The CLIPBOX - like the jukebox only FILM CLIPS!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The CLIPBOX - like the jukebox only FILM CLIPS!

Postby Lambert » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:12 pm

Trapper John wrote:This scene from the Godfather is the most justified use of brute violence in a gangster film. Sonny Corleone goes looking for his sister's husband Carlo after he's beat up on her one too many times.

phpBB [video]

Look at the fake punch at 2:08 :laughing:
Lambert

Postby Trapper John » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:30 am

This clip is from a German mini series called 'Our Mothers and Fathers' I saw it as a one off film.

I don't generally watch foreign 'subtitled' films but this one was one I couldn't not. It told the story of parts of WW2 from a German perspective, mostly the Russian campaign and involved a group of friends who all pledged to stick together and meet up regularly in future years before the war came along and changed everything.

Anyway this clip stayed with me for days after, illustrating the horror of war in all it's guises - the chilling part comes after the end of the brief newsreel footage at the start.

phpBB [video]
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 am

Another foreign film I couldn't stop watching 'Pan's Labyrinth' tells the story of a girl during the Spanish Civil War who retreats into an imagined world when life becomes too much for her, eventually becoming unable to tell reality from fantasy.

Creepy, disturbing and surreal if you've never seen it then I suggest you do, you won't be disappointed. This clip is one of the best in it's entirety, this is just a short clip of it beginning 2/3rds through as the complete scene is over 10 minutes long.

phpBB [video]
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Nucks » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:41 am

Trapper John wrote:Another foreign film I couldn't stop watching 'Pan's Labyrinth' tells the story of a girl during the Spanish Civil War who retreats into an imagined world when life becomes too much for her, eventually becoming unable to tell reality from fantasy.

Creepy, disturbing and surreal if you've never seen it then I suggest you do, you won't be disappointed. This clip is one of the best in it's entirety, this is just a short clip of it beginning 2/3rds through as the complete scene is over 10 minutes long.

phpBB [video]

That is an awesome film. :thumbsup: I’ve never been disappointed by a Guillermo del Toro movie.
Nucks

Postby Lambert » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:52 am

Trapper John has a good taste in films. Melancholia, Generation War, Pan's Labyrinth. I have all of them. I only managed to watch Pan's Labyrinth once as I found it utterly depressing. Some films I can watch over and over again, others once is enough even though I liked them. Anyone else seen The Lives Of Others?

phpBB [video]
Lambert

Postby Keyser » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:03 pm

Trapper John wrote:Another foreign film I couldn't stop watching 'Pan's Labyrinth' tells the story of a girl during the Spanish Civil War who retreats into an imagined world when life becomes too much for her, eventually becoming unable to tell reality from fantasy.

phpBB [video]

A tremendous film although I have it only watched it once because it was so very heartbreaking.

The Devil's Backbone was fantastic as well.

Del Toro has the rights to 'At the Mountains of Madness' and if the morons who run Hollywood finally get their heads out of their arses we could finally see a big budget H.P. Lovecraft story brought to the screen - and he is the perfect man to do it. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Text » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:03 pm

Two straight men who got very bored one evening, so decided to fight. In the nude!!
Oliver Reed was madder than a box of frogs. :shake head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i40QyxtV8T4

Text

Postby Cleopatra » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Canary wrote:Two straight men who got very bored one evening, so decided to fight. In the nude!!

And you'd know :smilin:
Cleopatra

Postby Text » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:10 pm

Canary wrote:Two straight men who got very bored one evening, so decided to fight. In the nude!!

BTW there was NO sex whatsoever in this clip.
If there was, I would not have posted it.
Hope it caused no offence to anyone.
Text

Postby Text » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Cleopatra wrote:

And you'd know :smilin:

I have NO idea why you are following me round from thread to thread, you nasty little inbred maggot.
Don't waste your time. Apart from throwing you a few occasional crumbs, I will generally be ignoring you.
Text

Postby Punk » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:22 pm

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Punk

Postby Punk » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Punk

Postby Keyser » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:32 pm

Nicholas Cage cannot act and I wanted him to die as quickly as possible - but this great character actor (and others like Malkovitch) made Con Air watchable.

This is the best scene in the entire movie! :mrgreen:

Keyser

Postby Punk » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Punk

Postby Punk » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:51 pm

My favourite film

Punk

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms