Energy Crisis: Do you fear Nuclear Energy? - why?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Energy Crisis: Do you fear Nuclear Energy? - why?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:12 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:https://www.globalresearch.ca/search?q=Fukushima&x=0&y=0

Chernobyl was a big event but now overshadowed by the complete destruction of three nuclear power plants that we don't have the technology to even start putting right.
It is pouring shit out into the atmosphere and the Pacific on a truly frightening scale all these years later.
Nuclear is the most expensive energy production on the planet with waste having to be nursed for generations.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby measurer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:16 pm

Exactly Rollup, there is no such thing as "clean" when dealing with nuclear fallout. I remember reading how long it would take for the earth to recover from that disaster - and that answer? 20,000 years before a human could live on it again! Yep, not very clean...
measurer

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Stooo wrote:Have you been reading about the horlicks that is HPC?

The reason why we don't have a lot of nuclear energy is because it takes ages to build and costs a fortune. HPC is being built by the Chinese and French.

I will probably be dead from the traffic fumes by the time that cunt is built :bawlin:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Keyser » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:42 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:I will probably be dead from the traffic fumes by the time that cunt is built :bawlin:

Not much of a Dalek are you? :mrgreen:
Keyser

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:48 pm

The long history of the criminal insanity and negligence of the nuclear industry is revealed in our book, Fukushima: Dispossession or Denuclearization? (edited by Nadesan, Boys, McKillop & Wilcox) which was published last year, and includes detailed chapters from a number of writers who document the nuclear crimes.

In the case of Tepco (Tipkill), the facts are overwhelming that not only was Fukushima an “accident waiting to happen” but rather “a foregone conclusion.” The location of the plant on soft fill soil at a low altitude near the ocean in a tsunami zone was the first big mistake of the planners, who must have graduated from the Homer Simpson school of donutology. Cost-cutting, corruption and incompetence is part of the well-documented history, which ultimately led to the triple meltdowns.

Will the destroyed reactors ultimately need to be buried in a sarcophagus as has been done with Chernobyl which now has the world’s largest moveable “building” covering it (at no small expense)? One big problem — Chernobyl was just one reactor and rests on rock-solid ground, so the radiation can’t go too far downward. At Fukushima the reactors rest on a mushy place next to the ocean which is also atop an underground aquifer/river deep below it. It is theoretically possible that the radiation could leak into that aquifer and reach Tokyo someday.

If they have to build a sarcophagus it will be Mission Impossible since the shielding would have to be underground as well. Nuclear engineer, Arnie Gundersen proposed this as the only solution and noted a complicated underground piping system would have to be installed to process the leaking radiation before it escapes to the ocean. He also said it may take 500 years to decommission Fukushima.
https://www.mondialisation.ca/technolog ... co/5441076
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:49 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:

The reason why we don't have a lot of nuclear energy is because it takes ages to build and costs a fortune. HPC is being built by the Chinese and French.

I will probably be dead from the traffic fumes by the time that cunt is built :bawlin:

EDF will tarmac oops, build on your grave. What's going to happen when it's built and needs hardly anyone working there?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:49 pm

Keyser wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:I will probably be dead from the traffic fumes by the time that cunt is built :bawlin:

You try putting up with 750 HGV movements a fucking day :bawlin:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:54 pm

Stooo wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:

EDF will tarmac oops, build on your grave. What's going to happen when it's built and needs hardly anyone working there?

I know. I think they are going overboard with all the hotels
Drunk Dalek

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:

Yeah but in town they're making a new road between Quantock Terrace and the Drove/Leggar leading into Sainsburys, another new estate (Kings Drove) being built on the old cellophane factory site. Own this house for £395 a month up on banners. Once it's built, it's built, what happens to these houses then?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:13 pm

When man can draw enough energy from the sun the wind the waves that's when he can truly stand tall and say look what we have done.
Look what we have achieved.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Keyser » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Jesus if I was you I would give Davros a buzz and see if you can stay at his place!. :kinell:
Keyser

Postby measurer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:45 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:When man can draw enough energy from the sun the wind the waves that's when he can truly stand tall and say look what we have done.
Look what we have achieved.

And the word there is Enough - for what is enough or will be enough, by the time fossil fuels have been emptied?

More worrying to me is what happens to Earth when all fossil fuels have been extracted..
measurer

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:15 pm

Stooo wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:

Yeah but in town they're making a new road between Quantock Terrace and the Drove/Leggar leading into Sainsburys, another new estate (Kings Drove) being built on the old cellophane factory site. Own this house for £395 a month up on banners. Once it's built, it's built, what happens to these houses then?

Fill it full of pikeys from Sydenham :thumbsup:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:19 pm

Keyser wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Jesus if I was you I would give Davros a buzz and see if you can stay at his place!. :kinell:

Fuck that. I’d rather die of carbon monoxide poisoning :ooer:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:48 am

Drunk Dalek wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Fuck that. I’d rather die of carbon monoxide poisoning :ooer:

The energy crisis isn't just about creating energy for consumption.
It's how that consumption takes place.
Massive strides are being made in low energy use.
Lighting in streets and factories supermarkets and so on has been achieved at such a rate as to be slashing consumption.
Refrigeration is another big stride forward.
A big stride backward in my opinion is electric vehicles.
But energy use is possibly more important than energy production.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms