they arrived at the house after the alarm was raised.

The woman's sister said her parents and other family members, were always kept at arms length.

When the tried to visit, they wouldn't let them in and told them to clear off.

Some neighbours have said the saw the children looking through the outdoor bins for food, but thought nothing of it. :roll:

They also had dog bowls in the back garden, even though they didn't have any dogs.

It's all very strange Holls, no doubt we'll find out more tomorrow, when they appear in court.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:02 am

26239505_10159974759035615_1641049094887706348_n.jpg

Hard to believe the lad with the glasses is 27 years old in that photo and one of the girls is 25 years old.

All their names start with "J" just like the Duggars children do.
Vicky

Postby Vam » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:47 am

Vicks wrote:
Vam wrote:

Physically they should get better Vam, but who knows, what harm has been to them mentally.

The younger kids might have a fighting chance of successfully being rehabilitated and then go on to live a better life.

The older children - who knows? Classic case of Stockholm Syndrome? Throughout their lives, and right into adulthood, they knew of no way of life other than one of isolation and degradation. They will probably need a lifetime of ongoing counselling and support.

You know what, Vic? Whenever a horrendous case like this comes to light, I always wonder how many other similar cases there must be that we know nothing of. How many other parents are continuing to inflict unimaginable abuse on their children, behind closed doors?
Vam

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:54 am

Vam wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Vam wrote:

Physically they should get better Vam, but who knows, what harm has been to them mentally.

The younger kids might have a fighting chance of successfully being rehabilitated and then go on to live a better life.

The older children - who knows? Classic case of Stockholm Syndrome? Throughout their lives, and right into adulthood, they knew of no way of life other than one of isolation and degradation. They will probably need a lifetime of ongoing counselling and support.

You know what, Vic? Whenever a horrendous case like this comes to light, I always wonder how many other similar cases there must be that we know nothing of. How many other parents are continuing to inflict unimaginable abuse on their children, behind closed doors?

Sometimes I feel like I spend all day telling someone off, be it daughter, dog, or bengal, but then I read stuff like this and realise that I'm doing ok, but I can't help think about all those children that daughter goes to school with and wonder what their home life is really like, it plays on my mind
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 am

Vam wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Vam wrote:

When I first read the story, " Stockholm Syndrome" was the thing that sprung to mind, a very strange mental problem, one relies totally on ones captor and accepts the isolation and degradation
It is now understood that this was a common problem in Prisoner of War Concentration Camps.
Snookerballs

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:22 am

Vam wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Vam wrote:

I read a book recently about Jaycee Duggard, who was kidnapped when she was eleven and was held captive for eighteen years.

During that time her kidnapper, kept her locked in a room and raped her countless times.

She had his first daughter when she was fourteen and his second daughter, when she was seventeen.

Despite having plenty of chances of escaping, she stayed with them and called her kidnapper and his wife "Mum and Dad"

The police got involved, when he was seen in the company of the two girls because, it breached is parole to be alone with anyone under eighteen.

She was still defending him and saying what a great man he was, when the police asked her questions.

It was only when they told her the girls would be taken into care, did she finally tell the truth.
Vicky

Postby guest » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Vam wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Vam wrote:

When I first read the story, " Stockholm Syndrome" was the thing that sprung to mind, a very strange mental problem, one relies totally on ones captor and accepts the isolation and degradation
It is now understood that this was a common problem in Prisoner of War Concentration Camps.

Victims of Domestic Violence also.

Postby Lambert » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Guest wrote:Christ, the state of that barnet. At least he'll get a haircut in prison

He should get extra time just for making his kids have the same haircut.
Lambert

Postby Vicky » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:26 pm

It seems the Turpins said goodbye to their friends on Saturday and told them they were leaving town.

I wonder if they intended on leaving the children behind to die?

$9 million dollar bail is pretty steep and by the looks of things, the sheriff doesn't want them released.
Vicky

Postby megaera » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 pm

Makes me wonder if there was some warped keeping their kids safe from the outside world cult mentality going on with the parents?
megaera

Postby Vicky » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:24 pm

megaera wrote:Makes me wonder if there was some warped keeping their kids safe from the outside world cult mentality going on with the parents?

They weren't allowed friends and home schooling meant they never mixed with their peers.

When ever they went out, they would walk in a row with the dad at the front and the mum at the back.

The woman's two sisters have said there isn't anything in her childhood, that can explain what's happened.
Vicky

Postby Nucks » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Vicks wrote:It seems the Turpins said goodbye to their friends on Saturday and told them they were leaving town.

I wonder if they intended on leaving the children behind to die?

$9 million dollar bail is pretty steep and by the looks of things, the sheriff doesn't want them released.

The John List story comes to mind. Not sure how well known it was here, but here’s a rundown:

“On November 9, 1971, List methodically murdered his entire immediate family. While his children were at school he shot his wife Helen, 46, in the back of the head, and then his mother Alma, 84, above the left eye. As his daughter Patricia, 16, and younger son Frederick, 13, arrived home from school, he shot each of them in the back of the head. After making himself lunch, List drove to his bank to close his own and his mother's bank accounts, and then to Westfield High School to watch his elder son John Jr., 15, play in a soccer game. He drove the boy home, then shot him repeatedly in the chest and face.

List placed the bodies of his wife and children on sleeping bags in the mansion's ballroom. He left his mother's body in her apartment in the attic. In a five-page letter to his pastor, found on the desk in his study, he wrote that he saw too much evil in the world, and he had killed his family to save their souls. He then cleaned the various crime scenes, carefully cut his own picture out of every family photograph in the house, tuned a radio to a religious station, and departed.

The murders were not discovered until December 7, nearly a month later, due in part to the family's reclusiveness and refusal to socialize, and in part to notes sent by List to the children's schools and part-time jobs stating that the family would be visiting Helen's mother in North Carolina for several weeks. He also stopped milk, mail and newspaper deliveries. Neighbours noticed that all of the mansion's lights were illuminated day and night, with no apparent activity within. Finally, as the lights began burning out one by one, they called police.”

He remained at large for 18 years, assuming a new identity in another part of the country.
Nucks

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms