Should we Talk the Talk if we can't Walk the Walk?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Should we Talk the Talk if we can't Walk the Walk?

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:31 pm

measurer wrote:Nothing will happen, it's all posturing. I believe the UK probably takes out other spies but we seldom hear about it - one coming to my mind was a woman that "apparently" was killed in a car accident, though we the public will never be privy to what really happened. Even Googling I can't find anything about that incident..

Economic sanctions? Yea, they would withhold gas - we lose. Tories are full of crap.

Russia have done May a favour - anything to deflect from Brexshit and make the floppy bint look tough but without actually doing anything. The mugs fall for it every time.
McAz

Postby jp761 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:38 pm

At least the US, Germany and France are singing from the same hymn sheet as the UK.
jp761

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:43 pm

jp761 wrote:At least the US, Germany and France are singing from the same hymn sheet as the UK.

NATO - it's part of the contract.
McAz

Postby jp761 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:46 pm

McAz wrote:
jp761 wrote:At least the US, Germany and France are singing from the same hymn sheet as the UK.

They clearly agree with Britain's assessment of the situation. They wouldn't back them otherwise.
Last edited by jp761 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jp761

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:47 pm

jp761 wrote:
McAz wrote:

They clearly agree with the Britain's assessment of the situation. They wouldn't back them otherwise.

They are our NATO allies - an attack on one is an attack on all. They are bound to agree with our assessment or they break the contract, disagreeing would be unthinkable.
McAz

Postby jp761 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:55 pm

McAz wrote:
jp761 wrote:
McAz wrote:

They clearly agree with the Britain's assessment of the situation. They wouldn't back them otherwise.

They are our NATO allies - an attack on one is an attack on all. They are bound to agree with our assessment or they break the contract, disagreeing would be unthinkable.
I'm sure they wouldn't just always completely agree come what may.

But hey neither you nor I know what goes on behind the scenes.
jp761

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:59 pm

jp761 wrote:
McAz wrote:
jp761 wrote:
McAz wrote:

I'm sure they wouldn't just always completely agree come what may.

But hey neither you nor I know what goes on behind the scenes.

They are required to agree - or rather, not to disagree.
And I worked for government for decades - I have more than a fair idea of what goes on behind the scenes. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby jp761 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:03 pm

In what capacity McAz?
jp761

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:08 pm

jp761 wrote:In what capacity McAz?

Military and civilian. I can't discuss detail but I can say that my time working to and for govt ministers does not fill one with trust or hope.
McAz

Postby Stefan Batak » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:35 pm

McAz wrote:
measurer wrote:Nothing will happen, it's all posturing. I believe the UK probably takes out other spies but we seldom hear about it - one coming to my mind was a woman that "apparently" was killed in a car accident, though we the public will never be privy to what really happened. Even Googling I can't find anything about that incident..

Economic sanctions? Yea, they would withhold gas - we lose. Tories are full of crap.

Russia have done May a favour - anything to deflect from Brexshit and make the floppy bint look tough but without actually doing anything. The mugs fall for it every time.

They will all agree it was the Bulgarians.
Stefan Batak

Postby measurer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Stefan Batak wrote:
McAz wrote:

They will all agree it was the Bulgarians.

They should throw in Kim Jong and it could be interesting... :ooer:
measurer

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:55 pm

i don't think it was putin or the russian government.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:03 pm

To identify the sample one has to have a sample or record of the sample to compare it with.
No one in any country has such a sample because if they had they'd be required to report it to The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).
Indeed the OPCW was so sceptical of the viability of “novichoks” that it decided – with US and UK agreement – not to add them nor their alleged precursors to its banned list. In short, the scientific community broadly accepts Mirzayanov was working on “novichoks” but doubts he succeeded.
Britain declares it has identified it and where it came from without offering any evidence.
Britain refuse to submit any sample to the OPCW.
Whole thing is a fairy story by the sounds of it.
Is it maybe a show off job by Porton down to say look what we've produced that the rest of you failed to?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lambert » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:To identify the sample one has to have a sample or record of the sample to compare it with.
No one in any country has such a sample because if they had they'd be required to report it to The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).
Indeed the OPCW was so sceptical of the viability of “novichoks” that it decided – with US and UK agreement – not to add them nor their alleged precursors to its banned list. In short, the scientific community broadly accepts Mirzayanov was working on “novichoks” but doubts he succeeded.
Britain declares it has identified it and where it came from without offering any evidence.
Is it maybe a show off job by Porton down to say look what we've produced that the rest of you failed to?

Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble, but the government have already announced they will be submitting a sample to the OPCW.
Lambert

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Lambert wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:To identify the sample one has to have a sample or record of the sample to compare it with.

Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble, but the government have already announced they will be submitting a sample to the OPCW.

Let me know when they actually do.
Words are one thing actions another.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms