Guest Posting

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Nucks » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:34 am

jra wrote:Individuality + anonymity = registered user. :thumbsup:

Non-individuality + anonymity = guest. Thumbs down.

I really don't see the problem with signing up as an anonymous member. It makes life simpler for posting anyway, i.e. no waiting for posts to be approved, no CAPTCHAS and in my case nobody else can register my DS name and impersonate me or worse.

Worse than impersonating you?! :yikes:

:thud:

:mrgreen: :razz: j/k
Nucks

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:03 am

J + R + A = attention-at-any-price-every-woman-has-her-price-the-bitch-pulled-my-hair-cos-I-told-her-she-was-pretty

Postby Major » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:33 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Major wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Major wrote:IMHO Guests do have usual names we would recognise but as cowards they dare not use them as usage would show their forum history.

You're just a whiney old bigoted prick that doesn't like being pulled up over what you are. :hand:

i know exactly that which I am and PROUD of it, not a yellow cowardly white feather spalpine who hides.

No such thing as a spalpine.
English really isn't your first language.

I cannot believe you of all people does not know spalpine, Rolly
Major
Twat.

Postby mavis cruet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:14 pm

I have got used to Guests posting as it is obviously part of the forum but i still find it confusing! It took me 2 weeks to realise that Dean guest posted ! :oops: .
I can recognise some members when they post as guests and vice versa .
IF i had a choice i would rather people post under recognisable username as DD said , very well, upthread.
Dogs rule are dogs rules though, so i am happy to abide by them. :smilin:
mavis cruet

Postby Dean » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:19 pm

mavis cruet wrote:I have got used to Guests posting as it is obviously part of the forum but i still find it confusing! It took me 2 weeks to realise that Dean guest posted ! :oops: .
IF i had a choice i would rather people post under recognisable username as DD said , very well, upthread.

When did I post as a guest?
Dean

Postby mavis cruet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Dean wrote:
mavis cruet wrote:I have got used to Guests posting as it is obviously part of the forum but i still find it confusing! It took me 2 weeks to realise that Dean guest posted ! :oops: .

Hi. I cannot be bothered to trawl, but it was during one of your spats with JP. A guest made post that i found highly amusing, and then maybe a week or so later you, as Dean, made a similarly worded post, that was also amusing...so.....guessed it was you all along. Am i wrong and you don't ever guest post then? :gigglesnshit:
mavis cruet

Postby Dean » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:29 pm

mavis cruet wrote:
Dean wrote:

Hi. I cannot be bothered to trawl, but it was during one of your spats with JP. A guest made post that i found highly amusing, and then maybe a week or so later you, as Dean, made a similarly worded post, that was also amusing...so.....guessed it was you all along. Am i wrong and you don't ever guest post then? :gigglesnshit:

Highly unlikely it was me who made the initial guest post, I just probably copied it to claim credit...

I honestly don’t remember posting as a Guest since I’ve returned, other than maybe when I was banned... I’m not one to back myself up if I’m having a disagreement, and I stay logged in constantly...
Dean

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:33 pm

how do you stay logged in?

I click the box for it but every time I close the page I get logged out

and despite what anyone thinks or says I never guest post, I have no fear saying whatever I feel in my own name, and I don't need backup (good job really :mrgreen: )
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby dis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:how do you stay logged in?

and despite what anyone thinks or says I never guest post, I have no fear saying whatever I feel in my own name, and I don't need backup (good job really :mrgreen: )

I get logged out on my phone if I close the page. I don’t know how to stay logged in either.
dis

Postby Dean » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:38 pm

I use my phone, if I close the page and open it again the next day I’m still logged in. It’s only if switch from WiFi to mobile data that it logs me out, but I rarely look at this place if I’m not at home so it never happens.
Dean

Postby mavis cruet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Dean wrote:
mavis cruet wrote:
Dean wrote:

Highly unlikely it was me who made the initial guest post, I just probably copied it to claim credit...

I honestly don’t remember posting as a Guest since I’ve returned, other than maybe when I was banned... I’m not one to back myself up if I’m having a disagreement, and I stay logged in constantly...

No, i can see that you most definitely do not need back up during a spat! :smilin: I was thinking more of guest posting to stir the pot, but if you say you don't then i will believe you. Apologies for suggesting you do. :cool:

Hobbit Feet, i always get logged out as soon as i leave the page as well. Also, for what it is worth i do not think you guest post.
mavis cruet

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:43 pm

Sorry but I’m calling bullshit on this. You definitely guest post at times 100%

Vam has to be the funniest denier on here though. The claim that she can’t post as a guest because on some of them she writes Vam NLI foools no one. Surprised she even thought people would buy that line.

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:49 pm

dis wrote:

I get logged out on my phone if I close the page. I don’t know how to stay logged in either.

Yeah I get logged out if I switch from WiFi to 4g.

I know I’d stand out a fucking mile if I posted as a guest. I have my very own brand of “makes no fucking sense”, and ridiculous typos and autocorrect disasters.
Sometimes I read back my own posts and want the ground to swallow me :gigglesnshit:
NastyNickers

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:52 pm

Guest wrote:

Vam has to be the funniest denier on here though. The claim that she can’t post as a guest because on some of them she writes Vam NLI foools no one. Surprised she even thought people would buy that line.

Since I signed up I have maybe guest posted 5/6 times and every time I put HobbitNLI, only then because I have typed some crap out before I realised I wasn't logged in

Admin will be able to confirm 100% that any guest posts that have a valid IP address are NEVER me, proxy IP's are different, nobody can confirm them, but seriously who could be fucking arsed

so call bullshit all you like, but what do I have to gain by guest posting? I mean you are perfectly placed to explain as you are posting as a guest
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Guest wrote:

VamthisVamthatVam...blah.... :woteva: When are you guys going to start obsessing over someone else?

How about you log in, sweetie? Oh...wait...Vic bopped your arse ages ago, didn't she. Had a gutful of your 4 usernames + over 500 Guest posts talking to yourself and spouting the same old shite :mrgreen:
Vam

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms