Aerosol Peeler

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Aerosol Peeler

Postby McAz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:59 pm

Dean wrote:
Lambert wrote:Is Major another alter ego of that Lucien guy?

Yes...

:laughing:
McAz

Postby Lambert » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Bunch of weirdos...
Lambert

Postby jra » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Why not put speed limiters of 70mph on all road vehicles.

And three strikes and you're out, whatever the offence and you're banned from driving for life.

:thumbsup:
jra

Postby McAz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:29 pm

jra wrote:Why not put speed limiters of 70mph on all road vehicles.

And three strikes and you're out, whatever the offence and you're banned from driving for life.

Because you cannot accelerate out of trouble should the need arise.
McAz

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:44 pm

McAz wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:My friend has a portable device in his car which bleeps prior to passing a government speed money collecting apparatus

Our car has one fitted within the permanent SAT NAV as I said.

Speed camera detector units are basically useless, they just lock onto the signal given out by the camera, so these units are just telling a driver there is a detector in the vicinity, by that time your speed has been recorded

One requires a Radar Jammer unit to stop the signal however they are illegal .( even they do not work most of the time.)

Cling Film wrapped over the front and rear number plate is almost just as effective

Cling film? Hadn’t heard that. Presumably you get nicked if the police find out - or do you? Like starbold I have speed camera warnings on the sat nav but they are only as good as the provider’s database.

That is the situation,

there are three types of camera detector units, 1, works on global positioning, 2, uses a laser beam to detect camera neither of which will stop a radar camera from detecting a speeding vehicle.
3, Radar jamming unit, these are sometimes included in sat navs of dubious manufacture
Clause 17 of the Road safety bill give the Secretary of State power to prohibit the fitting or use of speed assessment equipment detection devices it defines such devices whose purpose is to interfere with equipment to assess the speed of motor vehicles

One can own a Radar Jammer but the usage is illegal

Still not sure about the cling film story though !! :kinell:
Snookerballs

Postby McAz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:50 pm

All too complicated - I think I’ll redouble my efforts to stay within the limit instead. :smilin:
McAz

Postby Sundaze » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:03 pm

McAz wrote:All too complicated - I think I’ll redouble my efforts to stay within the limit instead. :smilin:

I've just never learnt to drive, that's saved me from speeding
Sundaze

Postby McAz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:07 pm

Sundaze wrote:
McAz wrote:All too complicated - I think I’ll redouble my efforts to stay within the limit instead. :smilin:

:smilin: If you can live your life without driving then good for you ~ half the time it’s not worth the stress or expense.
McAz

Postby Sundaze » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:08 pm

McAz wrote:
Sundaze wrote:

:smilin: If you can live your life without driving then good for you ~ half the time it’s not worth the stress or expense.

My husband is a great chauffeur
Sundaze

Postby McAz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:11 pm

Sundaze wrote:
McAz wrote:
Sundaze wrote:

My husband is a great chauffeur

Always a handy thing to have. :smilin:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:17 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:My friend has a portable device in his car which bleeps prior to passing a government speed money collecting apparatus

Speed camera detector units are basically useless, they just lock onto the signal given out by the camera, so these units are just telling a driver there is a detector in the vicinity, by that time your speed has been recorded

One requires a Radar Jammer unit to stop the signal however they are illegal .( even they do not work most of the time.)

Cling Film wrapped over the front and rear number plate is almost just as effective

I've had one for ages and it's supposed to detect radar and laser bursts. You're only going to detect laser when it's directly aimed at you which means that it's too late anyway.

It's been gathering dust for years on a shelf somewhere.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:20 pm

McAz wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

Cling film? Hadn’t heard that. Presumably you get nicked if the police find out - or do you? Like starbold I have speed camera warnings on the sat nav but they are only as good as the provider’s database.

Just search your local Police authority's website for speed and safety camera partnership. It's updated daily.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:26 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

Just search your local Police authority's website for speed and safety camera partnership. It's updated daily.

It's supposed to auto update but it doesn't seem to cover handhelds, mobile vans etc. I pretty much know where the fixed cameras are. In Scotland that's easy - just about everywhere including averaged ones which go on for 10s of miles.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:50 pm

McAz wrote:

I've got a 70 mph limiter, lorries are 56 and coaches 65. Cunts hovering between 68 and 72 I can do without... :again?:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:

I've got a 70 mph limiter, lorries are 56 and coaches 65. Cunts hovering between 68 and 72 I can do without... :again?:

I know that too (my, that course I did was good) - but trucks and busses couldnt realistically accelerate out of danger in any case.

BTW, try Cumbria behind a tourist who has never driven a winding road before - A595, only major artery in the west, 30 mph. :roll:
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms