How Tall Are You?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: How Tall Are You?

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Budgie overlord wrote: :choc:
I'll decide what you are and what you are not... Coward....

I won't defend syl as she's a fanny but digger and shell have been ok with me. My puerile fun with Jo came to a natural end...

Where is Jobless Oddball these days?

Postby Text » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:01 pm

jp761 wrote:
Canary wrote:The 7 feet tall people whose pics are posted on the previous page - I feel so very sad for them :(
It was bad enough to be stared at and pointed at, everywhere they went.
But to be in such chronic pain too. Yet they remained dignified and just shrugged and got on with life as best as they could.
I salute them. Bless 'em!
I agree.

But some 7ft plus people are perfectly fine health wise, The Big Show from WWE for example, I'm not sure many people point and laugh at him. :mrgreen:

You're right, jp, ... 7 foot is within normal esp if they are quite bigboned - like giant haystacks, yes.
Correct, true Gigantism is a different matter altogether and because it's hormonal it can endanger the health in several different ways.

Once, there was a fire near a lab where I was working. Several fireman turned up - my God they were HUGE! :yikes:
All looked well over 6 feet tall - and beefy with it too !!
(In recent years I don't think height specifications play such a major part in recruitment of firefighters & police.)
Text

Postby Text » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nucks wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Canary wrote:The 7 feet tall people whose pics are posted on the previous page - I feel so very sad for them :(
But to be in such chronic pain too. Yet they remained dignified and just shrugged and got on with life as best as they could.
I agree.

But some 7ft plus people are perfectly fine health wise, The Big Show from WWE for example, I'm not sure many people point and laugh at him. :mrgreen:

Being of large stature will be different than having gigantism, which is what Sandy Allen had. She would have kept growing had it not been for surgery to remove a tumour on her pituitary gland. Many basketball players are over 7’ tall and seem to lead normal lives, other than it probably being difficult to buy clothing and footwear.

Some tall people have a condition called Marfan Syndrome. There's not much awareness of it, but it can cause other problems as well. It's a genetic, inherited, condition which affects connective tissue, and can affect the heart, eyes, and joints.

Klinefelter's is another syndrome where the men are taller than average. They have chromosommal, infertility and behavioral problems.
Marfans & Klinefelters are sometimes confused with each other, tho they have nowt whatsoever in common apart the height issue.
Text

Postby Stooo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Nothing of value was lost with the departure of any of them. I really regret some of the lengths that I went to rather than back down to those twats but they ran so many people offline, they weren't doing it to me.

When Edna got doxed and her secret bits got leaked I got a referrer to a blog commenting on it, a single line that took no pleasure in the act but it conveyed quiet satisfaction at the news. Liz, Kaitlin, all of her original enemies turned out to be quite pleasant and not mental at all, FFS, she accused me of being a raving lunatic who should be sectioned and banged up because I used to have some nasty depression :dunno:

I think that the petrol station was the line in the sand, helped along with Purr being doxed on the review site amongst the child abuse images on there. If he has got cancer then I hope he survives it, he's just a twat on the internet after all's said and done.

petrol station?

We have a search function.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby jp761 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Canary wrote:
jp761 wrote:
I agree.

You're right, jp, ... 7 foot is within normal esp if they are quite bigboned - like giant haystacks, yes.
Correct, true Gigantism is a different matter altogether and because it's hormonal it can endanger the health in several different ways.

Once, there was a fire near a lab where I was working. Several fireman turned up - my God they were HUGE! :yikes:
All looked well over 6 feet tall - and beefy with it too !!
(In recent years I don't think height specifications play such a major part in recruitment of firefighters & police.)
You were lucky then.. :laughing: As like you say height restrictions and such don't play any major part these days.

The two largest people I've ever met in my life were Geoff Capes as I've already mentioned, and a Copper at Skegness who I got talking too. I wasn't being arrested. :mrgreen: A couple of cops were patrolling outside a nightclub, a colleague of the big guy said he loved being paired with him because it made the night a bit easier, as a lot of people just didn't bother causing too much shit when a near 7ft tall and broad guy is around.
jp761

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Nothing of value was lost with the departure of any of them. I really regret some of the lengths that I went to rather than back down to those twats but they ran so many people offline, they weren't doing it to me.

When Edna got doxed and her secret bits got leaked I got a referrer to a blog commenting on it, a single line that took no pleasure in the act but it conveyed quiet satisfaction at the news. Liz, Kaitlin, all of her original enemies turned out to be quite pleasant and not mental at all, FFS, she accused me of being a raving lunatic who should be sectioned and banged up because I used to have some nasty depression :dunno:

I think that the petrol station was the line in the sand, helped along with Purr being doxed on the review site amongst the child abuse images on there. If he has got cancer then I hope he survives it, he's just a twat on the internet after all's said and done.

petrol station?

229 results, 16 pages, still none the wiser.

Postby Stooo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

petrol station?

229 results, 16 pages, still none the wiser.

It's a bit rainy, now you have a hobby :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:10 pm

Stooo wrote:

you're only acting like a twat because your onions are repeating on you.

Postby Stooo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Onions have never been an influence on my twatishness... :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

well they're having a bad effect on me. i've been through every single 1 of those bloody posts.

Postby Goodwife » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Maybe Onions is a metaphor.

Onions =JP :dunno:
Goodwife

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

petrol station?

It's a place where you go to put petrol in your vehicle

Postby Stooo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

well they're having a bad effect on me. i've been through every single 1 of those bloody posts.

Everyone's a bloody critic... :woteva:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

When you find what you are looking for can you pop a link up? Theres a good guesty
Goodwife

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Stooo wrote:Everyone's a bloody critic... :woteva:

only when you deserve it. :wubbers:

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms