A right load of bollocks...

Re: Have you that FRIDAY feeling?

Postby Stooo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:31 pm

Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:
Ah I see, was bit confused at first. Condolences on the loss of your friend Ian. I wouldn’t feel bad about feeling inconvenienced by the traffic, we all do it without knowing the circumstances.

Have a glass of wine!

I'm hearing good things about meth :thumbsup:

You already have the teeth for it, so why not...

Do you have to put it up someone's bottom and sniff it out with a rolled up fiver? Asking for a friend... :ooer:

Meth is usually smoked, but can be crushed and snorted. A table top is preferable to an arse though...

Every day's a school day.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:46 pm

Stooo wrote:I lost a friend this morning, they found him in his car.

I got into work and found out that there was an accident on the M5 between Wellington and Taunton that had closed the motorway, PITA but A303 will only add about fifteen minutes to the journey, I've got a quiet day so IDGAF. The radio reports that it will all be open by two, bonus!

I coast around a bit and the radio tells me that the road is to be closed for the meanwhile, hours probably. Fuck. I get finished ASAP and start on the lanes and backroads between Bridgwater and Taunton with a view of getting onto the Illminster road and the glory of the A303! After the hair raising yumpy (yump is a word, look it up) ride across the Levels I got to the tarmac grail, glory be. Got to the 303 only to be told that it's solid all the way to Honiton, the radio sparks up with news that plod are opening the South side at 4pm, it's half 3 and the traffic is going to be shit so I do a 180 back to Taunton.

After some truly awful traffic I get to the J25 turnoff just past Henlake and the cones are still up, a couple of traffic officers are wandering around and I get blocked by two recovery trucks who have a five minute chat with the officers, they are carrying three cars and a van, these are vehicles that have been in the incident and need to be taken back to an investigation place that I assume is at Wellington. I ask the officers what the plan is, plod said four and it's now four thirty, they said that plod weren't clearing the road of debris and it will be around five before it's back open. With the state of all the roads in and out of the area considered I decided to give up and have a maccieD's rather than bother cooking when I get home, I had a nice chat with the lady who brought me my food in a McDonalds, WTF? And got back to good old J25.

Which had miraculously just been opened at ten past five. Got back, moaned and whinged with the rest of us who had got inconvenienced by something that happened at around seven this morning.

I got home and booted up, already disturbed by the vehicles on the recovery lorries and the rumours back at the depot.

Her name was Elaina Beard, she was 29. She hit the central reservation and got out of the car apparently dazed and was repeatedly hit and driven over by several vehicles, it is not known if all of them stopped after the accident.

All things considered, I had a pretty fine Friday.

Oh man what a terrible day.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:51 pm

dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:
Ah I see, was bit confused at first. Condolences on the loss of your friend Ian. I wouldn’t feel bad about feeling inconvenienced by the traffic, we all do it without knowing the circumstances.

Have a glass of wine!

I'm hearing good things about meth :thumbsup:

You already have the teeth for it, so why not...

Do you have to put it up someone's bottom and sniff it out with a rolled up fiver? Asking for a friend... :ooer:

Tenner or it doesn’t work, so I’ve heard.

try snorting that through a bloody app or contactless card.

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:01 am

Guest wrote:
dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I suppose you could press it up against the cheeks/crack to create a bum crack straw.
NastyNickers

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:04 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:
dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I suppose you could press it up against the cheeks/crack to create a bum crack straw.

:ooer:

Postby dis » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:06 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:
dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Sellotape?
dis

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:08 am

dis wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:
dis wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Sellotape?

Only at night time. :ooer:
NastyNickers

Postby Trapper John » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:05 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I've not had that Friday night feeling for years!
I will stay in having a drink and chewing my nuts.
Maybe a nice beef and onion sandwich later.
Had homemade chicken soup an hour ago.

Chewing your nuts eh .... can that decrepit old back of yours get down that far these days?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Dean » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:08 am

Trapper John wrote:

Chewing your nuts eh .... can that decrepit old back of yours get down that far these days?

It makes it easier for him when he takes his teeth out...
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:12 am

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

It makes it easier for him when he takes his teeth out...

I see, he like leaves them there hanging on whilst he carries on watching TV. Yep I can see that working.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:17 am

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:

I got into work and found out that there was an accident on the M5 between Wellington and Taunton that had closed the motorway, PITA but A303 will only add about fifteen minutes to the journey, I've got a quiet day so IDGAF. The radio reports that it will all be open by two, bonus!

I coast around a bit and the radio tells me that the road is to be closed for the meanwhile, hours probably. Fuck. I get finished ASAP and start on the lanes and backroads between Bridgwater and Taunton with a view of getting onto the Illminster road and the glory of the A303! After the hair raising yumpy (yump is a word, look it up) ride across the Levels I got to the tarmac grail, glory be. Got to the 303 only to be told that it's solid all the way to Honiton, the radio sparks up with news that plod are opening the South side at 4pm, it's half 3 and the traffic is going to be shit so I do a 180 back to Taunton.

After some truly awful traffic I get to the J25 turnoff just past Henlake and the cones are still up, a couple of traffic officers are wandering around and I get blocked by two recovery trucks who have a five minute chat with the officers, they are carrying three cars and a van, these are vehicles that have been in the incident and need to be taken back to an investigation place that I assume is at Wellington. I ask the officers what the plan is, plod said four and it's now four thirty, they said that plod weren't clearing the road of debris and it will be around five before it's back open. With the state of all the roads in and out of the area considered I decided to give up and have a maccieD's rather than bother cooking when I get home, I had a nice chat with the lady who brought me my food in a McDonalds, WTF? And got back to good old J25.

Which had miraculously just been opened at ten past five. Got back, moaned and whinged with the rest of us who had got inconvenienced by something that happened at around seven this morning.

I got home and booted up, already disturbed by the vehicles on the recovery lorries and the rumours back at the depot.

Her name was Elaina Beard, she was 29. She hit the central reservation and got out of the car apparently dazed and was repeatedly hit and driven over by several vehicles, it is not known if all of them stopped after the accident.

Was the friend the girl in the picture? Only you said ‘him’ in your first line?

No. My friend Ian was discovered dead in his car this morning, that's all I know. I posted the monologue because I feel really shit for being pissed off about being inconvenienced by a person who had been laminated into the motorway and how flippant I had been about it. I just wanted to get it off of my chest.

Just one of the reasons I don't drive for a living anymore.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Nucks » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:34 am

I work on Saturdays and Fridays I’m up at 4, then off to work a few jobs and don’t generally get in until 4 or 5 so I’m pretty knackered and ready for bed by 8. :gigglesnshit: I go to the pub once in a while on a Saturday night but not very late.
Nucks

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:51 am

Sorry about your friend - that's very sad.

As for Elaina Beard, they're looking for the people who drove over her and carried on. It probably wasn't their fault but they should have stopped.
Raggamuffin

Postby Goodwife » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:56 am

In the news a little while back there was a story about a guy who had ended up being run over hundreds of times and it said that many of them wouldn't have known what they were going over :shake head:

Just the thought is sickening but surely if the first one who hit her had stopped it would have made it harder for others to do so.

Very sad and must be pretty distressing for her family knowing she did in a horrendus way.
Goodwife

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Goodwife wrote:In the news a little while back there was a story about a guy who had ended up being run over hundreds of times and it said that many of them wouldn't have known what they were going over :shake head:

Just the thought is sickening but surely if the first one who hit her had stopped it would have made it harder for others to do so.

Very sad and must be pretty distressing for her family knowing she did in a horrendus way.

I find that very odd. When I'm driving and there's the slightest bump in the road, I worry about what I've gone over - of course it's potholes or drains or whatever. How can someone run over a person and not realise? Don't they even look in their mirror to see what it was?
Raggamuffin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms