Have you that FRIDAY feeling?

A right load of bollocks...

Have you that FRIDAY feeling?

Postby measurer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:43 pm

I don't know about you guys, but Fridays just aren't the same anymore, well for me anyway. Come home, make the dinner, maybe if lucky get to watch my soaps, then a walk with the dog. Even if I wanted to go out, the chances would be slim of actually being ready on time! And I admit, I'm seldom ready " on time". :shame:

I used to love a Thursday night, TOTP, and bus after to the pub for some craic with the mates, but looking in the pubs it looks like those too have diminished.

Will you be going out later, and if so, what will you be doing?
measurer

Re: Have you that FRIDAY feeling?

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:45 pm

Dean will be doxing.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:48 pm

I've not had that Friday night feeling for years!
I will stay in having a drink and chewing my nuts.
Maybe a nice beef and onion sandwich later.
Had homemade chicken soup an hour ago.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby dis » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:49 pm

I’m cheerier today than I have been in months. It’s because husband is off all weekend and we have no plans, just cosying in with a wee drink. He’s pottering about just now making my tea. :wubbers:

So that’s a kind of Friday feeling I suppose.

Next weekend I am going to Edinburgh for the weekend, I think I’ll go out to a club and have a wee jig to masel. It’s been ages since I danced my legs down to the knees.

I miss being young and going out all the time, now my kids do it and I’ve to pick them up at all hours, hanging out their arse. :woteva:

It should be me.
dis

Postby measurer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I've not had that Friday night feeling for years!

Still quite supple then? :wink:

Yea, same here Jack. I'm lucky if I can get out for a meal these days on a Friday, plus home is so much more appealing once you're inside out of the crappy weather we are having. Saturdays seem to be the night they go out these days, but I always see that as Couple's night. Now it seems to be a mixture of both.

Like a Sunday these days.
measurer

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:56 pm

Probably got grandkids staying over the weekend too which we always enjoy.
The seven year old wants to stay all next week cos she's off school now for half term.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby dis » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:58 pm

measurer wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I've not had that Friday night feeling for years!

Still quite supple then? :wink:

Yea, same here Jack. I'm lucky if I can get out for a meal these days on a Friday, plus home is so much more appealing once you're inside out of the crappy weather we are having. Saturdays seem to be the night they go out these days, but I always see that as Couple's night. Now it seems to be a mixture of both.

Like a Sunday these days.

:mrgreen:
dis

Postby measurer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Probably got grandkids staying over the weekend too which we always enjoy.
The seven year old wants to stay all next week cos she's off school now for half term.

Now, that's summat I don't have yet - grandkids, though I have step ones, but they don't need watching, as they are in their teens now. Don't know if I'll ever have any, but I love hearing my friends talk of theirs, though I don't feel I'm missing out on anything so far, well, maybe the cuddles and spoiling them!
You must be a fun grandpa, or they wouldn't want to come so much. :smilin:
measurer

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:03 pm

My Friday feeling is the same as my other weeknights. I’m up for the gym in the morning before the other half goes to work, then run around after the kids till mid afternoon.
Then they both fuck off to their grandparents and I am freeeeeee (for a night), to sit in my PJs and live the life of a slob.

NastyNickers

Postby measurer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:05 pm

NastyNickers wrote:My Friday feeling is the same as my other weeknights. I’m up for the gym in the morning before the other half goes to work, then run around after the kids till mid afternoon.
Then they both fuck off to their grandparents and I am freeeeeee (for a night), to sit in my PJs and live the life of a slob.

Already in mine!!! :yess: ( though thinking I may need to get dressed again to walk the bloody dog! ) :grrrrr:
measurer

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:05 pm

It's nice just knowing that you don't have to get up to go to work the next day I guess. I like my job well enough, but it's nice to wake up Saturday and remember that I don't have to rush around getting ready for work.

Also, if people work at weekends, they probably never have that Friday feeling. :laughing:
Raggamuffin

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:07 pm

measurer wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:My Friday feeling is the same as my other weeknights. I’m up for the gym in the morning before the other half goes to work, then run around after the kids till mid afternoon.

Already in mine!!! :yess: ( though thinking I may need to get dressed again to walk the bloody dog! ) :grrrrr:

I’m just about to put mine on m, I shove em on the radiator when I get home to warm ‘em up
Can you not stand at the back door and chuck a ball for the dog? When I can’t be fucked walking her for whatever reason, that’s our go to exercise :gigglesnshit:
NastyNickers

Postby measurer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Unfortunately NN, that would require my dog to leap about 15 feet - I'm upstairs. :yikes:

And I'm not one for shoving a coat over them whilst I walk her, so we may need to rethink that strategy. lol

And Rags? I did work Saturdays at one time, didn't matter, Friday was a night out. Just meant I was hungover at work the next day! :more beer:
measurer

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:14 pm

measurer wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Probably got grandkids staying over the weekend too which we always enjoy.

Now, that's summat I don't have yet - grandkids, though I have step ones, but they don't need watching, as they are in their teens now. Don't know if I'll ever have any, but I love hearing my friends talk of theirs, though I don't feel I'm missing out on anything so far, well, maybe the cuddles and spoiling them!
You must be a fun grandpa, or they wouldn't want to come so much. :smilin:

Yeah I get to play cards and Ludo and teach pc skills to the little one.
She's had free access to my pc since 5 years old.
If anyone ever checks my browsing history though they'll find loads of youtube's of young girls doing gymnastics :
My grandsons use is all about gaming and skateparks.
It wouldn't be difficult to come to some dodgy conclusions!
When the 15 year old is here I now make him bring his PS and phone tablet etc.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:17 pm

measurer wrote:Unfortunately NN, that would require my dog to leap about 15 feet - I'm upstairs. :yikes:

And I'm not one for shoving a coat over them whilst I walk her, so we may need to rethink that strategy. lol

And Rags? I did work Saturdays at one time, didn't matter, Friday was a night out. Just meant I was hungover at work the next day! :more beer:

Ah booo! Can you construct like a crane thing to lower the puppers down out the window? :gigglesnshit:

I generally walk mine in the morning, but it’s been so cold this week I’ve been leaving it till the afternoon. Today I sat in the car in the warm and let her swim in the lake. She’s quite happy chasing whatever is floating in it whilst I watch.
NastyNickers

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms