Miracle cures

A right load of bollocks...

Miracle cures

Postby Twoaday » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Is there a Miracle cure or even any cure for Migraines?
I've a pounding headache and even the lamp hurts my eyes. Have a damp cold towel on my forehead slight relief but gawd the pain. I can't move just want to lie here on the sofa.
Has anyone been cured of migraines ?
If so what's the secret.
Twoaday

Re: Miracle cures

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:22 pm

have you tried heroin
always cures what ails you...
:dunno:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:26 pm

turning the computer off might help you, guesty.

Postby Lucian Deville » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 pm

Twoaday wrote:Is there a Miracle cure or even any cure for Migraines?
I've a pounding headache and even the lamp hurts my eyes. Have a damp cold towel on my forehead slight relief but gawd the pain. I can't move just want to lie here on the sofa.
If so what's the secret.

Hi

Get a job that you can manage realtively easily and pay well, can travel in your own car to job, and never work weekends or more than 34hrs, mass of annula leave and flexi time and BH's - have a nice home, family, wife, money in bank, realtively health on the whole, not interefre in other peoples affairs, be polie/nice/caring and dont listen to people too much other than your wife and kids, never lend to nayone money you cant afford to loose, eat as you like drink weekends defo, drive ice cars, have a nice bed with 6000 spring queen size mattress with built in mem foans, ensire you have good heating in home so can wlak around in t shirts and shorts all year round, have a gardener, window cleaner, car cleaner, house cleane, remain humble and educated and a few other thins and trust us, you will rarely get a migraine, fct!!!
Lucian Deville

Postby Goodwife » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:36 pm

Lucian Deville wrote:
If so what's the secret.

Hi

Get a job that you can manage realtively easily and pay well, can travel in your own car to job, and never work weekends or more than 34hrs, mass of annula leave and flexi time and BH's - have a nice home, family, wife, money in bank, realtively health on the whole, not interefre in other peoples affairs, be polie/nice/caring and dont listen to people too much other than your wife and kids, never lend to nayone money you cant afford to loose, eat as you like drink weekends defo, drive ice cars, have a nice bed with 6000 spring queen size mattress with built in mem foans, ensire you have good heating in home so can wlak around in t shirts and shorts all year round, have a gardener, window cleaner, car cleaner, house cleane, remain humble and educated and a few other thins and trust us, you will rarely get a migraine, fct!!!

You don't half talk a lot of rubbish :monkey:
Goodwife

Postby Goodwife » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:37 pm

If so what's the secret.

Go to the drs and get some beta blockers.

Turn your lights out!
Goodwife

Postby Star » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm

If so what's the secret.

Sometimes it is certain foods that can trigger a migraine.
Star

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 pm

If so what's the secret.

Depends on what the cause is and how frequent they are.
But for immediate relief I’d suggest darkness if you’re light sensitive, painkillers and riding it out in as much comfort as possible. I try and distract myself, but I’m not usually light sensitive, and I imagine it’s difficult to distract yourself in the dark.

If they are frequent see your doctor.
NastyNickers

Postby measurer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:00 am

Lots are using Botox. Have you been offered it yet?
measurer

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:35 am

measurer wrote:Lots are using Botox. Have you been offered it yet?

Took me 3 years of daily chronic migraines to get Botox. And then they’ll only give it you for a year on the NHS :shake head:
NastyNickers

Postby Lucian Deville » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:37 am

Thanks Mes & NN as our daughter and Mrs D get these quiet severely - we will google tomorrow and then advised our daughter and Mrs D and leave it up to them
Lucian Deville

Postby measurer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:39 am

NastyNickers wrote:

Took me 3 years of daily chronic migraines to get Botox. And then they’ll only give it you for a year on the NHS :shake head:

I know, a neighbour gets it for hers. I was shocked to read it's only for a year tho!
measurer

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:35 am

If so what's the secret.

I used to get them in clusters and it didn't matter what I took for it, it was completely debilitating. The only thing I could do was take paracetamol as soon as the vision blurring began, it's the sign ones coming, and then lie down and sleep in a quiet darkened room. Nothing else I could do. The next day would feel like a hangover but at least the head wasn't pounding.
Good luck with it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:29 pm

measurer wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

I know, a neighbour gets it for hers. I was shocked to read it's only for a year tho!

Yep. Tight bastards. I probably cost them more in hospital admissions and scans when I don’t have the Botox. With the Botox it’s just the pain clinic and neurologist every 3 months.
Fucks me right off.
NastyNickers

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:05 pm

With Botox I just can’t get past injecting the worlds most deadly toxin into your body :ooer:
Drunk Dalek

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms