Arsene Wenger

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Goodwife » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:47 pm

Arsene Wenger wrote:We have the quality.... :nelix:

In what? The arse's duvet coat ?
Goodwife

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:30 am

Won't be doing match reports for the remainder of the season, disillusioned with the game in general and Arsenal in particular.

To be honest after watching a succession of poor, apathetic, uninspiring, woeful performances this year, I had already given up on this season and hope that come the summer Wenger will go and be replaced with someone who can inspire the players we want to keep and ship out the lazy, lack lustre dross Wenger has allowed to continue to play for the club.

I won't even comment on the dire performance yesterday, it spoke for itself as did the Europa league game in the week. The fact that over both those games almost our entire squad was used, shows just how far spread and deep rooted the cancer is at the club.

My disillusion with the game though is almost but not quite matched by that of Arsenal, VAR will achieve nothing all the while the offside rule stays as it is and VAR officials are loathe to go against on site officials decisions unless glaring errors occur.

Linesmen waving offside for a hair being beyond the last defender isn't right and inconsistent decisions during a game and even across the sport are making results the prerogative of refs and linesmen instead of the players.

I've already proved the pundits bollox about 'things evening themselves out over a season' to be completre rubbish and their tripe about needing 'controversy' to keep the game alive - the only thing controversy keeps alive is their nicely paid jobs.

The game is becoming more contrived by the week, we are almost at a stage where you can pick the winner of the title before a ball has been kicked as we've seen this season, the game isn't a sport anymore it's a huge multi billion pound business with the Premier league heirarchy chosing what's best for the league and it's shareholders over the sport itself.

Going back to Arsenal, for me It wouldn't matter if the team won every game we played from now until the end of the season, the fact is Wenger has allowed a succession of players to perform when they fancy for too many years and it's become an ingrained habit now, part of the club's culture - that has to be broken and Wenger isn't the man to do it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Holly » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:35 am

Goodwife wrote:

What team to you support GW?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:02 am

Holly wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

What team to you support GW?

I doubt it supports a team, just like the guests who will only pop up in the thread for a gloat. :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Dean » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:10 am

We lost 2-0 at home to bottom of the league to put us back in the relegation zone. Being an Arsenal fan would be a blessing at the moment... :shake head:
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 am

Dean wrote:We lost 2-0 at home to bottom of the league to put us back in the relegation zone. Being an Arsenal fan would be a blessing at the moment... :shake head:

We all have our crosses to bear :bawlin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Punk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:21 am

Trapper John wrote:Won't be doing match reports for the remainder of the season, disillusioned with the game in general and Arsenal in particular.

To be honest after watching a succession of poor, apathetic, uninspiring, woeful performances this year, I had already given up on this season and hope that come the summer Wenger will go and be replaced with someone who can inspire the players we want to keep and ship out the lazy, lack lustre dross Wenger has allowed to continue to play for the club.

I won't even comment on the dire performance yesterday, it spoke for itself as did the Europa league game in the week. The fact that over both those games almost our entire squad was used, shows just how far spread and deep rooted the cancer is at the club.

My disillusion with the game though is almost but not quite matched by that of Arsenal, VAR will achieve nothing all the while the offside rule stays as it is and VAR officials are loathe to go against on site officials decisions unless glaring errors occur.

Linesmen waving offside for a hair being beyond the last defender isn't right and inconsistent decisions during a game and even across the sport are making results the prerogative of refs and linesmen instead of the players.

I've already proved the pundits bollox about 'things evening themselves out over a season' to be completre rubbish and their tripe about needing 'controversy' to keep the game alive - the only thing controversy keeps alive is their nicely paid jobs.

The game is becoming more contrived by the week, we are almost at a stage where you can pick the winner of the title before a ball has been kicked as we've seen this season, the game isn't a sport anymore it's a huge multi billion pound business with the Premier league heirarchy chosing what's best for the league and it's shareholders over the sport itself.

Going back to Arsenal, for me It wouldn't matter if the team won every game we played from now until the end of the season, the fact is Wenger has allowed a succession of players to perform when they fancy for too many years and it's become an ingrained habit now, part of the club's culture - that has to be broken and Wenger isn't the man to do it.

As performances go, they were terrible. Was quite sad to see. Question is who will take over after AW? I had Wagner at 125-1 3 years ago to be Arsenal Manager within 5 years. 25 months to go. Cheeky tenner.
Punk

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:36 am

Punk wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Won't be doing match reports for the remainder of the season, disillusioned with the game in general and Arsenal in particular.

As performances go, they were terrible. Was quite sad to see. Question is who will take over after AW? I had Wagner at 125-1 3 years ago to be Arsenal Manager within 5 years. 25 months to go. Cheeky tenner.

There is significant talk about Mikel Arteta if Wenger goes in an orderly fashion at the end of the season.

No management experience but that won't bother the Board, you almost wonder if him leaving and going to City at Guardiola's request was a 'planned' move?

Where he differs from all the other players who left/forced to seek out new careers after Arsenal, he's never said a word about Wenger or his time at Arsenal and never been derogatory.

I wouldn't mind him actually, he isn't someone who takes 'slackers' lightly and if Guardiola's methods are going to be the new 'big thing' in the Premier league, then who better to bring a bit of insight. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Punk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:40 am

Trapper John wrote:
Punk wrote:

There is significant talk about Mikel Arteta if Wenger goes in an orderly fashion at the end of the season.

No management experience but that won't bother the Board, you almost wonder if him leaving and going to City at Guardiola's request was a 'planned' move?

Where he differs from all the other players who left/forced to seek out new careers after Arsenal, he's never said a word about Wenger or his time at Arsenal and never been derogatory.

I wouldn't mind him actually, he isn't someone who takes 'slackers' lightly and if Guardiola's methods are going to be the new 'big thing' in the Premier league, then who better to bring a bit of insight. :dunno:

Plus when you look at Man City last season, what were they missing compared to this season. Arteta.
Punk

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:20 am

Punk wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Punk wrote:

Plus when you look at Man City last season, what were they missing compared to this season. Arteta.

Yeah, and apply that also to the free fall we've been in since the start of this season minus Arteta, makes you wonder.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Mickyboy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:31 am

I watched a bit of the league cup final yesterday and it struck me that all wanker Wilshere does is fall over looking for a free kick, or does he gets injured that easily, but he really is a big cry baby and has no place on the pitch imo, but Harry Kane on the other hand is the complete package, best striker in the country as he proved yet again yesterday against the bus of lowly Palace and very much up there with the best in Europe, and Spurs fans are proud to call him one of our own........ :header: :yess:
Mickyboy

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:37 am

Just going back to yesterday's game like I said I wouldn't I just wanted to point out a glaring inconsitency which officals are making more and more these days, not just in the game as a whole but also in the same game.

This happened before the first goal and the outcome needs to be forgotten here. The fact is Mustafi was shoved from behind by Aguero, a close up replay clearly showed him eye up the ball trajectory then Mustafi, then deliberately shove the defender to get access to the ball.

It doesn't matter whether the shove was hard or not, it was a shove from behind, unbalancing the player and should have been penalised. Later during that game, the exact same thing happened - this time it was a shove of similar force on Sane almost the exact thing which happened to Mustafi except where it occurred. The ref blew for a foul and it was in a dangerous postion, it came to nothing but even if refs can't agree amongst themselves at meetings, they can at least apply the same laws in the one game they are refereeing. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:39 am

Mickyboy wrote:I watched a bit of the league cup final yesterday and it struck me that all wanker Wilshere does is fall over looking for a free kick, or does he gets injured that easily, but he really is a big cry baby and has no place on the pitch imo, but Harry Kane on the other hand is the complete package, best striker in the country as he proved yet again yesterday against the bus of lowly Palace and very much up there with the best in Europe, and Spurs fans are proud to call him one of our own........ :header: :yess:

Of course they are, coz without him you'd be worse than us.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Mickyboy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:41 am

Trapper John wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:I watched a bit of the league cup final yesterday and it struck me that all wanker Wilshere does is fall over looking for a free kick, or does he gets injured that easily, but he really is a big cry baby and has no place on the pitch imo, but Harry Kane on the other hand is the complete package, best striker in the country as he proved yet again yesterday against the bus of lowly Palace and very much up there with the best in Europe, and Spurs fans are proud to call him one of our own........ :header: :yess:

Of course they are, coz without him you'd be worse than us.

Doubt it TJ bcos we have Sonny, Eriksen and Dele Alli in reserve........whom have u got............ :dunno: :gigglesnshit:
Mickyboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive