Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Mickyboy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:06 pm

I see the English thug fans did themselves proud yet again in Amsterdam bloody idiots.........but just wait until they come up against the Russian ultras at the WC .........bcos after this I've got no sympathy for them anymore........ :slap:
Mickyboy

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:24 am

More than a hundred English louts were arrested after going on the rampage on Friday night in Holland.

The biggest number of arrests in years and after the England fans shocking behaviour in Germany last year, it's being suggested countries will stop inviting England over for "Friendlies"

Of course England were only one game away from being kicked out the Euro 2016, due to they're thuggish behaviour.

If they try anything in Russia they'll be coming home in body-bags.

Some will still try it though, because the Sassenachs think they're well ard.

:lol:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:28 am

The England fans even caused trouble when they came to Scotland a few years ago to play us in a friendly.

The Nigel's were singing IRA songs to try and antagonise the Celtic fans who were at the game.

The Scottish fans were praised for showing great restraint.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:01 am

Talking of Celtic..

Arsenal have approached them over Brendan Rodgers.

So much for Luis Enrique being the Gunners next boss.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:04 am

It was to be expected that Scotland would lose against Costa Rica after Big Eck played eight uncapped youngsters in the squad.

These two friendlies are more experimental than 'Let's try and win'
Vicky

Postby Jobless Oddball. » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:45 am

Mickyboy wrote:I see the English thug fans did themselves proud yet again in Amsterdam bloody idiots.........but just wait until they come up against the Russian ultras at the WC .........bcos after this I've got no sympathy for them anymore........ :slap:

Anymore?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Why did you have sympathy for people who cause indiscriminate violence??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jobless Oddball.

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:03 am

Hello Odds, it's nice to see you!

:Hiya:
Vicky

Postby Jobless Oddball. » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:13 am

Vicks wrote:It was to be expected that Scotland would lose against Costa Rica after Big Eck played eight uncapped youngsters in the squad.

I have never understood why international managers give an uncapped 30 year old a game in a friendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball.

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:23 am

Jobless Oddball. wrote:
Vicks wrote:It was to be expected that Scotland would lose against Costa Rica after Big Eck played eight uncapped youngsters in the squad.

I have never understood why international managers give an uncapped 30 year old a game in a friendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a strange thing to do, you would have thought if he hadn't been capped by then, there would be a good reason.

He's probably hopeless.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:13 am

Just thought I'd bring the thread back to the front page.

England play Italy tonight in the second of the 'friendly games' this week. :bored:

Anyway, we're back to the Premier league this weekend, thank goodness. :header:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:20 am

So I watched bits and pieces of last nights game and nothing for me has really changed, we're still miles away from being a team others will worry about.

Defensively we appear a little better but up front we're still as shite as ever, Southgate is not a manager who'll take chances.

The quick thinking goal from a dead ball was a nice touch but overall we are no closer to scoring from open play than we ever were.

This might not have been a starting line up as far as strikers go, but it doesn't matter - nothing makes me think anything will change when we reach the competition, in fact it will be worse - the overriding fact is that once your Harry Kanes, Marcus Rashfords, Jamie Vardys etc., stick on an England shirt, they turn to shit.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:53 am

UEFA are introducing sweeping changes for next season's European competitions. We already know that Premier league teams have been granted their fourth spot without the need to qualify but there were other things decided at those meetings which are just coming to light.

The biggest of these are as follows:

Clubs will be able to name 12 substitutes on the bench, up from the 7 currently and they will be able to use 4 in the game now instead of 3. This apparently is what happens in the FA Cup now, which I didn't know. :dunno:

Also from next season, teams progressing and playing after the January window closes will be able to name 3 'new players' to their European line-ups, effectively doing away with 'cup tied' players. This season for example, Philipe Coutinho for Barcelona and Pierre Aubameyang for Arsenal would have been eligable to play for their new clubs under the new rules.

Other changes for UEFA's benefit have been made with starting times. At present all champions league games kick off at 8:00pm after the group stages. In the past however, clubs have sidelined the UEFA rule that no domestic game can played at the same time as a European game, by playing earlier in the evening. UEFA now plan to schedule two ties to be played at 6:00pm as they are now in the group stages of the Europa league.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:01 am

Just going back to last night's game - that VAR decision was woeful.

It strikes me now that once it's introduced full time, almost every goal will now be looked at before it is awarded. There is supposed to be a clear and obvious error for ref to call for a video re-look, last night it was far from that.

In fact the ref had a very good, unobstructed view and even the Italian players were looking for a corner from the incident, not a penalty. The ref seemed very happy he'd made the right decision but after some seconds, he halted the game to review the video and then gave a penalty.

If this sort of thing isn't nipped in the bud, it's going to ruin our game as a spectacle. I can see a stop/start stop/start game taking the place of our free flowing one as every decision will be challenged.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:02 am

Trapper John wrote:UEFA are introducing sweeping changes for next season's European competitions. We already know that Premier league teams have been granted their fourth spot without the need to qualify but there were other things decided at those meetings which are just coming to light.

Clubs will be able to name 12 substitutes on the bench, up from the 7 currently and they will be able to use 4 in the game now instead of 3. This apparently is what happens in the FA Cup now, which I didn't know. :dunno:

Also from next season, teams progressing and playing after the January window closes will be able to name 3 'new players' to their European line-ups, effectively doing away with 'cup tied' players. This season for example, Philipe Coutinho for Barcelona and Pierre Aubameyang for Arsenal would have been eligable to play for their new clubs under the new rules.

Other changes for UEFA's benefit have been made with starting times. At present all champions league games kick off at 8:00pm after the group stages. In the past however, clubs have sidelined the UEFA rule that no domestic game can played at the same time as a European game, by playing earlier in the evening. UEFA now plan to schedule two ties to be played at 6:00pm as they are now in the group stages of the Europa league.

The FA introduced the 4th sub for extra time at the start of the season.
At present CL matches start at 19.45, EL matches start at 18.00 and 20.00.
Hth

Postby Trapper John » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:15 am

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:UEFA are introducing sweeping changes for next season's European competitions. We already know that Premier league teams have been granted their fourth spot without the need to qualify but there were other things decided at those meetings which are just coming to light.

The FA introduced the 4th sub for extra time at the start of the season.
At present CL matches start at 19.45, EL matches start at 18.00 and 20.00.
Hth

Not really

I admitted I didn't know about the 4th sub in the FA cup, probably because after Arsenal's exit, it didn't interest me. The rest is pretty much what I said. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive