Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Vicks » Wed May 16, 2018 4:34 am

The SFA have charged Rangers over a UEFA licence that was issued in 2011.

Rangers say they haven't done anything wrong and with contest the charge.

It's a well known fact the SFA have a grudge against Rangers and once again they prove it.
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68008
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Vicks » Wed May 16, 2018 4:50 am

Dean wrote:I wonder if Gerrard would be tempted to put his boots back on for a season next year? He only retired a few months back, and all due respect to the SPL, he would still be the best player in it even now.


Good idea that Dean.

Graeme Souness was player/manager when he took over at Rangers as well.

He was a former Liverpool Captain too.

:header:
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68008
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 16, 2018 6:23 am

Vicks wrote:It's been claimed the Arsenal players all know who their new manager is.

Lots of websites cclsim former Gers player Mikel Arteta is taking over after lots of other candidates dropped out.

I hope this doesn't turn into another Alex Ferguson/David Moyes carry on.


He was mentioned a while ago even before Wenger had 'put in his notice' Wenger had some faith in him though I don't know if he meant just yet?

He'd be the ideal candidate for the non-footballing executive which is why Ivan Gazidis the CEO backs him as his preferred replacement. He won't cost an arm and a leg or demand a huge transfer budget, he knows the workings of the club and the players and he won't have a ready made entourage he wants to rock up with him. He's definitely the cheap option.

The downside is I don't think he was universally liked by the all players, but that might not be a bad thing, he was known as an authoritarian and some didn't like his attitude. If the board think it will assuage the fans by appointing an ex player, Arteta isn't that man.

Though he spent a fair few years at the club and was team captain, he isn't viewed in the same way as the legends like Viera and Henry etc., he's not regarded as 'a great' by fans. Some reports say that he'd be 'number two'd' by Santi Cazorla who is a fan favourite so maybe that would help.

As the days go on I think it's becoming more likely he'll be the man named so I'd be prepared to give him a fair crack of the whip, hope everyone else does.
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35446
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 am

I don't think anyone will ever be able explain why Arsenal had such a poor away record this season, it's really what did for us bigtime. You can understand having a poor run which includes home and away games but this defies reason and logic.

Apart from Man City we had the best home record of the season 15 wins 2 draws and 2 defeats scoring more than any other team except of course Man City.

Our away record was almost the opposite, 11 defeats 4 draws and 4 wins, absolutely atrocious by anyones measure. Converting just half of those defeats and draws would have had us runners up by some margin, just a quarter, easily in the top four - what went wrong?

The only thing I can think is that it was the travelling away fans who gave Wenger and the team the roughest time, that 3-5000 regular travellers were their biggest critics both at the games and in the media, it's the only explanation I can think of. :dunno:
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35446
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Vicks » Wed May 16, 2018 7:15 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:It's been claimed the Arsenal players all know who their new manager is.

Lots of websites cclsim former Gers player Mikel Arteta is taking over after lots of other candidates dropped out.

I hope this doesn't turn into another Alex Ferguson/David Moyes carry on.


He was mentioned a while ago even before Wenger had 'put in his notice' Wenger had some faith in him though I don't know if he meant just yet?

He'd be the ideal candidate for the non-footballing executive which is why Ivan Gazidis the CEO backs him as his preferred replacement. He won't cost an arm and a leg or demand a huge transfer budget, he knows the workings of the club and the players and he won't have a ready made entourage he wants to rock up with him. He's definitely the cheap option.

The downside is I don't think he was universally liked by the all players, but that might not be a bad thing, he was known as an authoritarian and some didn't like his attitude. If the board think it will assuage the fans by appointing an ex player, Arteta isn't that man.

Though he spent a fair few years at the club and was team captain, he isn't viewed in the same way as the legends like Viera and Henry etc., he's not regarded as 'a great' by fans. Some reports say that he'd be 'number two'd' by Santi Cazorla who is a fan favourite so maybe that would help.

As the days go on I think it's becoming more likely he'll be the man named so I'd be prepared to give him a fair crack of the whip, hope everyone else does.


Well he was well liked at Rangers, there's never been any Gers players saying Arteta had a bossy attitude.

The only problem with Arteta in my opinion, is his lack of experience.

Anyway if he is the next manager, I hope the Arsenal fans give him a chance and don't start waving "Come back Arsene" banners.
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68008
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Vicks » Wed May 16, 2018 7:16 am

England fans going to the World Cup in Russia have been told not to fly the St George's Cross because it's Imperialistic and antagonistic.

I don't see it as being either and I don't see why the England flag is being singled out.

In other World Cup news..

ISIS have urged it's followers to attack fans at the tournament and the sick bastards have released various propaganda photos.

One shows Lionel Messi wearing an orange jumpsuit and about to have his throat cut.
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68008
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 16, 2018 7:29 am

Vicks wrote:England fans going to the World Cup in Russia have been told not to fly the St George's Cross because it's Imperialistic and antagonistic.

I don't see it as being either and I don't see why the England flag is being singled out.


In other World Cup news..

ISIS have urged it's followers to attack fans at the tournament and the sick bastards have released various propaganda photos.

One shows Lionel Messi wearing an orange jumpsuit and about to have his throat cut.


I think it might have something to do with the fact that, if I remember rightly, it's similar to the flag of the former USSR state of Georgia and was a symbol of their struggle for independence from the former Soviet Union, which might upset a few Russians. :dunno:
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35446
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Vicks » Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:England fans going to the World Cup in Russia have been told not to fly the St George's Cross because it's Imperialistic and antagonistic.

I don't see it as being either and I don't see why the England flag is being singled out.


In other World Cup news..

ISIS have urged it's followers to attack fans at the tournament and the sick bastards have released various propaganda photos.

One shows Lionel Messi wearing an orange jumpsuit and about to have his throat cut.


I think it might have something to do with the fact that, if I remember rightly, it's similar to the flag of the former USSR state of Georgia and was a symbol of their struggle for independence from the former Soviet Union, which might upset a few Russians. :dunno:


It could be Traps.

Anyway...

What about the German flag?

You're a Londoner, say you find it antagonistic because of the Blitz.
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68008
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 16, 2018 5:19 pm

West Ham must live in upside down land. They employ managers to keep them in the Premier league then when they do, they sack them. :dunno:

David Moyes is the latest victim of those arseholes that run that club, saying they are looking for someone of a higher calibre. Wankers, who do they think West Ham are, Barcelona?

Where do they think they are going to find a 'high calibre' manager who wants to work for a couple of back street spivs.

If they had any thought of improving the club, they'd part with the enormous fortune they got from selling off the Bolyen Ground to property developers instead of trousering it. :hand:
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35446
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Mikel Arteta has moved into pole position in the Arsenal manager stakes. :ooer:
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35446
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Mickyboy » Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 pm

Gareth Southgate has named his 23 man squad to take to Russia and 5 players from the mighty Spurs have made the cut, the most from any premier league team........ :cool:
User avatar
Mickyboy
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Vicks » Wed May 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Shagger has rejoined Rangers!!

Allan McGregor has signed a two year deal.

This is great news because he's arguably one of the best goalkeepers in the country.

:rangers:
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68008
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Vicks » Wed May 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Trapper John wrote:Mikel Arteta has moved into pole position in the Arsenal manager stakes. :ooer:


Stop worrying, it will be fine!! :wubbers:
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68008
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Vicks » Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Image

This the picture i was talking about this morning.

Lionel Messi is in another photo as well.

I guess they've picked him, because he's the biggest name there.

Oh and don't anyone claim Ronaldo is bigger than Messi, Mr "Aren't I fucking gorgeous" isn't fit to clean Lionel Messi's boots.

:thumbsup:
User avatar
Vicks
 
Posts: 68008
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Vicks wrote:
Oh and don't anyone claim Ronaldo is bigger than Messi, Mr "Aren't I fucking gorgeous" isn't fit to clean Lionel Messi's boots.

:thumbsup:


Ronaldo isn't as bad as people and himself make out, much of it is for show. Apparently he's a really nice guy outside football and does a lot for his extended family and charities too, without looking for any publicity.

In his prime I'd say he was as good if not better than Messi, he has played outside La Liga whereas Messi never has.
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35446
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests