Celebrities (not Z listers please) that you have met?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Celebrities (not Z listers please) that you have met?

Postby Trapper John » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Anthony Hopkins, Terrence Stamp, Robert Shaw and his famous wife at the time (cant remember her name) Oliver Reed and David Hemmings and some more I'd need time to think about. They were all met at one time or another in the Comedy Pub off the Haymarket, oh and Micheal Crawford.

I've met all of the Monty Python team and the Goodies and Michael Aspel and some others I can't remember, that was at the after show shindig of the premiere of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I'll have a think about others, Oh and that bloke with the big bulbous nose from the 'Streets of san Francisco' Karl Malden that was in Burlington Arcade in London.

PS. Just googled Shaw's wife I met, Mary Ure was her name, right classy woman and really nice to talk to, no airs and graces.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Don't think this counts as 'met' but Princess Anne pulled up next to me in a bit of traffic around Trafalgar Square, she was in the back of a Range Rover and shot me a toothy grin and nod, I suppose it was the look on my face and double take.

I've already mentioned before a few times about meeting the Queen the day they opened the Dartford Bridge, she sort of touched my hand and it smelled liked gold and precious gems for days after. :mrgreen:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Jimmy Trabuck, Frank Carson and Saint and Greavsie, at various company do's - don't know where they come on the celeb scale.

PS. Jimmy Tarbuck, funny as fuck as a stand up, his off screen routine was a real eyeopener, couldn't stand him before, loved him after.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Vam wrote:I'd like to say but, cos it's Vam posting, no one would believe me :bawlin:

i would. :smilin: so would nn, nucks, stooo, holly, vicks, meas ... you get the idea.

Postby Nucks » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:I'd like to say but, cos it's Vam posting, no one would believe me :bawlin:

i would. :smilin: so would nn, nucks, stooo, holly, vicks, meas ... you get the idea.

:thumbsup:

No harm in these threads, it’s not as if any of us are claiming to be bezzies with these celebs. Just that we met/knew them once.

C’mon Vam. :wubbers:
Nucks

Postby Trapper John » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:53 pm

It'll be the Aga khan due to the connection with the Gee up neddies.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Goodwife » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:02 pm

:attentionwhore: :attentionwhore: :attentionwhore: :attentionwhore: :attentionwhore:
Goodwife

Postby Goodwife » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Trapper John wrote:Don't think this counts as 'met' but Princess Anne pulled up next to me in a bit of traffic around Trafalgar Square, she was in the back of a Range Rover and shot me a toothy grin and nod, I suppose it was the look on my face and double take.

I've already mentioned before a few times about meeting the Queen the day they opened the Dartford Bridge, she sort of touched my hand and it smelled liked gold and precious gems for days after. :mrgreen:

I saw the queen peering out the curtains at bucks palace once. Seen one of prince andrews kids driving near trafalgar square (don't ask me which one tho! )

I have met a fair few famous people, some would say Z list,

Went to school with a few people who are now 'famous' I wouldn't say A list but probs not quite Z list. There is also a few footballers that I know of varying degrees of professionalism from the premier league downwards & I have met a number of others.
Goodwife

Postby jp761 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Nucks wrote:
jp761 wrote:Most smart people make their own mind up about people. Not everyone is easily influenced by online bullshit.

I agree, not much point in putting too much effort into trying to convince others of someone else’s goodness or badness. Online I mean.

:awesome:

And even if I have decided I’m not too keen on someone, I can still interact with them under other circumstances. I’d rarely write someone off entirely.
And you're the nicest rascal in town after all. :laughing:
jp761

Postby Nucks » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:24 pm

jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:
jp761 wrote:Most smart people make their own mind up about people. Not everyone is easily influenced by online bullshit.

I agree, not much point in putting too much effort into trying to convince others of someone else’s goodness or badness. Online I mean.

And even if I have decided I’m not too keen on someone, I can still interact with them under other circumstances. I’d rarely write someone off entirely.

My brain initially read that as ‘nicest racist’. :gigglesnshit: I was trying to think of when I might have said something racist. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby jp761 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Nucks wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:

My brain initially read that as ‘nicest racist’. :gigglesnshit: I was trying to think of when I might have said something racist. :mrgreen:
It's definitely rascal. :mrgreen:

If I saw something racist from you I'd assume your account had been hacked! :mrgreen:
jp761

Postby Nucks » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:22 pm

jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:

It's definitely rascal. :mrgreen:

If I saw something racist from you I'd assume your account had been hacked! :mrgreen:

:gigglesnshit: I’d be the first to admit I can sometimes be a jerk, but I’m an equal opportunity jerk.
Nucks

Postby Ck » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:56 pm

I've met Mr Morningstarr :wubbers:
Ck

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Ck wrote:I've met Mr Morningstarr :wubbers:

Morningstarr*

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Oliver Reed on the piss in Malta was epic :more beer:
Drunk Dalek

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms