Guest Posting

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Guest Posting

Postby measurer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:23 pm

thegoodolddays wrote:
Mekon wrote:Guest posting is a welcome feature of this forum and should continue.


guest posts are moderated now so not nearly as fun as they used to be



I disagree, plus you need to moderate them - some idiots think they can say and do illegal things and without mods, it would hit the screen. There are reasons that is in place.
“Originality always wins over copycats in the final run as copycats have limited prowess to ideate and craft.”

Anuj Somany
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8642
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Stooo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:02 pm

thegoodolddays wrote:
Mekon wrote:Guest posting is a welcome feature of this forum and should continue.


guest posts are moderated now so not nearly as fun as they used to be


Yeah, constant spamming by Wholewit and regular doxing was so much fun.

Cunt.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 78916
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Guest Posting

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 pm

measurer wrote:
thegoodolddays wrote:
Mekon wrote:Guest posting is a welcome feature of this forum and should continue.


guest posts are moderated now so not nearly as fun as they used to be



I disagree, plus you need to moderate them - some idiots think they can say and do illegal things and without mods, it would hit the screen. There are reasons that is in place.


Yeah exactly. Someone snuck through an image they shouldn’t have the other day. It’d be a free for all without the 4 of you giving up your time for us.
Last edited by NastyNickers on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Dean » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 pm

Stooo wrote:
thegoodolddays wrote:
Mekon wrote:Guest posting is a welcome feature of this forum and should continue.


guest posts are moderated now so not nearly as fun as they used to be


Yeah, constant spamming by Wholewit and regular doxing was so much fun.

Cunt.


Ah, the good old days... :wubbers:
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 23998
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Poca » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:
thegoodolddays wrote:
Mekon wrote:Guest posting is a welcome feature of this forum and should continue.


guest posts are moderated now so not nearly as fun as they used to be


Yeah, constant spamming by Wholewit and regular doxing was so much fun.

Cunt.


Ah, the good old days... :wubbers:


:gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Poca
 
Posts: 13608
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 pm

Stooo wrote:
thegoodolddays wrote:
Mekon wrote:Guest posting is a welcome feature of this forum and should continue.


guest posts are moderated now so not nearly as fun as they used to be


Yeah, constant spamming by Wholewit and regular doxing was so much fun.

Cunt.


Some.
Things.
Cannot.
Be.
Unseen.

I think guest posting is great but yeah, the un-moderated stuff could be a bit special.
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 6802
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Holly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:03 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Stooo wrote:
thegoodolddays wrote:
Mekon wrote:Guest posting is a welcome feature of this forum and should continue.


guest posts are moderated now so not nearly as fun as they used to be


Yeah, constant spamming by Wholewit and regular doxing was so much fun.

Cunt.


Some.
Things.
Cannot.
Be.
Unseen.

I think guest posting is great but yeah, the un-moderated stuff could be a bit special.


Hiya Avon :Hiya:

Meant to reply to you in the Golliwog thread but it got locked...which was probably a good thing.

We couldn't possibly have an un-moderated forum, imagine all the spam porn alone :kinell: .. death threats etc and like Stooo said, the doxing attempts.
No way jose!
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Maddog » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:05 am

I post on a forum that has a few members from here. There's no guest posting and it's as lively as this forum.

I think when you tell people that you either log in or you can't post, most will log in. The reason they don't here is because they don't have to.
The government should be a referee. It should never be a player on anyone's team.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 31841
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 am

Maddog wrote:I post on a forum that has a few members from here. There's no guest posting and it's as lively as this forum.

I think when you tell people that you either log in or you can't post, most will log in. The reason they don't here is because they don't have to.


It would be interesting to see which 'new' faces' would pop up if guest posting was switched off for a spell.
The members who post as guests would just make up new IDs, if they could be bothered.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 19325
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:40 am

Maddog wrote:I post on a forum that has a few members from here. There's no guest posting and it's as lively as this forum.

I think when you tell people that you either log in or you can't post, most will log in. The reason they don't here is because they don't have to.


What forum is that? I might join up
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:43 am

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:I post on a forum that has a few members from here. There's no guest posting and it's as lively as this forum.

I think when you tell people that you either log in or you can't post, most will log in. The reason they don't here is because they don't have to.


What forum is that? I might join up


:gigglesnshit: funny!
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 19325
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Puzzler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Maddog wrote:I post on a forum that has a few members from here. There's no guest posting and it's as lively as this forum.

I think when you tell people that you either log in or you can't post, most will log in. The reason they don't here is because they don't have to.

Newsfix?
TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT 2020.:more beer:
User avatar
Puzzler
 
Posts: 5819
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:07 pm
Location: A brave new world

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Stooo wrote:
thegoodolddays wrote:
Mekon wrote:Guest posting is a welcome feature of this forum and should continue.


guest posts are moderated now so not nearly as fun as they used to be


Yeah, constant spamming by Wholewit and regular doxing was so much fun.

Cunt.


Some.
Things.
Cannot.
Be.
Unseen.

I think guest posting is great but yeah, the un-moderated stuff could be a bit special.


Hiya Avon :Hiya:

Meant to reply to you in the Golliwog thread but it got locked...which was probably a good thing.

We couldn't possibly have an un-moderated forum, imagine all the spam porn alone :kinell: .. death threats etc and like Stooo said, the doxing attempts.
No way jose!


Hey Holls.

Yeah, it would be a disaster zone so there must be some moderation in place. It's a shame in a way as free flowing guest posting can be hilarious and often enlightening. Personally, I think someone should be able to say pretty much anything (expect for direct calls for violence etc) as long as there is an equal right to respond to it but I guess in practice that would be a hard thing to achieve.

Thanks to you and the other Mods for allowing us a place to talk rubbish though!
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 6802
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Canary » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:42 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Stooo wrote:
thegoodolddays wrote:
guest posts are moderated now so not nearly as fun as they used to be


Yeah, constant spamming by Wholewit and regular doxing was so much fun.

Cunt.


Some.
Things.
Cannot.
Be.
Unseen.

I think guest posting is great but yeah, the un-moderated stuff could be a bit special.


Hiya Avon :Hiya:

Meant to reply to you in the Golliwog thread but it got locked...which was probably a good thing.

We couldn't possibly have an un-moderated forum, imagine all the spam porn alone :kinell: .. death threats etc and like Stooo said, the doxing attempts.
No way jose!


Hey Holls.

Yeah, it would be a disaster zone so there must be some moderation in place. It's a shame in a way as free flowing guest posting can be hilarious and often enlightening. Personally, I think someone should be able to say pretty much anything (expect for direct calls for violence etc) as long as there is an equal right to respond to it but I guess in practice that would be a hard thing to achieve.


Thanks to you and the other Mods for allowing us a place to talk rubbish though!


And Vicky is bereaved, just read it in the snug.
She posted about it and no one saw it, so no one replied.
Just the facts, ma'am.
User avatar
Canary
 
Posts: 18543
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: Guest Posting

Postby Major » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Guests are yellow white feather cowards IMHO.

They keep their anonymity, say anything they wish, troll full time, stir the sh**, call names, insult, try to get others banned and above all are protected by the GUEST SYSTEM by generally agreeing with management.
They can be banned and spring up again and again.
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST.
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 1900
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Keyser, Mickyboy, Ray of Sunshine and 21 guests