Objectifying Women?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Objectifying Women?

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:08 pm

Dean wrote:How come Sky have banned walk on girls for Barry Hearn’s sport, Darts, but haven’t banned them for his sons sport, Boxing?

because his son is better looking
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Do they have men in swim attire at women’s boxing events, to tell us what round is coming up?
Nucks

Postby Dean » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Nucks wrote:Do they have men in swim attire at women’s boxing events, to tell us what round is coming up?

Not that I’ve noticed, no...
Dean

Postby McAz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:14 pm

Dean wrote:How come Sky have banned walk on girls for Barry Hearn’s sport, Darts, but haven’t banned them for his sons sport, Boxing?

I saw some very tasty ring girls from Texas yesterday on BoxNation. Don’t know about Sky but Warren had little choice over the presentation, even assuming he wanted to have.
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:14 pm

YET is the simple answer to that

I'm also wondering how actually committed Sky are too it, rather than just being forced to follow suit by the other broadcasters.

As Sky is pretty much the only provider of popular boxing in the UK they can pretty much please themselves, so by not doing what you said, shows they don't really give a fuck.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:15 pm

I suspect there's a few scandals brewing and getting shut of the girls is look we acted straight away after we heard rumours .... :dunno:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Dean » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Trapper John wrote:

I'm also wondering how actually committed Sky are too it, rather than just being forced to follow suit by the other broadcasters.

As Sky is pretty much the only provider of popular boxing in the UK they can pretty much please themselves, so by not doing what you said, shows they don't really give a fuck.

Box Nation is another provider for Boxing, run by Frank Warren. He has no plans to ban ring girls either.

Boxing ring girls actually wear a lot less than walk on girls too...
Dean

Postby McAz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Trapper John wrote:

BT and BoxNation - and now ITV Box Office - eclipse Sky’s coverage by a mile.
McAz

Postby McAz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:19 pm

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Box Nation is another provider for Boxing, run by Frank Warren. He has no plans to ban ring girls either.

He doesn’t, but BoxNation is a subscription only channel - as are the numerous pay-to-wank channels.
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:21 pm

McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Dean said SKY in a specific question and I said popular boxing.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I suspect there's a few scandals brewing and getting shut of the girls is look we acted straight away after we heard rumours .... :dunno:

You may well have a point ~ it’ll be interesting to see if anything like that emerges.
McAz

Postby Dean » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 pm

McAz wrote:
Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

He doesn’t, but BoxNation is a subscription only channel - as are the numerous pay-to-wank channels.

Sky Sports is subscription too, with extra costs for PPV fights. I find it odd that Sky would ban Darts walk on girls but not the Boxing ring girls...
Dean

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Nucks wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Fletch wrote:
The real reason is corporate advertising being affected by all the revelations in Hollywood and the fall out from rich men behaving badly at events. Sports drop them rather than lose revenue in case of any public backlash. The official reason seems to be 'it's not the image we want for our sport'. As someone said earlier, they all woke up one day and thought sod the tradition and decades without issue, we are going to stop having them at events. Of course they did...

So you've contradicted your earlier point about it all being contrived and unnecessary.
:woteva:

I think Fletch brings up a good point. I think this is a knock-on effect of a small group of wealthy & powerful men behaving badly which has been in the spotlight a lot recently. They are perhaps worried that similar allegations may come to light and want to head it off at the pass. It’s not surprising that many media sites have gone with it being down to the big, bad feminists because who runs these sites? Could it be rich and powerful men? Hmm.

While it is probably true that groups have lobbied in the past to change things, I haven’t seen the evidence in this case. A tweet from Women’s Sports Trust AFTER the darts decision saying they approve and Boxing and cycling could consider doing similar is hardly lobbying.

I also agree with you, LM, that things often get said to shut down actual discussion about feminism.

It is a good point. But he contradicted his previous not such a good point. At least he saw sense in the end.
Posters do like to throw the odd spanner in the works don't they? Wonder why they want to derail proper discussions on feminism, especially that so called liberal Avon. :roll:

I have a feeling most men who are up in arms about the darts and F1 girls really only care because of how these women look, and in other circumstances wouldn’t take much notice of women’s issues or loss of employment.

I've made a few posts regarding automation at the checkouts putting many women out of work and saying those poor souls are now on the dole with It's sanction mentality and so on.
Many of these women will never find an equal paypacket again.
Guys who get laid off that job are often offered other work in the warehouse ... so I'm told locally.
I did notice you said mostly but suspect you meant mainly.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Dean said SKY in a specific question and I said popular boxing.

What popular boxing does Sky provide for free - I must have missed it?
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Bullseye!

I’m surprised that people still fall for Avon’s sweetly sick, middle of the road, Googled take on things.

:doomed:
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms