What Are You Drinking Right Now?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:37 am

Holly wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:A litre of water early on.
A coffee whilst I get the kids ready for school/nursery
A few more litres of water through the day.
A cup of tea or two in the evening.

I rarely drink alcohol. I had a few nights of having a glass of wine or two, or a few bottles of lager recently, but I’m back to no alcohol.

I’m not a big fan of anything fizzy.

ETA: fuck me I’m a sad cunt. How regimented is my life :thud:

I don't do fizzy either, only for mixing with.
And I don't drink nearly enough water, makes me boak, I need flavour so I'll put a drop of juice in.

Ah I love water. I have to moderate it or I could go over the top and drink too much. I carry round a bottle with the time marked at certain points, and make sure I drink no more than a litre an hour.

WHAT????? You drink a liter of water an hour? Every hour? You really need to be careful not to fuck up your kidneys ...too much of the good thing etc...

It’s my kidneys that got me into this habit. I had a kidney infection that led to sepsis. Bloody awful.
I have had advice on this though, and water intoxication happens when you drink lots in a short space of time. I was told a litre an hour should be my limit. Definitely no more. And I only do for about 8 hours a day.
NastyNickers

Postby Holly » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:51 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Holly wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:A litre of water early on.
A coffee whilst I get the kids ready for school/nursery
A few more litres of water through the day.
A cup of tea or two in the evening.

I rarely drink alcohol. I had a few nights of having a glass of wine or two, or a few bottles of lager recently, but I’m back to no alcohol.

I’m not a big fan of anything fizzy.

ETA: fuck me I’m a sad cunt. How regimented is my life :thud:

I don't do fizzy either, only for mixing with.
And I don't drink nearly enough water, makes me boak, I need flavour so I'll put a drop of juice in.

Ah I love water. I have to moderate it or I could go over the top and drink too much. I carry round a bottle with the time marked at certain points, and make sure I drink no more than a litre an hour.

WHAT????? You drink a liter of water an hour? Every hour? You really need to be careful not to fuck up your kidneys ...too much of the good thing etc...

It’s my kidneys that got me into this habit. I had a kidney infection that led to sepsis. Bloody awful.
I have had advice on this though, and water intoxication happens when you drink lots in a short space of time. I was told a litre an hour should be my limit. Definitely no more. And I only do for about 8 hours a day.

Wow, I couldn't imagine drinking 8 liters of water a day...but if it works for you and you actually like water...fair enough :thumbsup:

Do you have to get up at night a lot?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:01 am

maybe the mouse in her panties drinks it all...
:dunno:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby measurer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:01 am

Apple & Mango juice.
measurer

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:01 am

Holly wrote:Wow, I couldn't imagine drinking 8 liters of water a day...but if it works for you and you actually like water...fair enough :thumbsup:

I got used to it when I spent a few weeks in hospital, and it’s just carried on since then.
I stop after I’ve eaten my tea, and have a cup of tea or a hot chocolate. I don’t get up at all over night, but I don’t sleep all that long either :gigglesnshit:
NastyNickers

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:06 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Holly wrote:Wow, I couldn't imagine drinking 8 liters of water a day...but if it works for you and you actually like water...fair enough :thumbsup:

I got used to it when I spent a few weeks in hospital, and it’s just carried on since then.
I stop after I’ve eaten my tea, and have a cup of tea or a hot chocolate. I don’t get up at all over night, but I don’t sleep all that long either :gigglesnshit:

8 litres is double what even the most athletic people normally drink in a temperate climate - are you sure you shouldn't be seeking further advice on this?
Last edited by McAz on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Keyser » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:06 am

Big Fat Frosty wrote:maybe the mouse in her panties drinks it all...

You do know what sort of animal preys on mice! :trollface:
Keyser

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:13 am

McAz wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

8 litres is double what even the most athletic people normally drink in a temperate climate - are you sure you shouldn't be seeking further advice on this?

I’ve been drinking this much for over six years now. I was told the kidneys can process 20ish litres a day, but not all in one go. And as long as I don’t go over a litre an hour, I am good.
NastyNickers

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:18 am

Keyser wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:maybe the mouse in her panties drinks it all...

You do know what sort of animal preys on mice! :trollface:

snakes.

Postby Keyser » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:20 am

NastyNickers wrote:
McAz wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

I’ve been drinking this much for over six years now. I was told the kidneys can process 20ish litres a day, but not all in one go. And as long as I don’t go over a litre an hour, I am good.

Stay healthy NN. :cuppaT:

Night folks. :smilin:
Keyser

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:21 am

NastyNickers wrote:
McAz wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Yes, up to a litre an hour for someone with no health conditions - but we change over time and so all habits should be reviewed from time to time. But whatever floats your boat - or in this case, your kidneys. :paranoid:
McAz

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:25 am

i was told 3 litres a day
is what i should be drinking
after i had the kidney stone
a litre an hour
is excessive to say the least
Last edited by Big Fat Frosty on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Puzzler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:25 am

Jim Beam and coke on the rocks :more beer: We need a whisky smiley on here :thumbsup:
Puzzler

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:47 am

McAz wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
McAz wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Yes, up to a litre an hour for someone with no health conditions - but we change over time and so all habits should be reviewed from time to time. But whatever floats your boat - or in this case, your kidneys. :paranoid:

I’m good for now. I’m a walking health problem, but I see both a neurologist and a haematologist every 3 months and get a full MOT.
I probably sweat out half of what I drink anyway :gigglesnshit: I do an hour cardio every morning in the gym, and weight training 6 days a week. I like to keep hydrated.
NastyNickers

Postby jp761 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:41 pm

NN, How do you drink this water from a glass, a bottle, a mixture? I've heard about drinking 8 glasses of water a day, which is around what I have. But as always, whatever your experts say, is what matters the most.

Regarding the sepsis, bloody hell that is awful. I've seen someone go through that, luckily they also came out of the other end, a fair number of people obviously don't.
jp761

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms