Random Stuff Part 20

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part 20

Postby Jem » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:38 am

jra wrote:
jp761 wrote:Sun has gone it's quite dark and a Thunderstorm is here. That all changed around very quickly.

UK weather is a bitch, but it's a nice bitch, i.e. doesn't normally kill you as in extreme weather.

=

DOCUMENTARY: World's Deadliest Weather: Caught on Camera
On: Channel 5
Date: Saturday 28th April
Time: 18:00 to 19:00

Documentary series featuring weather at its most extreme and destructive. A tornado tears through Moore, Oklahoma. Elsewhere, a parachutist finds himself at the mercy of a freak wind. From Glenridding to Texas, floods cause mayhem, but it is in the desert that they are at their most dangerous.

Be glad you live here IMO. We rarely if at all have to worry about earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, cyclones, tsunamis, flash floods, mud flows, pyroclastic flows, extreme cold, huge hailstones, sand storms, large snowfalls, droughts and all the rest that some other parts of the world get on a regular basis. Count your blessings.

Looks interesting, I like tornadoes.
Jem

Postby Jem » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:39 am

jra wrote:
jp761 wrote:Sun has gone it's quite dark and a Thunderstorm is here. That all changed around very quickly.

UK weather is a bitch, but it's a nice bitch, i.e. doesn't normally kill you as in extreme weather.

=

Documentary series featuring weather at its most extreme and destructive. A tornado tears through Moore, Oklahoma. Elsewhere, a parachutist finds himself at the mercy of a freak wind. From Glenridding to Texas, floods cause mayhem, but it is in the desert that they are at their most dangerous.

Be glad you live here IMO. We rarely if at all have to worry about earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, cyclones, tsunamis, flash floods, mud flows, pyroclastic flows, extreme cold, huge hailstones, sand storms, large snowfalls, droughts and all the rest that some other parts of the world get on a regular basis. Count your blessings.

Jem

Postby measurer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:45 am

I am looking at sun trying to burst through a dreich looking sky..............I think the rain is going to win. Well, Scotland had it's day of summer........I wonder what's next? :laughing:
measurer

Postby Nucks » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:42 am

Biggest firework from a single shell. :yikes:

Nucks

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Attempted coup taking place in Saudi right now .
If they win there'll no doubt be an even more evil lot in the palace than they have now!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Trapper John wrote:
jra wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
jra wrote:

=

This is supposed to be a 'random thread' like the title suggests, little bits of random rubbish in the main, it's not a TV guide, nor an RIP thread, nor a Tech thread - we have places for all those so why keep spamming the random thread with them?

Maybe a mod will tell you the same thing at some stage.

I made one tech post. That's spamming is it now.

It's all random stuff, but now you want to dictate what is random or what is not. Is that how it goes?

I don't 'dictate' I make observations. I'm in no position to dictate anything here and neither would I want to be, 'power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely' :gigglesnshit:

My observation was based on my own experience when a simple remark about upgraded software being often worse than it's predecessor was greeted by 'We have a tech thread for that' post by a moderator. So I was simply passing that information on to to you. :thumbsup:

If you think it's 'all random stuff' then why do we have sections? why not just one big non dedicated board where you can post anything you like?

Well that was obvious, like I knew that had happened.
jra

Postby Gabby » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:26 pm

Just read Kate and Wills had a baby boy :wubbers:
Gabby

Postby Cleopatra » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Gabby wrote:Just read Kate and Wills had a baby boy :wubbers:

They could have said a few words on the steps, I thought. I know William hates the press (and public), but they are living high on the hog at the taxpayers expense and are happy to reap all the benefits of being royal. I'm beginning to think they don't give much back.
Cleopatra

Postby Jem » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:28 pm

Cleopatra wrote:

They could have said a few words on the steps, I thought. I know William hates the press (and public), but they are living high on the hog at the taxpayers expense and are happy to reap all the benefits of being royal. I'm beginning to think they don't give much back.

Are they? How much do the taxpayers fork out?
Jem

Postby Goodwife » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Jem wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

Are they? How much do the taxpayers fork out?

They don't, Charles pays for Wills & Kate and Harry out of the Dutchy of Cornwall.
Goodwife

Postby Switch » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Read a post on Faceache earlier ...... how gutted would you be to have a baby on ST Georges Day, and you already named your first child George :gigglesnshit:
Switch

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Switch wrote:Read a post on Faceache earlier ...... how gutted would you be to have a baby on ST Georges Day, and you already named your first child George :gigglesnshit:

You'd be gutted by something like that?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:32 pm

it would have been a real shock if she'd had a 2 year old boy.

Postby Jem » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:43 pm

My cousin had a baby this morning, early hours. They called him Max. I always associate that name with a dog. :ooer:
Jem

Postby jra » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Jem wrote:
jra wrote:

=

Apparently we get more tornadoes/square mile in the UK than they do in the USA, but most of the time they do minimal damage if any, unlike some in tornado alley USA and some other parts of the world.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive