TIME FOR A LIMIT ON THREADS?

A right load of bollocks...

TIME FOR A LIMIT ON THREADS?

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:22 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I have always used the 'Active Topics' way to enter the discussions on the site, never used the 'Board Index' to single out a specific forum like the Arms, News or Snug - unless of course I'm wanting to create a thread, then I choose the appropriate one.

This has always worked for me and seems the obvious choice for anyone wanting to see whats going on currently. The only drawback is that some posters have a propensity to start an awful lot of threads.

Now far be it for me to decide what is an important or discussion worthy issue but some of them to my mind are an absolute load of shite.

Now using the 'active topics' option, every new thread created in any forum pushes the current threads down the list until they disappear to the next page, where they rarely see the light of day again.

For people who might not visit every day or even just once a day, decent topics might not get the airing they deserve because they've fallen off the page.

So I was wondering if posters should be limited to how many threads they can start in a period of time perhaps, or have on the active topics board at any one time? ...... I don't know :dunno: but I do get the impression that just as some people like to hear the sound of their own voice, others like seeing their 'name' plastered on a screen.

Would you agree or not? and if so how would it be managed?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: TIME FOR A LIMIT ON THREADS?

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Trapper John wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I have always used the 'Active Topics' way to enter the discussions on the site, never used the 'Board Index' to single out a specific forum like the Arms, News or Snug - unless of course I'm wanting to create a thread, then I choose the appropriate one.

This has always worked for me and seems the obvious choice for anyone wanting to see whats going on currently. The only drawback is that some posters have a propensity to start an awful lot of threads.

Now far be it for me to decide what is an important or discussion worthy issue but some of them to my mind are an absolute load of shite.

Now using the 'active topics' option, every new thread created in any forum pushes the current threads down the list until they disappear to the next page, where they rarely see the light of day again.

For people who might not visit every day or even just once a day, decent topics might not get the airing they deserve because they've fallen off the page.

So I was wondering if posters should be limited to how many threads they can start in a period of time perhaps, or have on the active topics board at any one time? ...... I don't know :dunno: but I do get the impression that just as some people like to hear the sound of their own voice, others like seeing their 'name' plastered on a screen.

markey & starbold could have their own section ...

Postby Star » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I have always used the 'Active Topics' way to enter the discussions on the site, never used the 'Board Index' to single out a specific forum like the Arms, News or Snug - unless of course I'm wanting to create a thread, then I choose the appropriate one.

That would work :laughing:
Star

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Guest wrote:

You may be on to something there. :wink:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Markey mark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:11 pm

To be honest trapper John I agree with you ,I would like Point out I rather have a good debate and the shit that go on with threads , yes I put my arms up I’m guilty part, because it’s got to the stage nearly everyone just want to trolls,
Markey mark

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Markey mark wrote:

To be honest trapper John I agree with you ,I would like Point out I rather have a good debate and the shit that go on with threads , yes I put my arms up I’m guilty part, because it’s got to the stage nearly everyone just want to trolls,

Yeah, I have noticed that too. I have to admit that sometimes I've thought 'please don't post in my thread Markey, it'll just turn into a trollfest' :laughing:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Anyways I was thinking more about the Major than anyone else, he has the annoying habit of whacking out a half dozen threads a day, then fucking off without even waiting to see if he gets any response. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Markey mark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

Yeah, I have noticed that too. I have to admit that sometimes I've thought 'please don't post in my thread Markey, it'll just turn into a trollfest' :laughing:

Funny enough you said that , Reasons I don’t hardly post on your threads, I know it’s just be trolled , there’s a few posters ike yourselves that whom I respect and would not your threads ruin , it’s not nice
Markey mark

Postby Vicky » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 pm

The easy answer is to start moving them to the crap thread section.

If someone starts so many threads and can't be bothered taking part in it, why should it remain in the Arms?
Vicky

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Vicks wrote:The easy answer is to start moving them to the crap thread section.

If someone starts so many threads and can't be bothered taking part in it, why should it remain in the Arms?

that takes care of starbold.

Postby Stooo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:57 pm

Trapper John wrote:
You may be on to something there. :wink:

And it would bump to the top every time that it's posted in. Use 'view new posts' instead, it's a bit more current.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Major » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Guest wrote:

TROLLED it immediately. Guest
Major
Twat.

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Major wrote:
Guest wrote:

TROLLED it immediately. Guest

Trolled what starbold? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Major » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Trapper John wrote:Anyways I was thinking more about the Major than anyone else, he has the annoying habit of whacking out a half dozen threads a day, then fucking off without even waiting to see if he gets any response. :shake head:

I do eventually respond.

When I try for a debate which I feel others would like the regular forum trolls, McTurd and guest immediately troll, derail, destroy it so I think sod it and wander off but do come back and retaliate, surely you have seen that.
I would not retaliate if these pair of trolls behaved,
Major
Twat.

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:20 pm

Major wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Anyways I was thinking more about the Major than anyone else, he has the annoying habit of whacking out a half dozen threads a day, then fucking off without even waiting to see if he gets any response. :shake head:

I do eventually respond.

When I try for a debate which I feel others would like the regular forum trolls, McTurd and guest immediately troll, derail, destroy it so I think sod it and wander off but do come back and retaliate, surely you have seen that.
I would not retaliate if these pair of trolls behaved,

Very true starbold, I and others ask you questions which you never answer - too spineless to debate? :dunno:
McAz

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms