Re: Why does Feminism get a bad press?

Postby guest » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:19 pm

jra wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Well no, of course it doesn’t. And I don’t think I said it did. :dunno:

Implied

The only thing I’ve implied is that victim blaming is bad.

Understanding the circumstances of rape should be encouraged. There’s lots of sensible debate to be had.

What shouldn’t be encouraged is the thought that a woman did something to cause her own rape.

Can you at least accept that in some circumstances you may be responsible for what happens due to your own actions, and that includes some rapes or unwanted attention.

If you can't, then as far as I'm concerned this debate is over.

I've just realised you're a pathetic attention seeking troll.

It's unbelievable that someone can place some blame on some women if they're raped.

Postby guest » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:21 pm

jra wrote:
Oh FFS. I've only said that women in some instances may take preventative measures to lesson their chances of attracting unwanted attention in certain circumstances.

Do you honestly think I believe women should be raped in any circumstances?

Now you're backtracking. TROLL!!

Postby jra » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:02 am

You two bagheads go away. Have you not noticed that this debate is essentially over, as everything that needed to be said has essentially been said.

Calling me an attention seeking troll : yawn : isn't going to cut it. Come up with some original material.
Last edited by jra on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jra

Postby Dean » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:03 am

jra wrote:You two bagheads go away. Have you not noticed that this debate is essentially over, as everything that needed to be said has essentially been said.

You got your ass handed to you by Nastynickers... :thumbsup:
Dean

Postby jra » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:09 am

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:You two bagheads go away. Have you not noticed that this debate is essentially over, as everything that needed to be said has essentially been said.

No. We had a difference of opinion. Are you following me around, as you've replied at least twice within minutes of me making a post.
jra

Postby Dean » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:17 am

jra wrote:
Dean wrote:

No. We had a difference of opinion. Are you following me around, as you've replied at least twice within minutes of me making a post.

That’s how discussion forums work mate...
Dean

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:12 am

Calling me an attention seeking troll : yawn : isn't going to cut it. Come up with some original material.

A discussion isn't over just because you say so, TROLL.

To place some blame on some women if they're raped is vile and ridiculous. I want to see you justify why they should bear some responsibility.

The fact that I'm a guest here does not change my point or my request so don't make that an excuse to dismiss this post.

Postby Keyser » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:37 am

Rape is not about sex.

It is all about power and control and what the victim is or is not wearing at the time of the crime has no relevance whatsoever.
Keyser

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:30 am

Keyser wrote:Rape is not about sex.

It is all about power and control and what the victim is or is not wearing at the time of the crime has no relevance whatsoever.

Try telling jra that.

Postby jra » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:35 am

Guest wrote:

To place some blame on some women if they're raped is vile and ridiculous. I want to see you justify why they should bear some responsibility.

The fact that I'm a guest here does not change my point or my request so don't make that an excuse to dismiss this post.

Cut it out with the vile crap. Emotive words. Like I said in some circumstances it may be a factor.

Just like with everything in life you may have to bear responsibility for your actions.

But not always.

All of you walk around wearing next to nothing in a Muslim area for example and see what happens. I wouldn't recommend it.
jra

Postby Dean » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:42 am

I’ve walked around Muslim areas hundreds of times with not much on and I’ve never been raped... :ooer:
Dean

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:47 am

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:

Cut it out with the vile crap. Emotive words. Like I said in some circumstances it may be a factor.

Just like with everything in life you may have to bear responsibility for your actions.

But not always.

All of you walk around wearing next to nothing in a Muslim area for example and see what happens. I wouldn't recommend it.

You really are showing your true colours. A woman is never responsible (even partially) for being raped regardless of what she is wearing and where she is walking.

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:08 pm

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:

But not always.

I know you don't do emotion but I use the word vile because it describes your view that some women may be partly responsible for their rape.

Can you control your urges when you're around women if their bodies are partly on display?

Postby jra » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:31 am

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:

But not always.

You really are showing your true colours. A woman is never responsible (even partially) for being raped regardless of what she is wearing and where she is walking.

You keep believing that. It doesn't condone the crime though.

It doesn't wash with me attacking my character. Do what you want, when you want, whatever. If you get into trouble because of it don't blame me.
Last edited by jra on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
jra

Postby jra » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:34 am

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:

But not always.

I know you don't do emotion but I use the word vile because it describes your view that some women may be partly responsible for their rape.

Can you control your urges when you're around women if their bodies are partly on display?

Course I can. But that has nothing to do with the discussion really. I might as well ask if you are a trolling dick? That's about as relevant.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms