Why does Feminism get a bad press?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Why does Feminism get a bad press?

Postby Nucks » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:54 pm

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:I have to say it's a real shame some on here don't take the time to get to know JRA. He gets a real bad time to be honest. I have conversed with him at length on another forum,for many years, and he's been an absolute pleasure to 'talk' to. He's never been anything but a gentleman. His posts are often deliberately pounced upon on here, and mis-construed or purposely taken out of context.

Maybe if you took time to get to know him, instead of slating him, you'd see he has a really nice personality really.

Means a lot to me. Thank you.

My money’s on Dean NLI.
Nucks

Postby Cobs » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Nucks wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:I have to say it's a real shame some on here don't take the time to get to know JRA. He gets a real bad time to be honest. I have conversed with him at length on another forum,for many years, and he's been an absolute pleasure to 'talk' to. He's never been anything but a gentleman. His posts are often deliberately pounced upon on here, and mis-construed or purposely taken out of context.

Maybe if you took time to get to know him, instead of slating him, you'd see he has a really nice personality really.

My money’s on Dean NLI.

TROLL!
Cobs

Postby Nucks » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Cobs wrote:
Nucks wrote:
jra wrote:

My money’s on Dean NLI.

TROLL!

:mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Guest wrote:"in some circumstances you may be responsible for what happens"

JRA's words for women who have been raped.

Wow!!

Postby George » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:39 pm

jra wrote:
measurer wrote:OK, I'm actually going to say that some women dress so provocatively, that I see how men will use it to justify rape, but NOTHING can justify it. Rape is a crime of hatred. I watched a girl in Marrakech, walk into the massive souk wearing a dress that was split to her navel. There wasn't a pound of her hanging right, but by Christ, did those Arab and English men ogle her. This is a country that women tend to be modestly dressed in, so for a female to not take note of other women and how they dress, is IMO, asking for trouble.

They would have had her stripped if she got lost in those alleyways! So, my advice to women would be to watch how much they are showing, and not to get legless when out - you're setting yourselves up for a fall. And I do know this is 2018 and women are entitled to wear what they want, but some men see this as an open invitation - of which it isn't! But there is NEVER an excuse for raping anyone.

Finally.

I've been trying to say the same thing all along, but get slated for it, simply it seems because I am a man.

But you didn’t say what Measurer is saying, she says rape can never be justified and you said
Can you at least accept that in some circumstances you may be responsible for what happens due to your own actions, and that includes some rapes or unwanted attention.

Perhaps we are taking you too literally and you do not actually mean that women maybe responsible for her own actions and that includes some rapes
George

Postby jra » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:03 am

Nucks wrote:
jra wrote:

My money’s on Dean NLI.

Shall we get admin to check that.
jra

Postby jra » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:07 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:"in some circumstances you may be responsible for what happens"

JRA's words for women who have been raped.

Wow!!

Still milking it eh! See you two in 5 years time when no doubt I'll still be getting reminded.

Do you want the fillings from my teeth while you're at it.
jra

Postby jra » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:13 am

George wrote:
jra wrote:
measurer wrote:OK, I'm actually going to say that some women dress so provocatively, that I see how men will use it to justify rape, but NOTHING can justify it. Rape is a crime of hatred. I watched a girl in Marrakech, walk into the massive souk wearing a dress that was split to her navel. There wasn't a pound of her hanging right, but by Christ, did those Arab and English men ogle her. This is a country that women tend to be modestly dressed in, so for a female to not take note of other women and how they dress, is IMO, asking for trouble.

They would have had her stripped if she got lost in those alleyways! So, my advice to women would be to watch how much they are showing, and not to get legless when out - you're setting yourselves up for a fall. And I do know this is 2018 and women are entitled to wear what they want, but some men see this as an open invitation - of which it isn't! But there is NEVER an excuse for raping anyone.

Finally.

I've been trying to say the same thing all along, but get slated for it, simply it seems because I am a man.

But you didn’t say what Measurer is saying, she says rape can never be justified and you said
Can you at least accept that in some circumstances you may be responsible for what happens due to your own actions, and that includes some rapes or unwanted attention.

Perhaps we are taking you too literally and you do not actually mean that women maybe responsible for her own actions and that includes some rapes

Frankly I've given up caring for now. I've said my piece. People won't let the matter rest. Whatever. It's ridiculous how people pick my posts apart, analyse every bleeding word, like an inquisition in a court of law.
jra

Postby Nucks » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:53 am

jra wrote:
Nucks wrote:
jra wrote:

My money’s on Dean NLI.

Shall we get admin to check that.

Well,it’s quite a serious matter. So yes, yes you should.
Nucks

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms