Viper, is the term "yid" racist?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Viper, is the term "yid" racist?

Postby Nucks » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:23 am

In the early pages of this thread, why did Viper keep saying he wasn’t permitted to discuss anti-Semitism in the Labour Party? It seemed clear the mods had no issue with him answering. Was he banned previously for similar comments?
Nucks

Postby Stooo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:31 am

Nucks wrote:In the early pages of this thread, why did Viper keep saying he wasn’t permitted to discuss anti-Semitism in the Labour Party? It seemed clear the mods had no issue with him answering. Was he banned previously for similar comments?

He was allowed to discuss it. He wasn't allowed to constantly badger other members about it on every thread that they posted.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:40 am

Stooo wrote:
Nucks wrote:In the early pages of this thread, why did Viper keep saying he wasn’t permitted to discuss anti-Semitism in the Labour Party? It seemed clear the mods had no issue with him answering. Was he banned previously for similar comments?

He was allowed to discuss it. He wasn't allowed to constantly badger other members about it on every thread that they posted.

it made the news forum not worth reading.

Postby Nucks » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:41 am

Stooo wrote:

Ah ok. Thank you. Did we ever find out if he thought Yid was racist? :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:43 am

Nucks wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Ah ok. Thank you. Did we ever find out if he thought Yid was racist? :gigglesnshit:

that could be part of the sharpie up the pooper video, he needs to write his answer. :awesome:

Postby Nucks » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:48 am

Guest wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Stooo wrote:

that could be part of the sharpie up the pooper video, he needs to write his answer. :awesome:

:gigglesnshit: one long fart for yes, two short ones for no
Nucks

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:09 pm

Vipers brief wrote:
My client wishes to inform a "Mr Avon Barksdale" that he wishes to give him his bank account details to receive what is now surely a vast sum raised through his crowd funding efforts and to ask him to '#keepthefaith' and '#believeinjustice' during these dark days.

#freeviper

Yeah, about the money. I was in the pub yesterday night, right and I was talking to this bloke about cyrptocurrency trading...

Sorry man but it doesn't look like you'll be coming back (unless you have an anal fetish.) All the best.

#forthefallen
#troll4life
#safespacesarecancer
Avon Barksdale

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Vipers brief wrote:
My client wishes to inform a "Mr Avon Barksdale" that he wishes to give him his bank account details to receive what is now surely a vast sum raised through his crowd funding efforts and to ask him to '#keepthefaith' and '#believeinjustice' during these dark days.

#freeviper

Yeah, about the money. I was in the pub yesterday night, right and I was talking to this bloke about cyrptocurrency trading...

Sorry man but it doesn't look like you'll be coming back (unless you have an anal fetish.) All the best.

#forthefallen
#troll4life
#safespacesarecancer

#justice4sharpies

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Vipers brief wrote:

#freeviper

#forthefallen
#troll4life
#safespacesarecancer

#justice4sharpies

#freethesharpieone :ooer:

Postby measurer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 pm

Nucks wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yea, Sunny who is Jewish says it isn't racist.
measurer

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:31 pm

measurer wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Avon and me said as much (depending on context) 14 pages ago. :snooty:
McAz

Postby Nucks » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:05 pm

McAz wrote:
measurer wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Is it a bit like the “n” word where it’s bad if a non-member of that group says it to/about a member, but it’s ok between fellow members?
Nucks

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:14 pm

Nucks wrote:
McAz wrote:
measurer wrote:
Nucks wrote:Ah ok. Thank you. Did we ever find out if he thought Yid was racist? :gigglesnshit:

Is it a bit like the “n” word where it’s bad if a non-member of that group says it to/about a member, but it’s ok between fellow members?

It was when I was a boy - but perhaps things are changing now with increased sensitivities. Frankly, I've always wondered why people want to call each other by a race/gender/whatever label - why risk offence?
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:45 pm

McAz wrote:
Nucks wrote:
McAz wrote:
measurer wrote:
Nucks wrote:Ah ok. Thank you. Did we ever find out if he thought Yid was racist? :gigglesnshit:

It was when I was a boy - but perhaps things are changing now with increased sensitivities. Frankly, I've always wondered why people want to call each other by a race/gender/whatever label - why risk offence?

Because they're idiots.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Hebrew » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:51 pm

It is not usually considered offensive when pronounced /ˈjiːd/ (rhyming with deed).

But it's about context.
Hebrew

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms