Energy Crisis: Do you fear Nuclear Energy? - why?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Energy Crisis: Do you fear Nuclear Energy? - why?

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:22 pm

measurer wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
measurer wrote:Getting to eat 3 headed fish is my dream! I'm moving!! :twirl:

You see now that is an example of just how deeply ingrained the anti nuclear lobby have made their propaganda. There has never a monsterously mutated anything except those that occur naturally in nature.

You've never had a fish supper in Silloth! :gigglesnshit:

Correct, even the name looks like it's mutated from something else.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby measurer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 pm

It's in England, just up from Sellafield. lol
measurer

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:59 am

measurer wrote:It's in England, just up from Sellafield. lol

Talking of Sellafield, I had a younger cousin born to my mum's sister. They lived in Cumbria at the time, home of her husband and lived about 10 miles from Sellafield, it was known as 'Windscale' at the time.

It did then much as it does now, reprocesses and stores nuclear waste. This cousin died of cot death syndrome at about 6 months I think, at the time very little was known about and it certainly wasn't in the wider public knowledge as it is today.

His death conincided with a 'containment leak' a few months earlier, it was publicised but 'Windscale' had several over the years, probably why they changed it's name, it conjured up bad thoughts. Anyway these leaks were all 'non life threatening' we were told but it didn't stop my aunt and my mum blaming his death on Windscale because the autopsy found no obvious reason for his death.

Today they are called cot deaths and happen to kids wherever they live, but Windscale will always be blamed by them and anyone else in similar circumstances, when there appears to be an obvious monster to point a finger at.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Punk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:16 am

Trapper John wrote:

Talking of Sellafield, I had a younger cousin born to my mum's sister. They lived in Cumbria at the time, home of her husband and lived about 10 miles from Sellafield, it was known as 'Windscale' at the time.

It did then much as it does now, reprocesses and stores nuclear waste. This cousin died of cot death syndrome at about 6 months I think, at the time very little was known about and it certainly wasn't in the wider public knowledge as it is today.

His death conincided with a 'containment leak' a few months earlier, it was publicised but 'Windscale' had several over the years, probably why they changed it's name, it conjured up bad thoughts. Anyway these leaks were all 'non life threatening' we were told but it didn't stop my aunt and my mum blaming his death on Windscale because the autopsy found no obvious reason for his death.

Today they are called cot deaths and happen to kids wherever they live, but Windscale will always be blamed by them and anyone else in similar circumstances, when there appears to be an obvious monster to point a finger at.

Any ideas why child cancer and leukemia cases are off the scale near Sellafield compared to the rest of the UK? There must be one reason. :leer:
Punk

Postby Trapper John » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:15 am

Punk wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Any ideas why child cancer and leukemia cases are off the scale near Sellafield compared to the rest of the UK? There must be one reason. :leer:

Interesting that you bring that up. Instances of childhood leukemia appeared to be 10 fold higher amongst those living near Sellafield (Seascale) and Dounreay nuclear plants, with clusters numbering a dozen or so children in close proximity. This initiated an Independent Advisory Group to investigate which began it's work back in 1984.

Basically, after 30 years of investigation and blaming then unblaming many different sources they found that 'cluster cases' of leukemia appear around the world even when no external source of radiation is present.

At one time they believed that the children were likely to have contracted leukemia before birth from their fathers who worked at the plants, some still do, because there is no evidence of higher than normal background radiation in the two areas.

Like I said, because there is a monster to point a finger at, doesn't necessarily mean it's responsible. There are no 'new cluster cases' now in those areas, by the way.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Is it me? » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Punk wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Interesting that you bring that up. Instances of childhood leukemia appeared to be 10 fold higher amongst those living near Sellafield (Seascale) and Dounreay nuclear plants, with clusters numbering a dozen or so children in close proximity. This initiated an Independent Advisory Group to investigate which began it's work back in 1984.

Basically, after 30 years of investigation and blaming then unblaming many different sources they found that 'cluster cases' of leukemia appear around the world even when no external source of radiation is present.

At one time they believed that the children were likely to have contracted leukemia before birth from their fathers who worked at the plants, some still do, because there is no evidence of higher than normal background radiation in the two areas.

Like I said, because there is a monster to point a finger at, doesn't necessarily mean it's responsible. There are no 'new cluster cases' now in those areas, by the way.

The COMARE report was written by scientists with no publications in the field and ignored a huge amount of evidence that the Sellafield and other cancer site child leukemia clusters, to say nothing of adult cancers near nuclear sites Hinkley Point, Bradwell and Trawsfynydd (e.g. breast cancer) all reported in the peer-reviewed literture and ignored by COMARE. This organisation should be sent to jail for scientific dishonesty. Examine, for example, increase in heritable effects (including leukemia) following Chernobyl reviewed in Environmental Health and Toxicology Jan 2016 by Schmitz-Feuerhake et al. but not cited by Gibson et al.

Hth
Is it me?

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms