Jocelyn Wildenstein and other natural Beauties!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Jocelyn Wildenstein and other natural Beauties!

Postby Nucks » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:15 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Here's a thing, why not spend the money it costs for cosmetic surgery on fixing their fucking heads. :dunno:

There are a number of books which I have read which I credit with having a real impact on my life. One of them was "Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz. I can't remember how old I was when I came across it. Maybe my early 20s.

Anyway, Maltz was a plastic surgeon who often found despite performing technically excellent surgery on his patients they are frequently just as unhappy, if not more so, after surgery. This lead him to explore the nature of perception, both of the self and the outside world, to help his patients change how they viewed themselves and find peace.

His work helped lay the foundations for things like NLP, reframing situations, visualisation techniques, paradigm shifts and so on.

It also leads to some mind bending questions about the nature of reality and whether it is a objective truth or a subjective evaluation which differs from person to person.

B.I.B. Not surprising really. Many people will make cosmetic or exterior changes hoping it will make them happier. Whether it’s facelifts/implants or flashy cars and a new partner, if they don’t address the underlying reasons it can become a bottomless pit of spending. We often hear the phrase ‘money can’t buy happiness’, and while it’s true, the media and advertisers certainly do their best to convince us otherwise to get us to part with our money.
Nucks

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:12 am

Nucks wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Here's a thing, why not spend the money it costs for cosmetic surgery on fixing their fucking heads. :dunno:

There are a number of books which I have read which I credit with having a real impact on my life. One of them was "Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz. I can't remember how old I was when I came across it. Maybe my early 20s.

Anyway, Maltz was a plastic surgeon who often found despite performing technically excellent surgery on his patients they are frequently just as unhappy, if not more so, after surgery. This lead him to explore the nature of perception, both of the self and the outside world, to help his patients change how they viewed themselves and find peace.

His work helped lay the foundations for things like NLP, reframing situations, visualisation techniques, paradigm shifts and so on.

It also leads to some mind bending questions about the nature of reality and whether it is a objective truth or a subjective evaluation which differs from person to person.

B.I.B. Not surprising really. Many people will make cosmetic or exterior changes hoping it will make them happier. Whether it’s facelifts/implants or flashy cars and a new partner, if they don’t address the underlying reasons it can become a bottomless pit of spending. We often hear the phrase ‘money can’t buy happiness’, and while it’s true, the media and advertisers certainly do their best to convince us otherwise to get us to part with our money.

It's partly about accessibility now. The fact that these cosmetic procedures are quite easy to get makes more people take them up. Dentists can now do Botox for you, it's a slippery slope. <old woman alert> By all means work on how you look so you look and feel good, but to go under the knife is an extreme I just can't understand/relate to.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I have absolutely no doubt that it is the latter.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Nucks wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

For sure.

I think many people struggle with finding meaning and purpose in life and fill that gap with consumerism which includes an excessive preoccupation on the material (to include the physical body).

The things we used to rely on to help with that existential struggle - religion, the family, public duty, love of country, military service and so on have lost their power in recent times which leaves many people adrift.

I guess most of us, deep down, know the wisdom in the words of the Beatles "say you don't need no diamond ring and I'll be satisfied, tell me that you want the kind of thing that money just can't buy, I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love" but sometimes that message gets lost in modern life.
Avon Barksdale

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:28 pm

you see the changes so much in society when you look at the teenagers

my 13 year old went to the school disco last night, when I was 13 we were all a bit lumpy and awkward with badly applied makeup, now they all seem to have swooshy swathes of long blonde hair, perfectly plucked eyebrows and an outer confidence - I'm sure that masks inner insecurities, and that they must feel the pressure

I should add we live in a fairly rural area and her school is quite a strict one - I'm not talking about children that live in the pulse of fashion
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:29 pm

But as the late great Madonna said, 'We are living in a material world and I'm a material girl'.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:But as the late great Madonna said, 'We are living in a material world and I'm a material girl'.

Madonna is not dead

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:But as the late great Madonna said, 'We are living in a material world and I'm a material girl'.

Madonna is not dead

How do you know? I haven't seen her around.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rockstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Holly wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Holly wrote:
What exactly is your problem? I'm really curious...I start a thread, you roll your eyes, I ask you why, you call me supercilious...and now you won't shut up and keep derailing my thread...Why? Are you bored?

That eye roll was in response to the supercilious nature of your post. Capishe?

If you feel the thread is derailed,then you can report the post for moderators to look into it...Oh wait...

I did just that, I asked myself what I should do, this was my answer....Bye :turniphead:

That was alright what you did. No fucks were given for a ban on Dogs forum. :thumbsup:
Rockstar

Postby Nucks » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Guest wrote:

Madonna is not dead

Just well-preserved?
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:41 pm

Nucks wrote:
Guest wrote:

Madonna is not dead

Just well-preserved?

Bugger off!

I think she looks fantastic. :snooty:

Keyser

Postby Nucks » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Keyser wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Guest wrote:

Madonna is not dead

Just well-preserved?

Bugger off!

She looks a little parched. :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby calitom » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Another case in point is Katie Price, who was really beautiful in her younger natural state. She has ruined herself. I always feel sorry for her. She has been used and abused her whole life. It is definitely a mental health issue.

How can these people be successful?
How can people look up to such cretins?

Peter Andre and Jordan (Auto tune removed)

oh dear...thats painful....
they need to use them at gitmo
calitom

Postby Keyser » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:58 pm

Nucks wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Guest wrote:

Madonna is not dead

Just well-preserved?

Bugger off!

She is fine once she has her makeup on. :cool:

Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:19 am

Nucks wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Guest wrote:

Madonna is not dead

Just well-preserved?

Bugger off!

:pmsl:
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms